• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

possible recruit

Just going by the team picture I'm guessing more like 6'7".

Still though, 6'7" and a good rebounder with some offense could do wonders for us next in the Big Sky. Kamarr Davis was a force inside and he was around 6'5" or 6'6" & listed at 6'7".

Potomac Griz said:

Still though, 6'7" and a good rebounder with some offense could do wonders for us next in the Big Sky. Kamarr Davis was a force inside and he was around 6'5" or 6'6" & listed at 6'7".

I think Wiley will be a very good rebounder too. In his little time on the court, he was always around the ball. He can jump out of the gym, and is fast too. By the way, he is the GRIZ player running track this year. He finished 3rd in the 200 in his 1st track event this weekend. I have a very good feeling about Wiley. Too bad he is not 6'8" or taller.

mtgrizrule said:
Potomac Griz said:

I think Wiley will be a very good rebounder too. In his little time on the court, he was always around the ball. He can jump out of the gym, and is fast too. By the way, he is the GRIZ player running track this year. He finished 3rd in the 200 in his 1st track event this weekend. I have a very good feeling about Wiley. Too bad he is not 6'8" or taller.

I am high on Wiley as well, he screams athlete the very first time you see him move and jump. Don't need him to be taller.

Tinkle needs to find one athletic big...that's it. and then rework the offense in the big sky so that it doesn't run through one player who either makes a one on one move or passes out. That shit doesn't work against better teams. Unless it's a superstar, and on the national level, KJ or WC are not a superstars.

Find 4 Wiley's that can shoot, one taller Wiley that can block shots and you have yourself a cinderella.

Easy, right?

mtgrizrule said:
Nice FG% and rebounding numbers. How is his defense? What kind offensive player is he?

not sure what kind of offensive player he is. video seems to be tough. had 49 blocks in 31 games last season which certainly is world beating.

gotgame75 said:
Do we even know for sure that we were recruiting him or was it just an educated guess?

Fairly certain I saw a post by Mslacat that said both UM and MSU were recruiting him to some extent.

grizindabox said:
gotgame75 said:
Do we even know for sure that we were recruiting him or was it just an educated guess?

Fairly certain I saw a post by Mslacat that said both UM and MSU were recruiting him to some extent.
I also saw in the GOHERD twitter thread that announced his commitment that we were recruiting him.

stubbins said:
mtgrizrule said:
Potomac Griz said:

I am high on Wiley as well, he screams athlete the very first time you see him move and jump. Don't need him to be taller.

Tinkle needs to find one athletic big...that's it. and then rework the offense in the big sky so that it doesn't run through one player who either makes a one on one move or passes out. That shit doesn't work against better teams. Unless it's a superstar, and on the national level, KJ or WC are not a superstars.

Find 4 Wiley's that can shoot, one taller Wiley that can block shots and you have yourself a cinderella.

Easy, right?

Agree with you. Did you see how Michigan attacked the Syracuse zone last night? Pushed the ball up the court, and quick passes to exploit the zone before it could react. Instead, we had Cherry walk the ball up court (even down by 20), then dribble for 10 seconds before passing the ball to another perimeter player who was also 40 feet from the rim. You do not attach a zone defense by dribbling, only passing. It is no wonder we looked lost out there against Syracuse!

narly said:
stubbins said:
mtgrizrule said:
Potomac Griz said:

Easy, right?

Agree with you. Did you see how Michigan attacked the Syracuse zone last night? Pushed the ball up the court, and quick passes to exploit the zone before it could react. Instead, we had Cherry walk the ball up court (even down by 20), then dribble for 10 seconds before passing the ball to another perimeter player who was also 40 feet from the rim. You do not attach a zone defense by dribbling, only passing. It is no wonder we looked lost out there against Syracuse!
You also saw in McGary a player who could hit shots from the high post and also find the open man when the zone collapsed on him. Of course MCW having an off night and Sutherland not hitting any 3's until it got under a minute had a lot to do with the outcome as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mtgrizfankb said:
We scored as many points as most do vs that zone. Let it go

Excuse me for attempting to talk basket strategy on this board. Carry on being a loyal fan and disregarding what is obvious to those of us who have played or coached the game.

narly said:
mtgrizfankb said:
We scored as many points as most do vs that zone. Let it go

Excuse me for attempting to talk basket strategy on this board. Carry on being a loyal fan and disregarding what is obvious to those of us who have played or coached the game.

You are right, we had to hit more more shots, regardless where they were from. With that said, every team Syracuse played, struggled hitting shots and running their normal offenses. Glad that Syracuse made a good run. Granted it does not change, they kicked our ass, but does make the struggle a little easier to accept.

As for a big recruit. I would love to land a guy that can do it all in the paint. What we need most is rebounding and shotblocking.

Back