• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB controversy over........

GeauxGriz

And the starter will be...........

Jeff Disney, by way of default. Sadly, Ochs tweeked his ankle yesterday at practice. One source told me he was out 10 days, another source told me 10 WEEKS!!!!!!! :x

It seems that the 10 weeks would be true...Ochs was not at practice today, and had the results of an MRI due back today. If it were only a 10 day deal, You would think that he would have been at practice today, even if it was on crutches. I am hopeful that he will be back in 10 days.

At any rate, this is bad on two fronts: First Craig was going to be the starter, and second we now have Hartman burning his red shirt year to be the back up to Diz. And I'll throw out a third.....if Diz gets dinged up at all this year, we maybe in some deep trouble. Hartman is inexpeirenced, but capable.....but what do we have after that?

On a positive note......The secondary is going to be real good. And so will Sampson in a few years. But the secondary was lookin real fine today. :wink:

Lord, Please do not let this be another year of big injuries and frustration.

Aaaaah Shi!t!

I didn't really care who started since they are both very capable, I was however hoping to get the chance to see them both play.

I'm sure I will at some point...

Good Healing Ochs.. we're gonna need ya buddy!

I've never heard of an ankle taking 10 weeks. :eek: That's a torn ligament if it's 10 weeks.

If it's just a turned ankle it's 10 days. But that means Disney at Maine either way.

What does this do to your depth at QB if Ochs is out for a month or more? does it change your game plan?

f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*.

I was hoping for Disney to start, but not this way.

f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*, f*, f*, sh*, f*, sh*.

My cussing will continue for another hour or two.

:drinking: :mad:

If it really is 10 days then we would still have O for use at Maine. Right?? Maybe this just give a good chance to see Diz start a game. Has anyone seen whether O is on crutches?????????????

ronbo said:
I've never heard of an ankle taking 10 weeks. :eek: That's a torn ligament if it's 10 weeks.

If it's just a turned ankle it's 10 days. But that means Disney at Maine either way.

A high ankle sprain can be a pretty long rehab, we had our leading WR miss 6 games last year with that injury and when he came back, he still wasn't 100%. If it's a low ankle, the recovery time will be much shorter.

Well it kind of looks like Ochs is injury prone. That is bad news. What good is a guy if he constantly gets hurt. It's a waste of a scholarship.

He can't even get though practice with the yellow jersey on. In case anyone doesn't know what the yellow jerseys mean, they mean NO CONTACT, VERY IMPORTANT PLAYER.

I'm very disappointed.

If it is a real severe ankle sprain, sure it could take more than 10 days. I certainly had an ankle sprain last more than 10 days. And if it is sprained often enough without letting it completely heal, it just increases the risk of it being sprained again.

We are still fine at QB. Hartman is going to be a very good QB. Hate to seem him lose a redshirt season and still may not lose it. If Ochs isn't back, Hartman will definitely be on the sidelines in uniform ready to come in if necessary. But if Disney stays healthy, he may play the whole game while Ochs is out. That way Hartman can keep his red shirt year, while gaining more experience in practice where he would be taking more reps.
Of course, anything can happen. Odds are, if Ochs is out for a month or so into the season, Hartman will have to burn his red shirt season.

Jah: :evil:

n-zone: :angel:

Dang, I can hear you all the way up here!!!!

This sucks but we a bigger than one guy. (Here goes my shot at being positive.) We have been talkin up Diz for a while. If the race was that close then we are not hurt all that bad. There could be some good out of this. First off, the QB choice is made. No more guessing. Secondly if Ochs is out for 10 weeks that puts him back around the Idaho State game. And he would be healthy. Missing half of the season cuts his chance of concussion in half. (geez, im really looking for some good in this huh?) We might really need him about that time any way.

OK, thats as positive as I can be for now. Im gonna join Jah for a while.
:drinking:

I don't think Bobby would think it would be worth the missing practice time. Besides, its not like Maine would really know what the difference in the two qb's is. All this begs the question--how does the defense look????????????

I have to add this:

Why would you expect Ochs to be at practice now even if was only 10 Days. I would suspect he would be somewhere with his foot elevated and an ice pack, wrapped up adding compression. And for this to be most effective, should be inside out of the heat.

That is very important early on during an ankle sprain. Maybe after the swelling goes down, you will be seeing him on the sidelines.

Thanks n-zone. I'm keeping pretty positive. Check out the "random isht" forum and you'll see.

Just PO'ed at an injury more than anything. And the loss of depth at QB, if this is legit. Geaux is a reputable source for info, but I can't find where he saw this. Point me to the info Geaux.

As for n-zone, plug your ears because you are going to hear a lot more where that came from.

How many practices does a player have to have in before he is eligible? If it is only 10 days, could Ochs still play at Maine? Also what is the status of Garth Enger? Please tell me we are not going to have another year like last year.

What is the status of everyone else we are worried about. Did Decoit get his grades?? Who else was it waiting for summer grades???

biggriz said:
What is the status of everyone else we are worried about. Did Decoit get his grades?? Who else was it waiting for summer grades???

Decoit got his grades and is practicing. So has Tyler peterson.

JahGriz said:
Thanks n-zone. I'm keeping pretty positive. Check out the "random isht" forum and you'll see.

Just PO'ed at an injury more than anything. And the loss of depth at QB, if this is legit. Geaux is a reputable source for info, but I can't find where he saw this. Point me to the info Geaux.

As for n-zone, plug your ears because you are going to hear a lot more where that came from.

My guess is that Geaux went to a practice and found out the info.

Latest posts

Back