• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

PSU up next

griznation23

Well-known member
What do we say. Hopefully the defense wakes up, JJ cussed es the online out and they wakeup and the recieving core catching along with defense tackling are restored by this weekend. Go griz :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
 
I won't mock you for all the errors in your post I am just going to say that our D backs better bring their big boy pants to try and cover #1 for PSU, that guy is an absolute beast out there.
 
Both psu and The Griz are in a must win game if they want to be in the BSC race. Personally I would have the offensive line do a little extra work tomorrow to remind them they're supposed to be tired after a game. Oh ya a message to Tye.....it's ok to have your opponent punt on they're first series.
 
JayLarson said:
I won't mock you for all the errors in your post I am just going to say that our D backs better bring their big boy pants to try and cover #1 for PSU, that guy is an absolute beast out there.
I am very nervous about our ability to cover him if we don't get some pressure on the QB.
Go Griz!
 
nzone said:
Both psu and The Griz are in a must win game if they want to be in the BSC race. Personally I would have the offensive line do a little extra work tomorrow to remind them they're supposed to be tired after a game. Oh ya a message to Tye.....it's ok to have your opponent punt on they're first series.
Its not good to say its a must win but this is a must win especially when its only week two of conference play.
 
need to key in on the slot #89 kasey closs. he's having a breakout season so far. psu has some good offensive weapons in general. should be a fun game to watch.
 
If our Oline and Dline actually show up next week we'll have another W. That was the thing that stood out the most for me yesterday. JJ didnt have anytime to throw. They were getting pressure on us with just 4 rushing the QB. Our Oline got pushed back 3-4 yards every play. Our Oline kept missing blocks and letting defenders into our backfield while letting all the DB's cover the passing routes making it nearly impossible for JJ to complete a pass. Now for the Dline, NAU kept our Dline on their heels the entire game pushing huge holes in our defense making it easy for Bauman. Overall the tackling sucked, i think i only saw one big hit the entire game and so so many missed ones. If we execute in the areas i discussed we will look a world apart from yesterday.

:coffee:

Oh and AG1 is a stupid troll, i bet he scratched FTG on this own car just to get everybody worked up. :lol:
 
Sorry, it is kind of hard trying post to the web view on mobile device. However, point is: what does this Pevious game do for us for the next game :?: I am hoping that this game is a wake up call for the whole team and hermanson should feel guilty and play like a Champ this weekend.
 
Darksim said:
If our Oline and Dline actually show up next week we'll have another W. That was the thing that stood out the most for me yesterday. JJ didnt have anytime to throw. They were getting pressure on us with just 4 rushing the QB. Our Oline got pushed back 3-4 yards every play. Our Oline kept missing blocks and letting defenders into our backfield while letting all the DB's cover the passing routes making it nearly impossible for JJ to complete a pass. Now for the Dline, NAU kept our Dline on their heels the entire game pushing huge holes in our defense making it easy for Bauman. Overall the tackling sucked, i think i only saw one big hit the entire game and so so many missed ones. If we execute in the areas i discussed we will look a world apart from yesterday.

:coffee:

Oh and AG1 is a stupid troll, i bet he scratched FTC on this own car just to get everybody worked up. :lol:
Totally agree :thumb:
The whole game was lost in the trenches, mostly on our "O"line. Not sure WTF happened to them this week and I just don't think it was because NAU is that much better but they sure were last night, not taking away from their effort. You keep putting your "D" out there every couple minuets because you can't sustain a drive they are going to get worn out both physically and mentally, not to mention 7000ft is going to have some effect when your not use to it.
Turnovers are bad enough but make them scoop and scores and that was the nail that ended any chance of a come back.
Even Payton Manning is not going to get any production when his ass is hitting the ground on almost every snap. Seven sacks, GMAFB!!!!
 
Totally shocked by the play of the UM offensive line. The effort, the mistakes, the penalties, the complete lack of heart in that game. I am not shocked the Griz lost to NAU, I'm not shocked by a lot of what happened Saturday night. But I'm completely shocked by how bad the Griz' offensive line looked for all 60 minutes of that football game.
 
havgrizfan said:
Totally shocked by the play of the UM offensive line. The effort, the mistakes, the penalties, the complete lack of heart in that game. I am not shocked the Griz lost to NAU, I'm not shocked by a lot of what happened Saturday night. But I'm completely shocked by how bad the Griz' offensive line looked for all 60 minutes of that football game.

This! :cry: :oops:
 
grizare#1 said:
Darksim said:
If our Oline and Dline actually show up next week we'll have another W. That was the thing that stood out the most for me yesterday. JJ didnt have anytime to throw. They were getting pressure on us with just 4 rushing the QB. Our Oline got pushed back 3-4 yards every play. Our Oline kept missing blocks and letting defenders into our backfield while letting all the DB's cover the passing routes making it nearly impossible for JJ to complete a pass. Now for the Dline, NAU kept our Dline on their heels the entire game pushing huge holes in our defense making it easy for Bauman. Overall the tackling sucked, i think i only saw one big hit the entire game and so so many missed ones. If we execute in the areas i discussed we will look a world apart from yesterday.

