• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

PW comments and EGRIZ.. be careful what you say

mtgrizrule

Funny quick story. A friend of mine from out of state has his sophomore son looking into schools for football. He is expected to be borderline BCS/FCS player, so he is doing his research early. Via google search they stumbled onto egriz. They were reading some of the more recent egriz posts for the hell of it.

Anyway, I get an email from them, asking if they should be concerned about the GRIZ recruits thugs?
He was not to sure what to think of the "thug" comments we make now in making fun of PW's comments. I tried to explained it to him. His concerns are a lot less, now that he also found the links and researched PW's comments. He said it is good to hear some dumb ass said comments that were unfounded, and most the recruits are great people.

He was really concerned at what he was 1st reading though. Now, he told his son it is okay to consider Montana again.

I've been told that the admissions office and groups that handle new student orientation at the start of the spring semester had lots of questions from concerned parents and students as well, wondering about how bad the "thug" element is at the UM.

Unfortunately Pat Williams outrageous statements will linger out there for years to come in the internet ether. This isn't an issue involving athletics. The false image it portrays of the University may scare off thousands of potential students, or their parents.

Even though Pat Williams is removed from the Board of Regents the damage he has done remains. :ugeek:

BWahlberg said:
I've been told that the admissions office and groups that handle new student orientation at the start of the spring semester had lots of questions from concerned parents and students as well, wondering about how bad the "thug" element is at the UM.

Good thing the guy and his family trust me, and they did further research. He also commented, the bigger schools are a lot worse with a much bigger concern of bad apples on teams. His kid loves the GRIZ because of the nickname. He is from Western Nebraska, and a huge Husker fan too.

Grizzlies1982 said:
Unfortunately Pat Williams outrageous statements will linger out there for years to come in the internet ether. This isn't an issue involving athletics. The false image it portrays of the University may scare off thousands of potential students, or their parents.

Even though Pat Williams is removed from the Board of Regents the damage he has done remains. :ugeek:

Sad to agree with you, but you hit the nail on the head.

Time heals..."don't let the highs get you too high, and don't let the lows get you too low". Learn from your experiences in life and try not to make the same mistake twice. When you f... up come clean and shut it down or the situation only becomes worse. :rule:

Pat did what you don't do in polite society. You don't make wild public accusations about your family. If there's really a problem you fix it. You don't yap about it to every passing reporter unless you have a different purpose.

If Pat really thought there was a problem, would talking to a reporter and using -- in this day and age -- questionable language with racist connotations suggesting something inherently dangerous and dishonorable about your employer, really be designed to "solve" the "problem?"

Of course not. It wasn't his purpose at all. Giving Pat the benefit of the doubt for being all growed-up, experienced and past the "mindless gossip" stage of life, it couldn't have been.

Indeed, the fact that the only "rape" that occurred, according to the legal processes charged with determining these things, occurred off-campus, in a private home, between two old-friends and had as little to do with "athletics" as could be imagined, was committed by a "thug" from Frenchtown and likely could not be foreseen by even Pat Williams, and he is a fool if he really thinks otherwise.

Pat was riding a publicity horse and it bucked him off.

That's what happened.

Its a damn good thing nobody on eGriz posts comments worse than Pat Williams...............yeah I am looking right at you PR, 68, Zoo, All Weather,ronblow, etc

:coffee:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No. Pat Williams is anything but a moron, but his arrogance overshadowed his intelligence in this instance.

I have to disagree with you DG. PW often wrote editorials in the Missoulian. When I read them, I could hardly contain my laughter at how uneducated he was. Not to say he wasn't a good writer, but the substance of his opinions wreaked of ignorance. For that reason alone, he never should have been on the BOR.

ranco said:
I have to disagree with you DG. PW often wrote editorials in the Missoulian. When I read them, I could hardly contain my laughter at how uneducated he was. Not to say he wasn't a good writer, but the substance of his opinions wreaked of ignorance. For that reason alone, he never should have been on the BOR.

Agreed. Rumors are that his wife helped write them. Have you ever heard him rant on NPR. He sounds way past his prime.

Grizzlies1982 said:

Agreed. The extent of the harm is very significant. It will linger too. His statements are what have lead to some people referring to current players as thugs. Why else would someone (a woman) say to Tripp and others as they entered the courtroom: "Here come the thugs."

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Its a damn good thing nobody on eGriz posts comments worse than Pat Williams...............yeah I am looking right at you PR, 68, Zoo, All Weather,ronblow, etc

Me? Well, I am flattered.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Right back atcha, Big Guy. :coffee:

fanofzoo said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Me? Well, I am flattered.
Zooguy not you......we already had this misunderstanding last year.

We should definitely let Pat run his mouth at the expense of our University.. reflects terrifically on the U, esp when you're cutting dozens of jobs because you can't make ends meet.

Latest posts

Back