• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post game

first11

“Our guys hung in there,” Delaney said. “I’m proud of our football team. You know there is no quit in this team and there won’t be.

“We’ll work hard and try to be a little more disciplined in some areas and just get after it so we’re ready to go against a really good Portland State football team (Saturday).”

.....there is no try, only do!

stubbins said:
God I wish Pflu was still here....
So do I, but he's not coming back, so the team needs to respond with this new coach.

Although, I think the coach I really miss the most is Mike Breske.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
stubbins said:

After this shellacking, Hauck would be far more appropriate to instill some fire back in em.

This is why we will NEVER get back to being dominant...............................

Your right Alpha, the last time we were dominant is before Pflu took the car keys.
In fact those plays after the first down on their five yard line reminded me of Pflu's coaching.

Grizzlies1982 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
stubbins said:

After this shellacking, Hauck would be far more appropriate to instill some fire back in em.

This is why we will NEVER get back to being dominant...............................

Your right Alpha, the last time we were dominant is before Pflu took the car keys.
In fact those plays after the first down on their five yard line reminded me of Pflu's coaching.
Yes...because any body that knew anything about the game assumed that he would change the system in one game. The stupid ones thought it would take time to get his machine rolling....

Also, you Hauck wanted backers are aware that the Griz weren't good enough for him, right? He left you at the alter. Pflu wanted to settle down for ever. The Griz made a huge mistake kicking him out.

The machine was starting to roll....and now we have a mechanic who's better suited for landscaping, making things appear pretty.

stubbins said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

Yes...because any body that knew anything about the game assumed that he would change the system in one game. The stupid ones thought it would take time to get his machine rolling....

Also, you Hauck wanted backers are aware that the Griz weren't good enough for him, right? He left you at the alter. Pflu wanted to settle down for ever. The Griz made a huge mistake kicking him out.

The machine was starting to roll....and now we have a mechanic who's better suited for landscaping, making things appear pretty.

I didn't want Pflu either. I wanted somebody from outside the program who could infuse new ideas and energy. Either way he was an upgrade from "Can't get it done Bob".

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

UofMGrizFan said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
stubbins said:

:thumb:
Pflugrad wouldn't have been in this situation in his 4th year to begin with, because he knows how offense works and was stronger every year. It's fair to put Hauck into this scenario though, he was very practiced with it.

that is almost unbelievable what md said....a leader imo like Winston Churchill's famous quote when rallying Briton in ww II was "sometimes your best is not good enough, sometimes it requires what is necessary".....

People asking for Pflugrad back kind of makes me chuckle a little, because if you all remember for his first season and a half, many of us were very critical that the teams have no fire and show no emotions. I don't think the firing up of the players needs to come from the head coach, it can't hurt if it does, but it needs to come from the players themselves. It is a little off topic, but this summer the Great Falls Voyagers baseball team went on a tear in the second half of the season and Manager Pete Rose Jr would always say it was because the team was playing for each other. We saw very little emotion from our Griz vs NAU, they looked a little overwhelmed, I want to see guys getting on each other when someone makes a mistake and the coaches getting after them as well, as well as eating the refs lunch when they make a terrible call.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
stubbins said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I didn't want Pflu either. I wanted somebody from outside the program who could infuse new ideas and energy. Either way he was an upgrade from "Can't get it done Bob".

Can't get it done Bob? For a coach that won a share of the Big Sky in all 7 years he was coaching here, as well as 3 National Championship appearances, I'd say he was the only coach in recent memory that did get it done in his tenure here at the U. People that complain about not winning National Championships make me chuckle. Tough to win the big one if you're not even one of two teams left in the FCS.

GrizUp said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
stubbins said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

Can't get it done Bob? For a coach that won a share of the Big Sky in all 7 years he was coaching here, as well as 3 National Championship appearances, I'd say he was the only coach in recent memory that did get it done in his tenure here at the U. People that complain about not winning National Championships make me chuckle. Tough to win the big one if you're not even one of two teams left in the FCS.
GrizUp said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
stubbins said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

Good point about Hauck. I think the Griz fan base would give their left arm for a yearly BSC title and a few trips to Frisco over what they have now. But Hauck was looking for. "Greener" pastures. I agree with Stub. Pflugrad would have built something and stayed at UM.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
stubbins said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

yeah, we needed new blood because the Griz had been doing it all wrong for 20+ years. Wow, synopsis just aren't quite firing, are they?

Maybe the kids don't have much fire because MD is always yelling "You kids keep it down over there!" at all the practices.

Pflugrad was an excellent offensive coordinator but I think it is pretty clear he didn't have a handle on some things as a head coach.

Grizzlies1982 said:
stubbins said:

His instilling fire isn't working at UNLV, although with out Phenocie, I would welcome Bobby back, he would be the difference of W and L especially in the NAU game.

After all he took coach Delaney to show Jerome how to bet the Griz. 0-2 , just saying.

Back