• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Playoff question.....

From what i understand it is possible for Bozeman to host a second round playoff game if Delaware wins. Can anyone confirm this. Wouldn't it be great if both Bozeman and Missoula hosted a game the same weekend.

If Delaware loses you could host since South Ill. does not draw and would not want to spend the 50K to host a game. If Delaware wins, they draw in the top 5 for attendance for 1-AA and there is no way you would be getting out of making that trip.

You Bobcats just don't know much about the playoffs, huh. Well, your asking the right people.

No way they are going to have a playoff game in Bozeman with an 11,000 average attendence and a 7-5 team. Fuggetaboutit. Ya know how they say ther are no such things as stupid questions. I guess they didn't hear that one.

But feel free to bring more playoff questions...there is a wealth of playoff experience on this board.

Hey sportin, f-off. I was actually asking a serious question, not talking smack. This is why you guys get everthing you deserve after losing to the cats again. Not only that, your info is wrong, Bozeman could host if s illinois wins. If that is the case, sportin, maybe you could make the trip to Bozeman in a couple weeks cause you probably won't have any football to watch.

Sportin' Life said:
No way they are going to have a playoff game in Bozeman with an 11,000 average attendence and a 7-5 team. Fuggetaboutit. Ya know how they say ther are no such things as stupid questions. I guess they didn't hear that one.

I don't know about that. The way attendance is looked at If S. Ill beats Delaware and the cats win, there is a very good chance that the cats could host a second round game. S. Ill does not draw well...

Of course this is all ifs and thens. Too many people are being concerned about the second round when both the cats and the Griz have very tough first round games. We can talked about the second round next week....

Go GRIZ........................ and cats

Your very monicker is smack.

You dish it out and you take it. I did not know the S Illinois would want to forfeit the opportunity for a second round home playoff game. They are a respectable 1AA team, and that is a pretty rare move for a respectable 1AA team.

Yea, if the Cats win and the Griz lose and they let the Cats have a second home game, I might buy a five dollar ticket and root for the Cats. Thats a lot of stars to be aligned.

Anyways, lighten up. After some of the vitriol you've been posting, I had no idea you would be so sensitive. Like saying we now own this board after you didn't have the cajones to be on this board talking your team up before the game.

Okay, maybe i am being too sensative. I am going to seriously try not to talk smack on the normal board, if i have to say some sort of smack i will use the smack board. Unless, i have to reply to something on this board that is already smack. I just heard about this site on Saturday, it is pretty cool. I am coming down from my high of beating the griz again and am starting to get into this whole playoff thing. I figured you guys might know a thing or two about the playoffs. I like both the Cats and the Griz chances in the first round. Should be interesting.

also, i am a big fan of five dollar tickets.

I don't know if many of you caught it, but there was an article a couple of weeks ago (can't remember where) that was written when S. Illinois was unbeaten and ranked #2. It stated that if they won out, they would ask the selection committee to NOT seed them because they couldn't afford to host a playoff game, much less two or three. That had a lot to do with why they are getting sent to Delaware. That leads me to believe that if both the Bobcats and S. Illinois win, Montana State will host the second round game. Gotta root for them Salukis!

Mauntoya-

I like the Griz at home vs. anyone.....even LSU. :lol:

But I have no idea how you would think you have a chance this week. And I do not intend that as smack.

Your team is really not that good. Your D is good....but after watching the Griz pound it down your throats, I would take N.Iowa. They will be physical...and will want to run right at you. And they might even be better at running the ball down your throats. Plus it is at their house....which is known as a hostile place to play.

Your only hope is if you get a Defensive TD and a kick return TD or two....and a few of their drives stall in the red zone with no points, either due to a turn over or missed FG.

If you could get up on them by two scores in the 4th...and force them to throw....I would really like your chances then. You have about the best D against the Pass I have ever seen at this level. The problem will be gettin a lead.

