• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Q & A with AD and Coach

Griz90

Well-known member
UM Athletic Director Kent Haslam and Head Football Coach Mick Delaney will be in Sidney for our annual GSA Spring Tour and always give us a brief update on our beloved Griz. Following their presentations those in attendance are encouraged to ask questions of both the AD and the Coach, who have always been very informative and forthcoming in their responses. If you have any pertinent and relevant questions regarding UM athletics in general or Grizzly Football in particular I would be happy to pose them to our visitors and post their responses here on eGriz. I will be asking how the QB's are stacking up following Spring Camp and who is at the top of the depth chart entering fall camp as well as who is expected to fill the shoes of departed tight end Greg Hardy.
 
They will be in Great Falls on the 15th of May for our GSA BBQ. Price is only $10 for a great meal and several beers. Silent auction (always get most of my money) and also a regular auction. Anyone in the GF area on that day should attend, you can't get a meal for that quality and price anywhere!
 
i am actually curious about the safety positions.....without naming names I hope we will see some improvement there....according to an egriz thread cornerbacks will be exceptional this year............without sounding sarcastic will they be coached to actually defend the pass this year or just look like they are by lining up 10yds off the line of scrimmage.
cb's should be bumping these guys to the inside or outside within 5 yds of the line and the safeties should know that and be ready to defend if they see that the qb has not already created a run play.
pro-active vs pro-passive
 
zirge said:
i am actually curious about the safety positions.....without naming names I hope we will see some improvement there....according to an egriz thread cornerbacks will be exceptional this year............without sounding sarcastic will they be coached to actually defend the pass this year or just look like they are by lining up 10yds off the line of scrimmage.
cb's should be bumping these guys to the inside or outside within 5 yds of the line and the safeties should know that and be ready to defend if they see that the qb has not already created a run play.
pro-active vs pro-passive
I don't recall anyone saying they will be "exceptional" but improvement can be expected. I made personal comments about "Dennard". My expectations are MUCH higher for him this year.
 
rimrockgriz said:
zirge said:
i am actually curious about the safety positions.....without naming names I hope we will see some improvement there....according to an egriz thread cornerbacks will be exceptional this year............without sounding sarcastic will they be coached to actually defend the pass this year or just look like they are by lining up 10yds off the line of scrimmage.
cb's should be bumping these guys to the inside or outside within 5 yds of the line and the safeties should know that and be ready to defend if they see that the qb has not already created a run play.
pro-active vs pro-passive
I don't recall anyone saying they will be "exceptional" but improvement can be expected. I made personal comments about "Dennard". My expectations are MUCH higher for him this year.

i agree with you and others believing that we will have a much improved secondary this coming year.
It is the safety positions that I would like to be addressed because with all the names listed in the secondary thread our existing safeties may not being playing at the same level......hence my curiousness about the safety positions competing this year for playing time.
 
Griz90 said:
UM Athletic Director Kent Haslam and Head Football Coach Mick Delaney will be in Sidney for our annual GSA Spring Tour and always give us a brief update on our beloved Griz. Following their presentations those in attendance are encouraged to ask questions of both the AD and the Coach, who have always been very informative and forthcoming in their responses. If you have any pertinent and relevant questions regarding UM athletics in general or Grizzly Football in particular I would be happy to pose them to our visitors and post their responses here on eGriz. I will be asking how the QB's are stacking up following Spring Camp and who is at the top of the depth chart entering fall camp as well as who is expected to fill the shoes of departed tight end Greg Hardy.


When G90?
 
Please ask Coach Delaney "what changes?" I'm curious as to what changes aremimplemented in order to get an improved Grizzly football team. Thanks
 
Wednesday May 1st. Please see post titled "Spring Tour in Sidney" for full details. Please join us.
 
Tour will be in the Bitterroot on June 5th.

So all of you people attending the previous tours please ask the coaches all the tough questions you can and post the response you get. That way if we still have needed questions asked I will do it at the Bitterroot bash on the fifth.

It is becoming obvious to even me that our team will be quite good. I am standing by my previous predidction of at least a 75% win season. Deep down I think we beat that but many things need to occur.

Ahh.......I can't wait!
 
Back
Top