• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Playoff Brackets

1peatfor7

Just for fun and I'm no expert by any means. This is based on McNeese losing this weekend.
1. Montana
2. GSU
3. Western Ill.
4. Northeastern
5. McNeese St
6. Villanova
7. Western Kentucky
8. Maine
9. Eastern Ill
10. William and Mary
11. Furman
12. Wofford
13. App State
14. Northwestern LA
15. Umass
16. Idaho St.

You have some interesting selections there. Too bad the selection committee isn't going to seed all 16 teams, I hate this regionalization crap. I also don't think the Big Sky will have two teams this year. There is no clear cut 2nd place team in the Big Sky and since they are beating the hell out of each other it might just eliminate the chances for two Big Sky teams getting in.

Well after the top 4 I believe the seedings may not gaurantee a home game. It will go to the team with the bigger fan base.

In this case #12 could host #5 team. Several years ago GSU was the #1 team in the country, #1 seed, yet had to travel up to the Ice Castle in YSU because they draw better.

The only reason I put GSU at #2 is so we can meet you guys in Nooga. I'd much rather do that than travel to Montana in December!!!

Your dreamin' if you think GSU gets a two seed ahead of a lot of one loss teams. Even McNeese should get the nod over GSU (if they lose to Northwestern St.) since their only other loss was to Nebraska. Plus ya gotta regionalize it, man. For example, ya gotta kick Wofford over to the eastern side (or what the seeding committee thinks is east). This of course doesn't hold for the first four selections. Also conference foes cannot meet in the first round. For example by your pairings Montana would meet Idaho St. in the first round.

Other than that, a good start...we should whittle it down, and use it as the start of a conversation piece over the next couple of weeks. Personally, I don't want to think too hard about it until after Saturday.

Just for fun and I'm no expert by any means. This is based on McNeese losing this weekend.
1. Montana
2. GSU
3. Western Ill.
4. Northeastern
5. McNeese St
6. Villanova
7. Western Kentucky
8. Maine
9. Eastern Ill
10. William and Mary
11. Furman
12. Wofford
13. App State
14. Northwestern LA
15. Umass
16. Idaho St.

Top 4 look pretty good. Other than I think McNeese would still be a top 4 rather than Northeastern.

Otherwise, I see a few problems with what you have here.
1. 5 teams from the A-10 (Northeastern, Villanova, Maine, William and Mary, UMass). Ain't gonna happen. 3 max. (Northeastern, William and Mary, UMass).
2. 4 teams from the Socon. A possibility, but I don't think so.
3. No team from the patriot. They get 1 auto bid. Will be Colgate or Fordham.

dont forget the MEAC, there is no team in that list from that conference.
This year it should be Beth-Cook, though there is a chance that FAMU will get in if they beat them in the final game of the regular season, however it would create a 3 way tie in the MEAC, and I'm not sure how they'd crown the winner. Odds are FAMU will lose though.

In the A-10 I think Maine would be more likely than W&M.
Maine beat them and is currently ranked higher.
in the a-10 im thinking Maine, NthEastern, and UMAss, and maybe W&M.
My off the top of my head guess is as follows.

1. Montana
2. MSU
3.GSU
4. Western Ill.
5. Eastern Ill
6-13, in no order yet.... ASU Wofford
Maine NthWestern Furman NthEastern
W Ken Umass
14. Beth-Cook
15. Idaho State
16. Fordham

If those top 4 win out you can flip-flop W. Illinois and GSU. Western Illinois has only 1 loss and beat a tough *Div. 1A Northern Illinois on the road. GSU has 2 losses. GSU needs some help.

1) Montana
2) McNeese
3) Western Illinois
4) GSU

*By the way if you don't know Nothern Illinois (7-3), they beat unbeaten Bowling Green last weekend and have a shot at the MAC Championship Game. One of their losses was to Big Ten Wisconsin by 3 points at Madison, Wis.

Bet you guys remember the Leathernecks from the playoffs a few years back. Dennehy, Ah Yat and team went there to Macomb, Ill. and got creamed forty something to seven. Can't remember the exact score. I think my brain has tried to block it out like a tramatic experience. Anyone remember the year and score? Anyone go? Oh that must have been a BUMMER!

I didn't go, thankfully, that would have been a horrible trip.

It was 1998 and the score was 52-9. :eek:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/2427/1998.html

ronbo said:
If those top 4 win out you can flip-flop W. Illinois and GSU. Western Illinois has only 1 loss and beat a tough *Div. 1A Northern Illinois on the road. GSU has 2 losses. GSU needs some help.

1) Montana
2) McNeese
3) Western Illinois
4) GSU

*By the way if you don't know Nothern Illinois (7-3), they beat unbeaten Bowling Green last weekend and have a shot at the MAC Championship Game. One of their losses was to Big Ten Wisconsin by 3 points at Madison, Wis.

Bet you guys remember the Leathernecks from the playoffs a few years back. Dennehy, Ah Yat and team went there to Macomb, Ill. and got creamed forty something to seven. Can't remember the exact score. I think my brain has tried to block it out like a tramatic experience. Anyone remember the year and score? Anyone go? Oh that must have been a BUMMER!

What a slap in the face Ronbo to put Western Illinois ahaid of GSU. I mean a slap in the face! I wonder if the rankings will really matter when its all over with?

They are only important for Home Field considerations for the playoffs. There is an importance to that and in Div. 1AA it seems to be more than 3 points. If someone would do a quick check, I'll bet you'll find all four teams above have losing road records in the playoffs and winning home records.

You guys get "Home" field for the NC. What is it a 4-5 hour drive? And you get 15,000+ to that game? So yes, to Montana the rankings are very important for Home Field because we always play NC games away. And it always seems to be like the other teams Home Game.

Back