• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

PlayerRep never actually played

PhxGriz

Well-known member
DONOR
Can't you guys see through his shit? The guy may know about football, but he never really saw action. Why else does he make excuses for everything...because he was in a support role. Why do you think he gets so defensive when anyone questions him? Obvious.

Guy is hilarious.

He is like Rudy, only without the drive.
 
stubbins said:
Oh f***....gonna sit this one out!


jgSbBS8.gif
 
A simple google search reveals he was 1st team all Ivy League in 1971 so.... yeah he did play.
 
BWahlberg said:
A simple google search reveals he was 1st team all Ivy League in 1971 so.... yeah he did play.

I could have played for IVY back in 71.

Let me put it this way. I played six man football, and a friend of mine from Moore played for Georgetown. How much better was the Ivy than the Patriot back in 86?

Recruiting six man...really?

How many National Championships did Player win?
 
PhxGriz said:
I could have played IVY back in 71, that is my point.

I don't think so. From what I can gather I'm not sure you could have been admitted to Eastern let alone "The Ivy Leauge"
 
tnt said:
PhxGriz said:
I could have played IVY back in 71, that is my point.

I don't think so. From what I can gather I'm not sure you could have been admitted to Eastern let alone "The Ivy Leauge"

Stay out of this thread child.
 
In 1971 they were Ivy League champs going 8-1 overall. I assume he was on the team a few years as well, they also won the Ivy in 69 going 8-1 and 70 going 9-0.
 
BWahlberg said:
In 1971 they were Ivy League champs going 8-1 overall. I assume he was on the team a few years as well, they also won the Ivy in 69 going 8-1 and 70 going 9-0.

Fair enough Brint, thank you for the information. He still acts like a child, and that tells me he wasn't that good. How many good players do you know who deride others and act all big, other than Michael Jordan? None that were actually any good.

By the way 71. Puuhleaze. He couldn't sniff Wieda's jock, and he was no MJ of the Ivy.
 
PhxGriz, how about we bet $1,000 as to whether or not I started for a top 15 team (which won the Lambert Trophy ahead of Penn St), played in front of multiple crowds of over 50,000, and was selected as one of the top 6 d-backs to play for my school in the first 50 years of the official Ivy League. Put up or shut up.

From a Sports Illustrated article:

"That year Dartmouth was undefeated and untied, producing such outstanding stats that it was ranked 14th in both the AP and UPI final polls, ahead of Oklahoma, Penn State and Southern Cal. Dartmouth's 9-0 record included six shutouts—four in a row to end the season. Among major colleges that year Dartmouth ranked second in total defense and sixth in total offense, and led the country in scoring defense.

Nevertheless, when Dartmouth was awarded the Lambert Trophy as the best team in the East, Penn State coach Joe Paterno felt obliged to register a tongue-in-cheek protest. Paterno suggested—through the press—that Dartmouth and Penn State play each other to determine which was really the top Eastern team. Responded Blackman, "Of course, Coach Paterno knows that under Ivy League rules we're not allowed to play in a postseason game, but if we were allowed to play a postseason contest, I would prefer to play a team that had a better record," a dig at the Nittany Lions' 7-3."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1066389/1/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From another Sports iIlustrated article:

Seldom in recent years had there been so much genuine cause for excitement about an Ivy League football game, ... "Two Ivy teams ranked in the top 20, what the hell is going on here, it must be the apocalypse...."

With both Dartmouth and Yale unbeaten and rated nationally not only in both of the wire-service polls but also in the NCAA statistics, the largest crowd to see a non-Harvard game at Yale Bowl since Army was there in 1954 assembled on one of those crackling red-and-gold New England afternoons that helped to make football popular in the first place. ...
So without question in the minds of the 60,820 people who had come to watch it, this Yale-Dartmouth match was going to settle at least the amateur college football championship of the season."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1084268/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz, how about we bet $1,000 as to whether or not I started for a top 15 team (which won the Lambert Trophy ahead of Penn St), played in front of multiple crowds of over 50,000, and was selected as one of the top 6 d-backs to play for my school in the first 50 years of the official Ivy League. Put up or shut up.

From a Sports Illustrated article:

"That year Dartmouth was undefeated and untied, producing such outstanding stats that it was ranked 14th in both the AP and UPI final polls, ahead of Oklahoma, Penn State and Southern Cal. Dartmouth's 9-0 record included six shutouts—four in a row to end the season. Among major colleges that year Dartmouth ranked second in total defense and sixth in total offense, and led the country in scoring defense.