:coffee:

Oh and AG1 is a stupid troll, i bet he scratched FTG on this own car just to get everybody worked up. :lol:
Totally agree :thumb:
The whole game was lost in the trenches, mostly on our "O"line. Not sure WTF happened to them this week and I just don't think it was because NAU is that much better but they sure were last night, not taking away from their effort. You keep putting your "D" out there every couple minuets because you can't sustain a drive they are going to get worn out both physically and mentally, not to mention 7000ft is going to have some effect when your not use to it.
Turnovers are bad enough but make them scoop and scores and that was the nail that ended any chance of a come back.
Even Payton Manning is not going to get any production when his ass is hitting the ground on almost every snap. Seven sacks, GMAFB!!!!
Seven sacks!? Like you said, it doesnt matter how good you are, if you cant get any protection youre gunna have a bad time
 
Yes your OL has a lot to shoulder for this loss, but y'all abandoned the run way too early. This made it easy pickens for NAUs DL.

You'll bounce back and you'll be fine. Trust your OL and run the ball on PSU.
 
LongTimeCatFan said:
Yes your OL has a lot to shoulder for this loss, but y'all abandoned the run way too early. This made it easy pickens for NAUs DL.

You'll bounce back and you'll be fine. Trust your OL and run the ball on PSU.

Finally someone said it and crazy enough it was a Cat fan! We abandoned the run way too early. I hated the throw deep on first and run for 3 yards on second leaving us with 3rd and long. Thanks LongTime and do us a favor and kick the s%$& out of NAU, they have it coming.
 
Darksim said:
If our Oline and Dline actually show up next week we'll have another W. That was the thing that stood out the most for me yesterday. JJ didnt have anytime to throw. They were getting pressure on us with just 4 rushing the QB. Our Oline got pushed back 3-4 yards every play. Our Oline kept missing blocks and letting defenders into our backfield while letting all the DB's cover the passing routes making it nearly impossible for JJ to complete a pass. Now for the Dline, NAU kept our Dline on their heels the entire game pushing huge holes in our defense making it easy for Bauman. Overall the tackling sucked, i think i only saw one big hit the entire game and so so many missed ones. If we execute in the areas i discussed we will look a world apart from yesterday.

:coffee:

Oh and AG1 is a stupid troll, i bet he scratched FTG on this own car just to get everybody worked up. :lol:

So these two lines are suddenly going to become studs in a week after being schooled by opposing players who were 40 lbs. lighter on both sides of the ball? Deal with reality. Our offensive line is highly overrated. And our defensive line in incapable of generating a pass rush.
 
grizfan95 said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Yes your OL has a lot to shoulder for this loss, but y'all abandoned the run way too early. This made it easy pickens for NAUs DL.

You'll bounce back and you'll be fine. Trust your OL and run the ball on PSU.

Finally someone said it and crazy enough it was a Cat fan! We abandoned the run way too early. I hated the throw deep on first and run for 3 yards on second leaving us with 3rd and long. Thanks LongTime and do us a favor and kick the s%$& out of NAU, they have it coming.
Yep, I always thought you run the ball to set up the pass, not the other way round.
 
hollybear said:
Darksim said:
If our Oline and Dline actually show up next week we'll have another W. That was the thing that stood out the most for me yesterday. JJ didnt have anytime to throw. They were getting pressure on us with just 4 rushing the QB. Our Oline got pushed back 3-4 yards every play. Our Oline kept missing blocks and letting defenders into our backfield while letting all the DB's cover the passing routes making it nearly impossible for JJ to complete a pass. Now for the Dline, NAU kept our Dline on their heels the entire game pushing huge holes in our defense making it easy for Bauman. Overall the tackling sucked, i think i only saw one big hit the entire game and so so many missed ones. If we execute in the areas i discussed we will look a world apart from yesterday.

:coffee:

Oh and AG1 is a stupid troll, i bet he scratched FTG on this own car just to get everybody worked up. :lol:

So these two lines are suddenly going to become studs in a week after being schooled by opposing players who were 40 lbs. lighter on both sides of the ball? Deal with reality. Our offensive line is highly overrated. And our defensive line in incapable of generating a pass rush.
When did i say that?
 
LongTimeCatFan said:
Yes your OL has a lot to shoulder for this loss, but y'all abandoned the run way too early. This made it easy pickens for NAUs DL.

You'll bounce back and you'll be fine. Trust your OL and run the ball on PSU.
Agreed :thumb: And i havent been the biggest Joey Counts fan this year but i think hes exactly what we need right now. Some one who is capable of punishing the D and putting them on their backs. Ideally Id like it with Counts as the #1 and Van playing clean up.
 
grizfan95 said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Yes your OL has a lot to shoulder for this loss, but y'all abandoned the run way too early. This made it easy pickens for NAUs DL.

You'll bounce back and you'll be fine. Trust your OL and run the ball on PSU.

Finally someone said it and crazy enough it was a Cat fan! We abandoned the run way too early. I hated the throw deep on first and run for 3 yards on second leaving us with 3rd and long. Thanks LongTime and do us a favor and kick the s%$& out of NAU, they have it coming.

NAU is similar to SFA in that they like to throw short 7 yard passes and test the linebackers, then pound them with Bauman after they've got them on their heels. They can't play from behind because their QB isn't very accurate past 20 yards. MSU has learned their lesson, or at least I hope so and should have this wrapped up in the 3rd qtr.

PSU got absolutely embarrassed in Bozeman last year. This years team is light years away from that team with their 11 drop downs. Their offense is very good and will certainly test your safetys' ability to read pass or run and tackle in space. Their run defense however is not very good and your OL should have their way with them all day. That is unless you think you need to pass a bunch, then this game will be closer than it needs to be. In other words, put this game away by the second qtr and make them quit because I've seen them do it. If you don't, they'll think they can play and might just beat you.
 
Back
Top