• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pass Defense?

uofmman1122

DONOR
What pass defense problems?

Exactly as I said, give us a QB who can make plays, an offense that can move and score, and not stall, and good playcalling, and our D looks like world beaters.

We fixed our biggest problem from last year. It wasn't pass defense, or special teams, or anything like that. We now have a consistent offense that can attack and move the ball without dying for 1-2 quarters with a QB that doesn't give away our chances.

We held ASU's much hyped passing attack to 205 yards!!!!

That is unbelievable!

It's still early, but this D looks like it could be great.

uofmman1122 said:

Exactly as I said, give us a QB who can make plays, an offense that can move and score, and not stall, and good playcalling, and our D looks like world beaters.

We fixed our biggest problem from last year. It wasn't pass defense, or special teams, or anything like that. We now have a consistent offense that can attack and move the ball without dying for 1-2 quarters with a QB that doesn't give away our chances.

That is unbelievable!

I agree, but it does help when your DC is not playing a soft shell pass defense. The defensive strategy was much more aggressive against App State. That helped a lot too. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
uofmman1122 said:

That is unbelievable!

I agree, but it does help when your DC is not playing a soft shell pass defense. The defensive strategy was much more aggressive against App State. That helped a lot too. :thumb:

I think slowing down your offense helped the D tremendously. I also saw a lot of discipline that has helped NDSU so much. Guys stayed home and they converged on the ball carrier immediately so there was no chance of big plays. IMO Eastern Washington is going to have to bring their A game to Wa Griz. Adams is a serious threat but I wonder what kind of threat he is when he plays against a defense that is disciplined and in his back field. OSU was a good win but I would be way more impressed if they didn't have to turn everything into a shoot out because its obvious their D can be lit up.

Back