• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

overall health of team and injuries ?

Haynes had ice on his shoulder after the game. Tonga could have returned, I bet we see him on Saturday. Walcotts didn't look good.
 
BWahlberg said:
Haynes had ice on his shoulder after the game. Tonga could have returned, I bet we see him on Saturday. Walcotts didn't look good.
If you had to speculate what would you guess the injury to Walcott be?
 
Darksim said:
BWahlberg said:
Haynes had ice on his shoulder after the game. Tonga could have returned, I bet we see him on Saturday. Walcotts didn't look good.
If you had to speculate what would you guess the injury to Walcott be?

I am guessing Walcott fractured something in his foot/ankle. I'll be relieved if he is out less than 4 weeks.
 
Looked like he tweaked his ankle again. Saw something that said he had a high ankle sprain before.
 
Walcott indeed had a bad ankle sprain and appeared to have retweaked it. I'd guess he's out two weeks and severely doubt anything is fractured.
 
grizfan95 said:
Walcott indeed had a bad ankle sprain and appeared to have retweaked it. I'd guess he's out two weeks and severely doubt anything is fractured.

I hope you are right. Something just did not look right to me when he fell. I think they only showed on replay of it, and it was not a very good view of what happened.
 
Does Walcott do anything except get hurt and drop balls?

Oh wait I was thinking of someone else.
 
Yeah he was in a lot of pain when they showed him on the ground, I actually thought maybe a broken ankle or something. Glad to hear its only a sprain but that could really slow him down the rest of the season... Darn
 
BWahlberg said:
Yeah he was in a lot of pain when they showed him on the ground, I actually thought maybe a broken ankle or something. Glad to hear its only a sprain but that could really slow him down the rest of the season... Darn

An ankle sprain, especially if it is 3rd degree, is often way worse than a fractured ankle. I've never had a high ankle sprain, but I've had two 3rd degree sprained ankles...and I've broken that ankle 4 times too. All this back when I was young and a little chubby (as compared to old and fat now) and from my personal experience (and my ortho doc's advice) I'd way rather have a broken ankle than a severe sprain.
 
Thanks for the input guys, and a speedy recovery to Mr. Walcott.

p.s. TiredGRiz, Hunter S. Thompson is a freaking role model to me. I love everything that guy put on paper. That should tell you a lot about who i am in RL haha
 
OldtiredGRiz said:
BWahlberg said:
Yeah he was in a lot of pain when they showed him on the ground, I actually thought maybe a broken ankle or something. Glad to hear its only a sprain but that could really slow him down the rest of the season... Darn

An ankle sprain, especially if it is 3rd degree, is often way worse than a fractured ankle. I've never had a high ankle sprain, but I've had two 3rd degree sprained ankles...and I've broken that ankle 4 times too. All this back when I was young and a little chubby (as compared to old and fat now) and from my personal experience (and my ortho doc's advice) I'd way rather have a broken ankle than a severe sprain.

True, if it is a 3rd degree he won't be 100% the rest of the season and won't see the field til November at the earliest. If it is a 2nd degree that's probably three weeks.
 
grizfan95 said:
OldtiredGRiz said:
BWahlberg said:
Yeah he was in a lot of pain when they showed him on the ground, I actually thought maybe a broken ankle or something. Glad to hear its only a sprain but that could really slow him down the rest of the season... Darn

An ankle sprain, especially if it is 3rd degree, is often way worse than a fractured ankle. I've never had a high ankle sprain, but I've had two 3rd degree sprained ankles...and I've broken that ankle 4 times too. All this back when I was young and a little chubby (as compared to old and fat now) and from my personal experience (and my ortho doc's advice) I'd way rather have a broken ankle than a severe sprain.

True, if it is a 3rd degree he won't be 100% the rest of the season and won't see the field til November at the earliest. If it is a 2nd degree that's probably three weeks.
Yes, a fracture typically is a much easier injury to recover from than a bad sprain - high or otherwise. My wife has gone through multiple ankle problems and has been told by more than one doctor that breaking it would have been much preferred over destroying those ligaments.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for the kid...
 
I had several ankle sprains during high school basketball, two of them severe. Had a few in y twenties as well. Now in my early 40s I'll sometimes be walking along and my ankle we randomly turn. They really suck to have and to try and recover from. I hope Walcott is a faster healer than I was.
 
Back
Top