• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Price Dismissed

Fahque

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4631241" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boone, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Appalachian State University wide receiver Sean Price has been dismissed from the program due to repeated violations of team rules, football coach Scott Satterfield announced on Sunday.

The 20-year-old redshirt sophomore was suspended for two games in each of his first two seasons at the Southern Conference program. He missed the first two games this season after being charged for public intoxication and disruptive behavior in downtown Boone in August.

"No player in our program, regardless of how talented he is, is above our team, our university or our community," Satterfield said in a university statement. "Repeated behavior that does not meet the high standards that we hold our student-athletes to will not be tolerated. I truly hope that Sean gets on the right track and is able to utilize the talent that he possesses in the future. I wish him nothing but the best."

Price, who opened the season as a nominee for the Walter Payton Award, had 20 receptions for 237 yards and one touchdown in four games.

Last year, the 6-foot-5, 210-pound Price caught 81 passes for 1,196 yards - both FCS single-season records for a freshman - and eight touchdowns in 10 games.

Appalachian State has a 1-5 record in its final season before joining the Sun Belt Conference on the FBS level.

10/13 15:08:48 ET

And we thought the Grizzlues season was a train wreck last year. Poor App St. 1 and 5 ouch. For them having a bounce back season will be rough since they start playing FBS next season. I still wish them success though. I bet the fans really miss coach Moore?

grizcountry420 said:
Where do we sign him up at?

He needs a second chance. Life is all about second chances..

This

He would fit right in here with the "culture" Hauck made famous in Missoula

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

Sounds like this kid was given a second, or maybe a third chance at App and screwed it up! Great talent, but every coach at this level should run for the hills. He needs to play at DII for a bit to see if he can straighten out.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizcountry420 said:

This

Don't want him. He already had two chances at App St. He'd end up getting booted off the team too. Time to change that culture.

grizaremoregooder said:
UM should sign the kid and hire Player Rep to look after em the next two seasons.

He would lose his top end speed with PR hanging on his nuts...........

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizaremoregooder said:
UM should sign the kid and hire Player Rep to look after em the next two seasons.

He would lose his top end speed with PR hanging on his nuts...........

UM could make a million dollars selling the movie rights. Could you imagine THIS kid putting up with PR for two years poor bastard.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizcountry420 said:

This

GC420, funny, I like your sarcasm.
As for Hauck, I would take him any day. Always great teams. many kids made the pros, most of his kids graduated and went on to numerous successful careers. The kids playing for Hauck knew he had their backside and he would enable them to be successful or he would privately discipline them outside the listening ear of tabloid masters Gwen and Alpha1. As for Price, he might have ran to the M enough times to know Hauck meant business, thus responded. And yes I know Hauck had a few bad apples. At this point, Price has been given his chances in FCS. He probably off to NAIA.

NativeGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizcountry420 said:

This

As for Hauck, I would take him any day. Always great teams. many kids made the pros, most of his kids graduated and went on to numerous successful careers. The kids playing for Hauck knew he had their backside and he would enable them to be successful or he would privately discipline them outside the listening ear of tabloid masters Gwen and Alpha1. As for Price, he might have ran to the M enough times to know Hauck meant business, thus responded. And yes I know Hauck had a few bad apples. At this point, Price has been given his chances in FCS. He probably off to NAIA.

Could we request a translator now. Thanks...

Mr. Greenjeans said:
NativeGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizcountry420 said:

This

Could we request a translator now. Thanks...
Mr GJ, AG1 hated Hauck and felt he had a lot of thugs on the team and could not win the big one, though he did get us to the big game multiple times. Hauck did have a few thugs. I personally loved Hauck, thus I will defend him until I die. Hauck would not say much to the media, so if a there was a necessary discipline issue nobody really knew exactly what would be done. Except it was commonly known Hauck used a run to the M to discipline for some things such as missing class. As for Price-AG1 felt Price would have been another thug in the Hauck system and I felt it was possible Price would have responded well to Hauck's type of coaching. All speculation and meaningless at this point.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
grizcountry420 said:

This

...and a culture that AGI promotes. :lol:

Back