• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Putting It In Perspective

cclarkblues

Staff member
DONOR
This is a bit of a response to the folks that didn't know how to wait until game day. This is how I've had to deal with it, although I don't recommend it. A week ago I was excited about the upcoming game. I had tickets for the whole family and since my wife and daughter had never been to a Griz game, I was looking forward to showing them the beautiful campus and the Griz game-day experience.

Sunday morning I got a call saying my mom had died. Coincidentally I was prepping that day for a long-scheduled colonoscopy on Monday so I tried to handle some of the many things that need to be done without getting more than 10 feet from the bathroom. Monday was taken up with the procedure, making more plans to fly people in and starting to move things out of her apartment. Tuesday was busy getting the obituary finished, final funeral plans and meeting with the minister. Today is a bit of a lull but Thursday and Friday are packed with meetings, funerals, family get togethers and a hundred other things.

After talking with the relatives, I think we are stil planning to try to come to Missoula on Saturday, not Thursday or Friday as we had planned. Hopefully we will get there in time for me to try to beg a beer from Reinell30, grizfnz, or Brint. We will be the tired, burned out looking family and probably won't be cheering as loud as normal.

The point is, if this ballgame is the biggest thing on your mind right now, that's a terrific thing because a lot of things can happen to make it less important in your life.

Go Griz

cclarkblues said:
This is a bit of a response to the folks that didn't know how to wait until game day. This is how I've had to deal with it, although I don't recommend it. A week ago I was excited about the upcoming game. I had tickets for the whole family and since my wife and daughter had never been to a Griz game, I was looking forward to showing them the beautiful campus and the Griz game-day experience.

Sunday morning I got a call saying my mom had died. Coincidentally I was prepping that day for a long-scheduled colonoscopy on Monday so I tried to handle some of the many things that need to be done without getting more than 10 feet from the bathroom. Monday was taken up with the procedure, making more plans to fly people in and starting to move things out of her apartment. Tuesday was busy getting the obituary finished, final funeral plans and meeting with the minister. Today is a bit of a lull but Thursday and Friday are packed with meetings, funerals, family get togethers and a hundred other things.

After talking with the relatives, I think we are stil planning to try to come to Missoula on Saturday, not Thursday or Friday as we had planned. Hopefully we will get there in time for me to try to beg a beer from Reinell30, grizfnz, or Brint. We will be the tired, burned out looking family and probably won't be cheering as loud as normal.

The point is, if this ballgame is the biggest thing on your mind right now, that's a terrific thing because a lot of things can happen to make it less important in your life.

Go Griz
Condolences. The only Griz NC game I've missed was the 2000 ordeal with GSU, the day after my mom's funeral. The game will be the best therapy for you. On with life.

cclarkblues said:

a great lesson for many here. sorry for your loss. may she rest in peace. :thumb:

You and your family are in my prayers. While it is but small beans next to what you are going through, I hope that Saturday and the pagentry that goes with it bings a smile to your faces. Lord knows you deserve it. All the best for you and your family.

Cliff.....sorry to hear about your mom and your other stuff. If you need anything in Msla just let me know.

Travel safe

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for you loss, hopefully being around friends and attending the game will provide you a few hours to decompress.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The title of the thread says it all. I don't know you but I can relate. Gods speed and it sounds like your Griz friends give you an open invite. Take them up on it......it will help.

My condolences from a member of Griz Nation flatland chapter to another flatlander. I hope things go well for you and your family. Have a safe trip and enjoy the game as much as possible.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I lost a parent a while ago, and whether it is sudden or expected, it is very tough.

Thanks, CC, for giving us that perspective that we all need on occasion. After all, it IS only a game. And, all the rest is the life we lead. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Peace to you and your family and just one more reason to hope for a great game. A few hours of cheering and excitement can be a positive distraction. Your situation is a very good reminder about what is really important in life.

cclarkblues said:

Go Griz

Say my friend, I am very sorry for your loss. When/if you come to my tailgate, we'll have a toast for your mom!
Drive safe! Prayers are with you!!

My thoughts are with you during this time. It is never easy to lose a parent, but I bet your Mom has one of the best seats in house to watch Montana. I lost my Dad in Ocvtober 2009 and my Mom and September 2006. I was able to cry and cheer at Wa-Griz. Safe travel, I am leaving Saturday am from Billings.

Latest posts

Back