• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pabst Blog: A Must Read

PlayerRep

The current Pabst blog is quite good and a must read. See link below. The quotes below are from the blog.

"... after defending a young man whom I believe to have been falsely accused ...."

"The case against Jordan should never have been filed. All of the embarrassing information about the accuser’s contradictory statements, exaggerations and fabrications that came out during the overly-publicized trial, was known to the prosecution from the beginning."

" Future victims may be reluctant to report—not because Jordan exercised his right to trial—but because of the State’s failure to acknowledge the weaknesses of its own case and its insistence on filing the charge before reviewing all of the evidence."

"For defending my client against a charge with a potential sentence of life imprisonment, I have been demonized by former colleagues, ostracized by the women’s rights groups I joined decades ago, expelled from collaborative teams designed to make the process more responsive and efficient, and unfriended by those who claim to care about justice."

"All of this rejection is the consequence of suggesting the unthinkable---gasp---that some people lie about sexual abuse."

"...if you believe that women and children never lie about abuse, you are living in a world very far, and very different, from mine. Saying that women do not make false reports and every acquittal is “horrible” is a simplistic notion that ignores the statistics, research and the complexities of human beings."

"Despite being publicly demonized, ostracized, expelled and unfriended, I have never been more proud of my work as an attorney."

"The Missoula County Attorney may say that Jordan is not innocent. Based on the county attorney's statements after the trial, it is obvious that he and his prosecutors are bitter and have no respect for the jury’s verdict. They will probably never admit that Jordan is innocent, that their decision to charge the case was premature and wrong, or that the Constitution, in this instance, did exactly what the framers intended."

http://www.pabstlaw.net/Blog.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone in the Trumaine Johnson thread said that our legal system is shit. They should read this blog and maybe it would help them understand why, though far from perfect (what isn't?), it is still one of, if not the best, legal systems in the world.

Thanks PlayerRep for bringing something to my attention that I would probably never have read otherwise.

Kirsten may have lost many "friends" by defending Jordan, but I guarantee that she gained many more by doing what she thought was right. I applaud her & her efforts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am really not a fan of Pabst. Now if they had a nice IPA blog I would be all in. :thumb:

I guess the people she lost in this were not really friends after all. Tough times are when you find out who your friends are. Sounds like a few of her legal friends are worse than children.

behappp said:
Someone in the Trumaine Johnson thread said that our legal system is shit. They should read this blog and maybe it would help them understand why, though far from perfect (what isn't?), it is still one of, if not the best, legal systems in the world.

Thanks PlayerRep for bringing something to my attention that I would probably never have read otherwise.

It can be one of the best legal systems in the world and still be shit.

Nice blog though.

That's a pretty good post. If I had Terry Trieweiler's, email, I send it too him. He's forgotten more about civil rights than Mrs. Pabst fit into one blog.

GrizMusician said:
Kirsten may have lost many "friends" by defending Jordan, but I guarantee that she gained many more by doing what she thought was right. I applaud her & her efforts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I'm with you GrizMusician :clap: :clap: :clap:

No, Alpha, not a smear. But in fact a top-notch rendition of how civil liberties and constitutional protections need to be provided to any accused person, regardless of gender or the crime charged.

I guess I would call this a blue-ribbon defense: a Pabst Blue Ribbon.

grizfromhel said:
No, Alpha, not a smear. But in fact a top-notch rendition of how civil liberties and constitutional protections need to be provided to any accused person, regardless of gender or the crime charged.

I guess I would call this a blue-ribbon defense: a Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Good post. I also liked the PBR, as well as Alpha's PS.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
If anyone says anything bad about Pabst....................would it be considered a Pabst smear?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2MAKaadA9c[/youtube]

That was an interesting read.

A modern version, in a close way, of Harper Lee's epic novel about a lawyer taking on the defense of an innocent accused, in a charged atmosphere of prejudice and political opportunism.

All of the stage players are right here, in Missoula, Montana: the slippery has-been politician seeking personal publicity from the tragedy, a thoroughly ambiguous prosecutor egged on by furious and self-righteous "folks," the hate groups calling for a good old fashioned lynching, the hanging judge who made it obvious she couldn't wait to pass sentence, the local newspaper pandering to the local prejudice and fanning the flames of injustice to sell newspapers, the local YWCA director taking on the role of the preacher condemning the heathen accused and all the sinners he represents, the cowardly University president caving to pressure and firing anyone who dared stand up for the accused, the willingness to suspend all measures of honest fairness in favor of a predetermined outcome, and the despicable bitterness afterward of a community of closed minds refusing to acknowledge it's own guilt in its rush to judgment.

Good for Kirsten.

Pabst identifies but does not discuss one of the most significant factors leading to the charges being pursued, the entire prosecution effort and her post trial banishment from activist groups---the JJ prosecution became a cause to the exclusion of the real facts--just like Duke Lacrosse.

The ironic and rather tragic thing is that if JJ had been convicted on the strength of the evidence with just a 3 hour deliberation, most people would be thanking the prosecution for putting a rapist behind bars -- and yet the reverse is not true. Countless people have died protecting the rights afforded by our Constitution and Bill of Rights. When I travel to a foreign country I know I am no longer protected by those rights. It is a sobering prospect (sometimes literally). I think that some people really just need to get out of the state of Montana more often to gain some perspective.

Good for Kirsten. I don't know her but I like what she has to say. Good for her and I like the hell out of her for her remarks about friends............and in fact all of her comments.

In the end the prosecution did not have enough evidence to take this to trial. They wanted to "win" based on their political beliefs rather than on the evidence at hand.

We always can use more Kirstens in this world. She can drink any kind of beer she wants and I will be glad to have one with her.

Back