• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB sneak??!!

JayLarson

Every heard of it Coaches, Poly isn't lining a guy up over center, run a sneak and JJ scores easily. Canada is not tough enough to run in short yardage.

It really chaps my ass that they don't put Counts in on those very short yardage situations or, like you say, run a quarterback sneak

JayLarson said:
Every heard of it Coaches, Poly isn't lining a guy up over center, run a sneak and JJ scores easily. Canada is not tough enough to run in short yardage.

I saw this - couple times. Nobody over center - backer is five yards off. SNEAK!

Fahque said:
It really chaps my ass that they don't put Counts in on those very short yardage situations or, like you say, run a quarterback sneak
The whole game, I wondered why in the hell counts wasn't playing. A game like this is right up his alley IMO

Agree that Joey should have been in there, after Canada took all those hard hits inside, he tried to bounce everything to the outside, which resulted in fewer yards. Poly knocked the crap out of him.

JayLarson said:
Agree that Joey should have been in there, after Canada took all those hard hits inside, he tried to bounce everything to the outside, which resulted in fewer yards. Poly knocked the crap out of him.
Or maybe Jamal Wilson...has he ran the ball yet this year?

rgrizfan said:
JayLarson said:

I called a JJ sneak also at the tv, also a Brut-ass Jamal Wilson quick hitter play! I seen the same things as all you seen. Poly's big Fullback made great yardage off the dive. I bet it, would be damm tough to stop Wilson!

rgrizfan said:
JayLarson said:
Will he ever might be a better question. 1st and goal from the 1 and your 250 pound FB doesn't get 1 touch?

Must need a third OC to cover that part of the game...and maybe a 4th to suggest short/quick passes

RobGriz said:
rgrizfan said:
JayLarson said:
Will he ever might be a better question. 1st and goal from the 1 and your 250 pound FB doesn't get 1 touch?

Instead they attempt to throw a pass to him... :lol:

Where was the smashmouth factor?? With Wilson at FB and Counts as TB there is no way the Griz don't pick up 2 yds up the gut. I was screaming for that on that last 1st and goal at the end. They scored, but they got shithouse lucky doing it.

The Griz had some success running right up the middle, but they hardly ever do it, they run left alot, then they run right alot, they never seem to mix it up at all. And Canada has been putting the ball on the ground once a game it seems like.

JayLarson said:
The Griz had some success running right up the middle, but they hardly ever do it, they run left alot, then they run right alot, they never seem to mix it up at all. And Canada has been putting the ball on the ground once a game it seems like.
Obviously we watched different games. I don't recall any good runs up the gut. And btw counts is not 100% right now. One week we bwhine about jj getting hit too much them we whine he didnt QB sneak. What a joke. . Seriously we kept trying to run because you can't just be one dementinal. That's why...did we stick with it too long...maybe but oh well. Canada was not getting anything so we all complain stop running...then we get to the 5 and everyone wants to run. It was a smart move to not run. Wilson dropped a td, should have got a pi call on his other to him. Then a throw away and a td pass. Which was an AWESOME CALL BTW. perfect play theywere saving there

Hammer said:
Where was the smashmouth factor?? With Wilson at FB and Counts as TB there is no way the Griz don't pick up 2 yds up the gut. I was screaming for that on that last 1st and goal at the end. They scored, but they got shithouse lucky doing it.
And we have a winner! :thumb:

RobGriz said:
rgrizfan said:
JayLarson said:

Counts would get the job done. Need to give him the rock!

mtgrizfankb said:
JayLarson said:
Obviously we watched different games. I don't recall any good runs up the gut. And btw counts is not 100% right now. One week we bwhine about jj getting hit too much them we whine he didnt QB sneak. What a joke. . Seriously we kept trying to run because you can't just be one dementinal. That's why...did we stick with it too long...maybe but oh well. Canada was not getting anything so we all complain stop running...then we get to the 5 and everyone wants to run. It was a smart move to not run. Wilson dropped a td, should have got a pi call on his other to him. Then a throw away and a td pass. Which was an AWESOME CALL BTW. perfect play theywere saving there

Didn't look like less than 100% on special teams, or at any time he was on the field. Again, give Counts the rock- use his power, agility, and speed. Mix it up. Remember he can catch too.

Back