I hope you do well...and I will be rootin for you......but in my heart I don't see it happenin. Course the better team don't always win....so you do have a chance. But how many lucky breaks can one team get in a year before it comes crashin down on them?

Good luck.

M.O.O.

Yea...and I'm sorry for calling your very legitimate question stoopid. Anyways these boards are strictly for fun, so using any chance to needle your rival has got to be acceptable. With my posts I try to have humor in most of 'em, but often the humor is imperceptable to anyone but myself.

Damn, so I guess if the stars really align themselves our state could be hosting two second round playoff games. That would be cool.

If the stars aligned just right, it could be Griz vs Bobcats in the championship game.

But as far as Bobcats hosting, as long as the bobcats can pay the bid, the facilities and attendance is better than the opponent, and the opponent is not seeded or not able to make the bid, bobcats can host. So, if S. Illinois attendance and facilities are worse, look for Bobcats to host. After all, it is all about money.

If S Illinois beats Delaware it would be a big upset. I have heard that Delaware may be the best team in the whole 1-AA. But if it does happen and we beat N Iowa I would think we would naturally be the one to host.

Wouldn't that be logical if Delaware is seeded 2 and N Iowa is seeded 4...it makes S Illinois 15 and the Cats 12....or is seeding only legitimate in the first 4 places and the rest is a regional or handpicked draw?

I think it would come down to the bids, and attendance numbers. True is right. It is all about the Benji's after the first 4 seeds.

Helcat72 said:
If S Illinois beats Delaware it would be a big upset. I have heard that Delaware may be the best team in the whole 1-AA. But if it does happen and we beat N Iowa I would think we would naturally be the one to host.

Wouldn't that be logical if Delaware is seeded 2 and N Iowa is seeded 4...it makes S Illinois 15 and the Cats 12....or is seeding only legitimate in the first 4 places and the rest is a regional or handpicked draw?

S.Illinios draws poorly....If the above scenario took place...The cats would host.

But I have no idea how you will beat NIU. OH wait...yes I do, you will need a defensive TD, a kick return TD (or two)....and a few other drive killing turnovers from NIU, while not having one yourself. :wink:

Good Luck........your going to need it.

GeauxGriz said:
But I have no idea how you will beat NIU. OH wait...yes I do, you will need a defensive TD, a kick return TD (or two)....and a few other drive killing turnovers from NIU, while not having one yourself. :wink:

Good Luck........your going to need it.

Geaux I wouldn't be totally suprised if MSU beat N Iowa. I am not here to defend the Cats, but ...
1) They do seem to have played better in bigger games (NAU, UM), and this is obviously big
2) I don't know that MSU will just be happy to be in the playoff's like they were last year - I think the seniors on that team will be motivated to win and could pull it off.
3) From the I-AA board everyone in the Gateway thinks the BSC is a joke - based on our past experience with N Iowa I'm sure their coaching staff feels the same way. Were the Cat's able to arrange a film exchange? Pretty sure bet that N Iowa looks right past the Cats, and get caught doing it.

Why would the Gateway think the Big Sky was a joke "based on UM experience with No. Iowa"? We've played them twice, and beaten them twice. Perhaps I misunderstand what you are saying....

If you have some time visit this bb http://www.anygivensaturday.org/cgi-bin/board/cutecast.pl?session=gjnekNZmq6YE4VEAnWq1DKB3u1&forum=1

Generally the attitude you will see is that besides the Griz there is no respect for the BSC by posters from the Gateway and A-10. In general McNeese and Ga Southern posters do have respect.

A lot of these discussions revolve around the GPI numbers, and the fact that the BSC was rated toughest in the country, and Gateway and A-10 fans feel that is crap. Posters from that conference seem to think Montana would finish no better than 4th in their conferences on a regualr basis, and the only reason we do well is because we play in a weak conference.

BTW, Tony Moss picked the Cats over N Iowa, which shoudl really get them going over there about bias and such. :roll:

Back