• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Peter Nguyen

Seahawks Rookie Mini-Camp tryouts

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/photo-gallery/Photo-Gallery---Rookie-Minicamp/6b3787ce-343f-485d-85d7-cba2cfb97d1a#6da04132-cc98-469e-8954-c7b1a66a4319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
Blog about Peter practicing at Seahawks rookie minicamp this weekend (scroll halfway down).

http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/05/11/saturday-in-hawkville-chris-harper-catching-the-ball-beautifully/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
Good for Peter! His quick bursts will open a few eyes but lack of size and top end speed probably a problem?
Go for it!!!!!!!
 
Dave Kraig would be happy to see pete nguyen break at least one seahawks record.
 
Peter played his heart out for the Griz. Lots of excitement whenever he got the ball. Be a ton of fun if he had a chance at the next level.
 
THE BETCH said:
Peter played his heart out for the Griz. Lots of excitement whenever he got the ball. Be a ton of fun if he had a chance at the next level.
Not so sure it would be good for his health.
 
kemajic said:
THE BETCH said:
Peter played his heart out for the Griz. Lots of excitement whenever he got the ball. Be a ton of fun if he had a chance at the next level.
Not so sure it would be good for his health.

Yeah....I would have to agree with that.
 
There have been quite a few successful backs in the NFL that weren't very big. Take Sproles for example... still pissed the Broncos didn't draft him when they had the chance, and instead took Maurice Clarrette.... that worked out well :roll:

Hope Nguyen gets a chance and we get to see him at least in some preseason games!
 
I Peter the best. Honestly, don't see him getting too far in the NFL. I think his future football is in the Arena League, or CFL. I would be shocked if he gets to any preseason games.
 
Potomac Griz said:
There have been quite a few successful backs in the NFL that weren't very big. Take Sproles for example... still pissed the Broncos didn't draft him when they had the chance, and instead took Maurice Clarrette.... that worked out well :roll:

Hope Nguyen gets a chance and we get to see him at least in some preseason games!

Danny Woodhead seems to do just fine.
 
The rookie mini-camp concluded Sunday.

As it did, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll walked off with one of the 38 players here getting a tryout — running back Peter Nguyen of Bellevue High and Montana.

Only a few — if any — of the players who got tryouts this weekend will be signed, and Carroll understood that for many of the players here, this minicamp could serve as both a highlight of their careers, as well as an ending.

Some of these guys won’t play football again, this might have been their last day on the football field,” Carroll said. “So we tried to show them that we really did appreciate and respect the heck out of what they did for us. Peter Nguyen was one of those guys. Walked off the field with him here and he had a good time out here, he did fine, so it’s a fun part of the game.

Doesn't sound like he'll get much of a look...just a local guy that got called up to fill in because of an injury.
 
mikegriz said:
Potomac Griz said:
There have been quite a few successful backs in the NFL that weren't very big. Take Sproles for example... still pissed the Broncos didn't draft him when they had the chance, and instead took Maurice Clarrette.... that worked out well :roll:

Hope Nguyen gets a chance and we get to see him at least in some preseason games!

Danny Woodhead seems to do just fine.
Danny Woodhead was a warrior that rushed for just under 8000 yards at Chadron. He laid a 200 bomb against the scats in 2006 to beat them at reno h sales...I prefer that name. :lol: I just hope Peter doesn't get hurt. :roll:
 
mikegriz said:
Potomac Griz said:
There have been quite a few successful backs in the NFL that weren't very big. Take Sproles for example... still pissed the Broncos didn't draft him when they had the chance, and instead took Maurice Clarrette.... that worked out well :roll:

Hope Nguyen gets a chance and we get to see him at least in some preseason games!

Danny Woodhead seems to do just fine.

Danny Woodhead is 5'8", 200 lbs. He runs a 4.33 40. From Wikipedia,
According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in times of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds). He also bench pressed 225 pounds 20 times

That's not Peter Nguyen....no offense to Peter. :?
 
AZGrizFan said:
mikegriz said:
Potomac Griz said:
There have been quite a few successful backs in the NFL that weren't very big. Take Sproles for example... still pissed the Broncos didn't draft him when they had the chance, and instead took Maurice Clarrette.... that worked out well :roll:

Hope Nguyen gets a chance and we get to see him at least in some preseason games!

Danny Woodhead seems to do just fine.

Danny Woodhead is 5'8", 200 lbs. He runs a 4.33 40. From Wikipedia,
According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in times of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds). He also bench pressed 225 pounds 20 times

That's not Peter Nguyen....no offense to Peter. :?

So... interesting to discuss that. No Pete isn't Woodhead, that's for sure, but in some cases he came darn close, and in others he did better than Woodhead.

Bench press: 16 reps (20 for Woodhead)
40 yard: 4.5 (4.33 for Woodhead)
Vertical: 36 (38 for Woodhead)
20-yd Shuttle: 4.06 (4.2 for Woodhead)
3 cone drill: 6.85 (7.03 for Woodhead)

So, kind of interesting when you look at some numbers... Peter is quicker/more agile than Woodhead, not as strong, but fairly close, and slower in the 40 yard dash. No big shock there. If you look at Pete's 10 yard and 20 yard times they're awfully similar to Woodhead's. So Pete's big issue physically compared to Woodhead... he can't hold that top speed - something we've known since he suited up for the Griz.
 
BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
mikegriz said:
Potomac Griz said:
There have been quite a few successful backs in the NFL that weren't very big. Take Sproles for example... still pissed the Broncos didn't draft him when they had the chance, and instead took Maurice Clarrette.... that worked out well :roll:

Hope Nguyen gets a chance and we get to see him at least in some preseason games!

Danny Woodhead seems to do just fine.

Danny Woodhead is 5'8", 200 lbs. He runs a 4.33 40. From Wikipedia,
According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in times of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds). He also bench pressed 225 pounds 20 times

That's not Peter Nguyen....no offense to Peter. :?

So... interesting to discuss that. No Pete isn't Woodhead, that's for sure, but in some cases he came darn close, and in others he did better than Woodhead.

Bench press: 16 reps (20 for Woodhead)
40 yard: 4.5 (4.33 for Woodhead)
Vertical: 36 (38 for Woodhead)
20-yd Shuttle: 4.06 (4.2 for Woodhead)
3 cone drill: 6.85 (7.03 for Woodhead)

So, kind of interesting when you look at some numbers... Peter is quicker/more agile than Woodhead, not as strong, but fairly close, and slower in the 40 yard dash. No big shock there. If you look at Pete's 10 yard and 20 yard times they're awfully similar to Woodhead's. So Pete's big issue physically compared to Woodhead... he can't hold that top speed - something we've known since he suited up for the Griz.

Yeah. My point was not that Peter is Danny Woodhead. My point was Danny Woodhead is a small guy in a game full of big people and has held up physically. Can be done. That was all. Thanks for the comparison stats, I'm actually surprised Peter compared as favorably as he did. Doesn't sound like he has much of a chance, but I'm glad he got a shot - deserved it.
 
I was mostly replying to AZGrizFan. Pete must be doing something good for Pete Carroll to give him a mention. Could be another Donny Lisowski-esque type shot to make the team.
 
He held up much better physically than Dan Moore, which many of you have such a hardon for. PN was a durable back for us. DM has a much better chance making a roster than PN, but saying PN's durability is a concern is a near to empty argument to me...
 
Back
Top