Nevertheless, when Dartmouth was awarded the Lambert Trophy as the best team in the East, Penn State coach Joe Paterno felt obliged to register a tongue-in-cheek protest. Paterno suggested—through the press—that Dartmouth and Penn State play each other to determine which was really the top Eastern team. Responded Blackman, "Of course, Coach Paterno knows that under Ivy League rules we're not allowed to play in a postseason game, but if we were allowed to play a postseason contest, I would prefer to play a team that had a better record," a dig at the Nittany Lions' 7-3."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1066389/1/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From another Sports iIlustrated article:

Seldom in recent years had there been so much genuine cause for excitement about an Ivy League football game, ... "Two Ivy teams ranked in the top 20, what the hell is going on here, it must be the apocalypse...."

With both Dartmouth and Yale unbeaten and rated nationally not only in both of the wire-service polls but also in the NCAA statistics, the largest crowd to see a non-Harvard game at Yale Bowl since Army was there in 1954 assembled on one of those crackling red-and-gold New England afternoons that helped to make football popular in the first place. ...
So without question in the minds of the 60,820 people who had come to watch it, this Yale-Dartmouth match was going to settle at least the amateur college football championship of the season."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1084268/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many national championships did you win? I won two in cycling and was invited to the Olympic Training Center twice, so don't act all uppity on me.

I fully know what is like to suffer and prevail.

By the way, your accolades are impressive, just don't get all up in my face and stop acting like you are the only one on this board who knows what competition is about.
 
I have no idea why PhxGriz is so butt sore over PR knowing more about football then him, but at the same time who cares. Just ignore it. And what does cycling have to do with football?
 
Now you are on someone else. Amazing.maybe the team should start a thread to fire you as a fan. I sure wouldn't want you representing my fan base if I were them.

I really do not care if he played, won a championship, or even says things i do not believe. He has good insight and backs up his opinion with facts, stats...etc. I might not agree with him, and he has never attacked me for my opinion, and is like to play the devils advocate and am a realist. He is a good poster.

With that in mind, get off of him. You can continue to badger me. Hate me, not everyone. Like I said before come to Fargo I will buy you a beer. Even hit me if you want. I am 48 years old 6 foot and overweight at 215, slow, quickly out of breath. Did wrestle in a northwest regional championship in freestyle at 92.5 pounds. Lost just incase you ask if I won a championship, lost the state championship the same year. Yes sucks, only two loses that year.

Name is Robert Martin, walk into Fargo Billiards and ask for me, they will know where to find me order your drink and I will pay for it when I get there.

Hopefully you make it if the Griz end up in Fargo for the playoff this year, if not during the season next yeAr.

Sir, people who come on a teams forum and insults the forums friends and fans, just like you are doing, makes the whole team fan base look bad. Do you really want to be that guy? It is easy to be tough and a know it all behind a keyboard, in person people are different.

Start a thread, apologize to everyone, and re-read your posts before you hit send.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
NativeGriz said:
I have no idea why PhxGriz is so butt sore over PR knowing more about football then him, but at the same time who cares. Just ignore it. And what does cycling have to do with football?
+1
 
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz, how about we bet $1,000 as to whether or not I started for a top 15 team (which won the Lambert Trophy ahead of Penn St), played in front of multiple crowds of over 50,000, and was selected as one of the top 6 d-backs to play for my school in the first 50 years of the official Ivy League. Put up or shut up.

From a Sports Illustrated article:

"That year Dartmouth was undefeated and untied, producing such outstanding stats that it was ranked 14th in both the AP and UPI final polls, ahead of Oklahoma, Penn State and Southern Cal. Dartmouth's 9-0 record included six shutouts—four in a row to end the season. Among major colleges that year Dartmouth ranked second in total defense and sixth in total offense, and led the country in scoring defense.

Nevertheless, when Dartmouth was awarded the Lambert Trophy as the best team in the East, Penn State coach Joe Paterno felt obliged to register a tongue-in-cheek protest. Paterno suggested—through the press—that Dartmouth and Penn State play each other to determine which was really the top Eastern team. Responded Blackman, "Of course, Coach Paterno knows that under Ivy League rules we're not allowed to play in a postseason game, but if we were allowed to play a postseason contest, I would prefer to play a team that had a better record," a dig at the Nittany Lions' 7-3."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1066389/1/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From another Sports iIlustrated article:

Seldom in recent years had there been so much genuine cause for excitement about an Ivy League football game, ... "Two Ivy teams ranked in the top 20, what the hell is going on here, it must be the apocalypse...."

With both Dartmouth and Yale unbeaten and rated nationally not only in both of the wire-service polls but also in the NCAA statistics, the largest crowd to see a non-Harvard game at Yale Bowl since Army was there in 1954 assembled on one of those crackling red-and-gold New England afternoons that helped to make football popular in the first place. ...
So without question in the minds of the 60,820 people who had come to watch it, this Yale-Dartmouth match was going to settle at least the amateur college football championship of the season."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1084268/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many national championships did you win? I won two in cycling and was invited to the Olympic Training Center twice, so don't act all uppity on me.

I fully know what is like to suffer and prevail.

By the way, your accolades are impressive, just don't get all up in my face and stop acting like you are the only one on this board who knows what competition is about.

Like I said, you don't understand the game of football.
 
PhxGriz said:
How many national championships did you win? I won two in cycling and was invited to the Olympic Training Center twice, so don't act all uppity on me.

I fully know what is like to suffer and prevail.

By the way, your accolades are impressive, just don't get all up in my face and stop acting like you are the only one on this board who knows what competition is about.

Look out everyone, looks like we have a regular Lance Armstrong on our hands :roll:.

Don't try to act like peddling your little bike is an actual sport, in any sense of the word.
 
PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz, how about we bet $1,000 as to whether or not I started for a top 15 team (which won the Lambert Trophy ahead of Penn St), played in front of multiple crowds of over 50,000, and was selected as one of the top 6 d-backs to play for my school in the first 50 years of the official Ivy League. Put up or shut up.

From a Sports Illustrated article:

"That year Dartmouth was undefeated and untied, producing such outstanding stats that it was ranked 14th in both the AP and UPI final polls, ahead of Oklahoma, Penn State and Southern Cal. Dartmouth's 9-0 record included six shutouts—four in a row to end the season. Among major colleges that year Dartmouth ranked second in total defense and sixth in total offense, and led the country in scoring defense.

Nevertheless, when Dartmouth was awarded the Lambert Trophy as the best team in the East, Penn State coach Joe Paterno felt obliged to register a tongue-in-cheek protest. Paterno suggested—through the press—that Dartmouth and Penn State play each other to determine which was really the top Eastern team. Responded Blackman, "Of course, Coach Paterno knows that under Ivy League rules we're not allowed to play in a postseason game, but if we were allowed to play a postseason contest, I would prefer to play a team that had a better record," a dig at the Nittany Lions' 7-3."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1066389/1/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From another Sports iIlustrated article:

Seldom in recent years had there been so much genuine cause for excitement about an Ivy League football game, ... "Two Ivy teams ranked in the top 20, what the hell is going on here, it must be the apocalypse...."

With both Dartmouth and Yale unbeaten and rated nationally not only in both of the wire-service polls but also in the NCAA statistics, the largest crowd to see a non-Harvard game at Yale Bowl since Army was there in 1954 assembled on one of those crackling red-and-gold New England afternoons that helped to make football popular in the first place. ...
So without question in the minds of the 60,820 people who had come to watch it, this Yale-Dartmouth match was going to settle at least the amateur college football championship of the season."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1084268/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many national championships did you win? I won two in cycling and was invited to the Olympic Training Center twice, so don't act all uppity on me.

I fully know what is like to suffer and prevail.

By the way, your accolades are impressive, just don't get all up in my face and stop acting like you are the only one on this board who knows what competition is about.

Like I said, you don't understand the game of football.

:lol: Why do you think I asked for your opinion as to what the Griz issue is?
 
Wolfman_Jack said:
PhxGriz said:
How many national championships did you win? I won two in cycling and was invited to the Olympic Training Center twice, so don't act all uppity on me.

I fully know what is like to suffer and prevail.

By the way, your accolades are impressive, just don't get all up in my face and stop acting like you are the only one on this board who knows what competition is about.

Look out everyone, looks like we have a regular Lance Armstrong on our hands :roll:.

Don't try to act like peddling your little bike is an actual sport, in any sense of the word.

:lol: You are funny.
 
Back
Top