• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Our Stadium

bigskylaw

Well-known member
I was fortunate to attend 'Bama/LSU at Bryant Denny stadium this weekend. Until the middle of the 4th quarter, that place was not as loud as Washington Grizzly Stadium. There were a couple points in the fourth quarter where it was a tie, and my sentiments were confirmed by my friend and his son, both of whom have seats by me in the North Endzone.

Not to start the whole venue discussion or debate all over again, but I just wanted to say that our stadium is pretty darn loud, even compared with the big boys.

Oh, and GO GRIZ!
 
I'd posted this elsewhere but I was at the Oregon vs Stanford game, Stanford Stadium never got as loud or rowdy as Wa Griz can get. Not even close.
 
People hyped up how loud it gets at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium in Denver and when the Broncos were on defense during 3rd downs, we could have a conversation without having to raise our voices and we were only 5 rows from the field. It didn't seem anywhere close to as loud as Washington-Grizzly Stadium either.
 
BWahlberg said:
I'd posted this elsewhere but I was at the Oregon vs Stanford game, Stanford Stadium never got as loud or rowdy as Wa Griz can get. Not even close.
Stanford Stadium has never been loud and probably never will be. some of the students get a bit raucous but generally, it is an older, well heeled crowd that supports the U in far more effective way$.
 
I have coached in stadiums all over the country in my career. Penn State, Ohio State, Tennessee, and Nebraska to name a few. All of these facilities held 80,000 to 100,000 people. None of these stadiums were as loud as the only FCS school in the country to sell more season tickets then Old Dominion, the University of Montana.

Quote from Old Dominion's coach a few years ago.
 
Grizzaholic said:
People hyped up how loud it gets at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium in Denver and when the Broncos were on defense during 3rd downs, we could have a conversation without having to raise our voices and we were only 5 rows from the field. It didn't seem anywhere close to as loud as Washington-Grizzly Stadium either.

My son went to the Broncos Bucs game in Denver last year and said it didn't compare to WaGriz in noise. I would like to see a game in Arrowhead sometime to experience 137 decibels.
 
Hammer said:
Grizzaholic said:
People hyped up how loud it gets at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium in Denver and when the Broncos were on defense during 3rd downs, we could have a conversation without having to raise our voices and we were only 5 rows from the field. It didn't seem anywhere close to as loud as Washington-Grizzly Stadium either.

My son went to the Broncos Bucs game in Denver last year and said it didn't compare to WaGriz in noise. I would like to see a game in Arrowhead sometime to experience 137 decibels.

A relative of mine coached in KC last year and, despite a crappy year, he said there were times when it was ver, very loud.
 
Loudness, coldness, attendance, whatever you consider, Wa-Griz is a very special and unique place and I know how fortunate we are to have it.
1234168_10200470746593835_1020800511_n_zps9091f20a.jpg
 
grizfan95 said:
Loudness, coldness, attendance, whatever you consider, Wa-Griz is a very special and unique place and I know how fortunate we are to have it.
1234168_10200470746593835_1020800511_n_zps9091f20a.jpg

Every time I see that pic I get homesick. :(
 
bigskyguy said:
I work with a guy who attended Rams games in LA and said it did not compare to WA Griz.
:clap:
LA is too hip. Unless you go to a Lakers or Clippers game..Or a soccer game. hockey game...gotta pace ourselves.
 
grizfan95 said:
Loudness, coldness, attendance, whatever you consider, Wa-Griz is a very special and unique place and I know how fortunate we are to have it.
1234168_10200470746593835_1020800511_n_zps9091f20a.jpg


This picture is so cool. Msla kicks ass.
 
Hammer said:
Grizzaholic said:
People hyped up how loud it gets at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium in Denver and when the Broncos were on defense during 3rd downs, we could have a conversation without having to raise our voices and we were only 5 rows from the field. It didn't seem anywhere close to as loud as Washington-Grizzly Stadium either.

My son went to the Broncos Bucs game in Denver last year and said it didn't compare to WaGriz in noise. I would like to see a game in Arrowhead sometime to experience 137 decibels.



Commonwealth Stadium at Kentucky vs. Vandy in 2006 was about half as loud as WGS. Ky was actually having a decent season that year too.

If you do that Hammer you'll have to invest in hearing aides afterwards.
 
Ohio Stadium is louder than us. Was there for Ohio State vs Penn State 2 years ago. 105,000+ was a lot louder. My ears rang for 2 days after a goal line stand.
 
Don't forget how loud MSU's stadium is. The last time I was there the crowd noise almost drowned out the moo's coming from the field behind the stadium. Feel free to post a beautiful picture if you have one.
 
Back
Top