• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Political Impact for Recruiting

mtgrizrule

I'm hearing, high academic schools, like the Ivy League, Cal, and other left leaning schools are loosing interest with potential recruits this for the 24 and 25 classes.

Many parents are very concerned about the incidents like at Columbia. They don't want their kids to be any part of it.

If that's the case, it helps the likes of Montana.

I couldn’t agree more. I know someone who is being recruited right now and he and his family are not looking at California schools because of the political climate.

I'm hearing, high academic schools, like the Ivy League, Cal, and other left leaning schools are loosing interest with potential recruits this for the 24 and 25 classes.

Many parents are very concerned about the incidents like at Columbia. They don't want their kids to be any part of it.

If that's the case, it helps the likes of Montana.
Loosing?

Who wants to pay boat-loads of tuition to schools that allow the inmates to run the facility? Graduations cancelled; classes disrupted; violence towards students; free speech banned? State schools that don't have these theatrics constantly happening are gaining appeal and parents may well decide that their potentially ivy-bound child will get more bang for the $$$$ at a state school.

For top academic schools that got rid of the requirement of standardized tests for admissions, requiring standardized tests scores again is more of a concern than politics at least some of the schools.

The amount and effect of politics at top and schools varies too. Dartmouth is not one of the bigger protest schools. Dartmouth’s new 46 year old female president shut down the 5-tent protest on the Green within hours, 90 people were arrested, and that was that. Some students and profs are now mad at her. Most alumni are supportive of her. Roger Federer is graduation speaker this weekend.

I couldn’t agree more. I know someone who is being recruited right now and he and his family are not looking at California schools because of the political climate.
why? are they afraid of temporarily living under the laws of a 'liberal' state government? can't handle being in the minority? just curious.

If you have an offer from one of the major Ivies; Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Penn, Cornell, or Brown, maybe it affects you. ;)

But they’re in California.

Back