• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Mortem

DCOrange

I know it's easier for me to say to you Griz fans to take heart than it is for you to actually do it. I'm sure that most Orange fans thought we'd win, but I doubt that many at all expected that sort of blowout. It was just one of those games where one team could do nothing wrong, the other nothing right. And it happens to everybody from time to time -- SU's collapse in the second half against L'ville last week and the humiliating loss to G'town the week before come to mind.

Now I just hope that the Orange go out and trash Cal on Saturday. I'd hate to see the resounding victory over Montana wasted.

You folks are knowledgeable and friendly posters and have been very gracious to us visitors. It's appreciated. The very best of luck to you next season.

Best of luck to your team, that was a nightmare of a game, in many ways. This Griz team was intimidated from the outset, which actually took me by surprise. I really never expected the Griz would win this game, but I did think they would compete for 40 minutes and not make some of the mistakes they did which have not happened all season. Of course, much of the reason for them was the superior talent of your team.

Thanks for the kind words. Now go kick some ass in the tourney. I hope you guys give Cal a beating on Saturday to show that Montana had a horrible game, and that Syracuse really is a legit team.

stubbins said:
shocked at how well behaved and gracious your fan base is dc....
If you only knew what we put up with from some of the fan bases in the BE! It was pleasure coming over here and trading paint without all the venom of many others spew.

Best of luck going forward....and enjoy one of the most beautiful regions of our country.

"Cal will take Cuse a part........inside and out"

What makes you think that? Not that I don't think Cal can play, but I didn't see anything that suggests to me that the Bears will take SU apart. Nice for them that they'll have a virtual home court, but even that won't mean a lot. The Orange have played, and won, in all sorts of hostile places.

DCOrange said:

What makes you think that? Not that I don't think Cal can play, but I didn't see anything that suggests to me that the Bears will take SU apart. Nice for them that they'll have a virtual home court, but even that won't mean a lot. The Orange have played, and won, in all sorts of hostile places.

I don't see Montgomery or his players be as befuddled by your zone as Tinkle and our players were.

DCOrange said:

you gotta realize who is posting that...haha if you knew anything about our board you wouldn't have even bothered responding to alpha

SeaGrizluvr said:
DCOrange said:

I don't see Montgomery or his players be as befuddled by your zone as Tinkle and our players were.

Alpha is a known "pot stirrer", I think he's a very knowledgable sports fan but enjoys disrupting any and every subject! :lol:

SeaGrizluvr said:
DCOrange said:

I agree but then again, Cal has been up and down all year so we will see which team shows up. Just like last night

neutral court, Cuse rolls...but, quasi home game for Cal...it'll be close, but the orange still wins.

I don't see Montgomery or his players be as befuddled by your zone as Tinkle and our players were.[/quote]
That's what most teams and fan bases think that haven't played us before.

Completely different when the top of our zone has players that are 6'6" and 6'4" to go along with an insanely long back line. Most teams in the BE haven't been able to figure it out and we play most of them twice a year.

Cal only scares me because they appear to be an athletic group that could pull an upset if all goes well for them. We'll see Saturday....that's why we play the games.

Cal is not very good. Played in a weak conference this year, and did not show much. This one will not be close, Cuse wins easily.

narly said:
Cal is not very good. Played in a weak conference this year, and did not show much. This one will not be close, Cuse wins easily.
Isn't that what everyone said before the tourney started? Well see I guess!

Back