• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

PSU @ UM predictions

Last week I predicted a big victory, stating I would do so until it was proven the Griz D could be scored on & the Griz O can be controlled. Both of those things came true against NAU and proved we most likely will not dominate most games from here on out. That being said, I hope last week was the 2013 version of previous year's road lossed as mentioned earlier on this board, which were used as wake up calls leading to winning streaks. Even with the loss I believe this years team is much better than 2012 and will have to show up Saturday to prove me right. How the team responds should tell us what we can expect, a 2011 Griz or 2012. No way this is a low scoring game.

GRIZ - 35

Portland State - 28

I predicted a 6-5 season for the griz this year, before the NAU game I was looking like an idiot, now not so much. I do think we'll beat PSU at home handily.

Griz 35
PSU 24

Afte watching the cal poly and PSU game if the griz do not improve from the level of play at NAU then I say it is a toss up so lets say 38 griz 35 PSU as PSU defense was not all that impressive.

RayWill said:
Afte watching the cal poly and PSU game if the griz do not improve from the level of play at NAU then I say it is a toss up so lets say 38 griz 35 PSU as PSU defense was not all that impressive.

Their offense wasn't all that impressive in the second half, either. If we can contain their giant wider receiver and their RB, I think we'll be alright. Definitely need a better gameplan on defense than we had against NAU.

Htowngriz said:
RayWill said:

Their offense wasn't all that impressive in the second half, either. If we can contain their giant wider receiver and their RB, I think we'll be alright. Definitely need a better gameplan on defense than we had against NAU.

I agree completely Cal made some great adjustments that stymied thier offense in the second half I just lack the confidence in Delaney to be able to make those kinds of adjustments. NAU was the first game this season where the gameplan did not go as planned and the team seemed to make no adjustments. That big Reciever was good but I think most fans are overlooking their RB and the scramble ability of the QB as wel. It is a good offense better than what I have seen from the first 4 games of the Griz so far but if the Griz are to be a top 25 team then nothing that they should not be able to overcome. Still think it will be a good close game :thumb: :thumb:

I was so completely wrong on my prediction last week that I'm scared to even think about guessing.

Game will hinge on whether or not the front 7 can play disciplined, gap control run defense. I believe Kistler and co. have had enough and will be ready to go. Question mark is how beat up Jordy is. He took a thumping. At home I think this team will rally and win this game. Provided we protect the football.

psu.......17
Griz......27

nzone said:
Game will hinge on whether or not the front 7 can play disciplined, gap control run defense. I believe Kistler and co. have had enough and will be ready to go. Question mark is how beat up Jordy is. He took a thumping. At home I think this team will rally and win this game. Provided we protect the football.

psu.......17
Griz......27

Agreed. Nothing more demoralizing than fumbling on the two yard line and at the end of a big screen pass. :|

If we had gone without 3 turnovers, 2 of which were scoop and scores, the NAU game could have been different. That said, we have another physical team coming into WA-Griz who I beleive is just as talented as NAU. I hope our boys took their fat lip and learned a valuable lesson; They must show up and play fast mistake free football to win in this conference on a weekly basis. I still believe in this team, and all of their goals are still in front of them. We take care of business this weekend, right the ship, and get back on track.

UM - 35
PSU - 24

Lets see....

NAU offense - 20
Griz offense - 16

Looked bad stopping the run against NAU. IF that continues....

PSU -- 21
Griz -- 31

NAU's defense is better than we thought going in

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract