• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Play for the Brand

chris

Administrator
Staff member
eGriz Club
http://www.egriz.com/2013/09/play-brand/

griz-vs-oklahoma-panhandle-state-9-22-2013-083.jpg
 
Sweet. But someone please tell him it is a "Branding Iron" rather than a "Brander".
 
The Center for Cowboy Ethics and Leadership promotes the following ten principles to live by.

1. Live each day with courage

2. Take pride in your work

3. Always finish what you start

4. Do what has to be done

5. Be tough, but fair

6. When you make a promise, keep it

7. Ride for the brand :thumb:

8. Talk less and say more

9. Remember that some things aren’t for sale

10. Know where to draw the line.
 
If it works it isn't weird! :cool:

Actually, I like it a lot. At the Ap. State game I thought it was meant to be a sword, but they didn't want to ruin the turf; so they put a little base on it so it would stand up. Now it makes perfect sense. GO GRIZ - Play for the BRAND! :clap:
 
grizfan95 said:
The Center for Cowboy Ethics and Leadership promotes the following ten principles to live by.

1. Live each day with courage

2. Take pride in your work

3. Always finish what you start

4. Do what has to be done

5. Be tough, but fair

6. When you make a promise, keep it

7. Ride for the brand :thumb:

8. Talk less and say more

9. Remember that some things aren’t for sale

10. Know where to draw the line.


We regulate any stealing of his property and we damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street, gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep!
 
grizcountry420 said:
grizfan95 said:
The Center for Cowboy Ethics and Leadership promotes the following ten principles to live by.

1. Live each day with courage

2. Take pride in your work

3. Always finish what you start

4. Do what has to be done

5. Be tough, but fair

6. When you make a promise, keep it

7. Ride for the brand :thumb:

8. Talk less and say more

9. Remember that some things aren’t for sale

10. Know where to draw the line.


We regulate any stealing of his property and we damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street, gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep!

Nate-dogg_Warren-g_1272983a.jpg
 
CDAGRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
grizfan95 said:
The Center for Cowboy Ethics and Leadership promotes the following ten principles to live by.

1. Live each day with courage

2. Take pride in your work

3. Always finish what you start

4. Do what has to be done

5. Be tough, but fair

6. When you make a promise, keep it

7. Ride for the brand :thumb:

8. Talk less and say more

9. Remember that some things aren’t for sale

10. Know where to draw the line.


We regulate any stealing of his property and we damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street, gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep!

YG1_Regulators2.JPG

FIFY
 
grizcountry420 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
grizfan95 said:
The Center for Cowboy Ethics and Leadership promotes the following ten principles to live by.

1. Live each day with courage

2. Take pride in your work

3. Always finish what you start

4. Do what has to be done

5. Be tough, but fair

6. When you make a promise, keep it

7. Ride for the brand :thumb:

8. Talk less and say more

9. Remember that some things aren’t for sale

10. Know where to draw the line.


We regulate any stealing of his property and we damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street, gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep!

YG1_Regulators2.JPG

FIFY

Yeah, I know. It's crazy how Estevez and the gang copied WG's idea. In the end, however, the Young Guns couldn't handle the G-funk era.
 
CDAGRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
We regulate any stealing of his property and we damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street, gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep!

YG1_Regulators2.JPG

FIFY

Yeah, I know. It's crazy how Estevez and the gang copied WG's idea. In the end, however, the Young Guns couldn't handle the G-funk era.

Young Guns came out in 88, Warren G didnt release that album until 94
 
Neat idea! It's awesome to watch these kind of traditions begin. I would however like to see the black flag dropped. I'm not sure pirate ethics are in line with the cowboy's code and it's a little embarrassing for most of the fans.
 
Pastor Ron said:
Neat idea! It's awesome to watch these kind of traditions begin. I would however like to see the black flag dropped. I'm not sure pirate ethics are in line with the cowboy's code and it's a little embarrassing for most of the fans.

I believe the black flag started in the Hauck era. I remember the night before the national championship game in '08 Hauck spoke to the crowd in Chattanooga and brought up how the team would mark games as 'Black Flag' games, or essentially must win games. I love the flag and have never heard a single person ever complain about it. Not sure how its embarrassing to most fans.....

BTW, love the new brand tradition!
 
Back
Top