• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

our o-line needs a pulse

krammer

it's official to me that there are men that are 6'6" 300 pounds and are soft as a teddy bears....I also do not believe jj will last the season with these supposed "dominate" lineman....this is frustrating....geezzzzz !!!

krammer said:
it's official to me that there are men that are 6'6" 300 pounds and are soft as a teddy bears....I also do not believe jj will last the season with these supposed "dominate" lineman....this is frustrating....geezzzzz !!!

I sure see other QB's get hit a lot....wonder if their fan bases bitch about this as much...

What was thought to be our strength at the beginning of the season now looks to be our weakness. Our D looked terrible the first half, but stepped it up in the second half. Only 3 points in the 2nd half is one helluva effort. Only 54 yards rushing is really pathetic though, and if we want to win in the playoffs we have to get the run game going.

AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:

I sure see other QB's get hit a lot....wonder if their fan bases bitch about this as much...

yes, unless their fan base is like usd, where their fans don't care enough to even go to the game....if it's ok with you, then great, I don't feel that way.....

Seems when hype on a o-line is about how big they are....ususlly turns out they are big soft slow and get beaten by smaller faster defenses.

Ursus1 said:
Seems when hype on a o-line is about how big they are....ususlly turns out they are big soft slow and get beaten by smaller faster defenses.
Especially in 2004-2011...

krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:

yes, unless their fan base is like usd, where their fans don't care enough to even go to the game....if it's ok with you, then great, I don't feel that way.....

I'm not saying it's "okay", but QB's are going to get hit. Period. It ain't a scrimmage where they get to wear the red jersey. While the O-line may not be as good as we thought (mid season) Johnson does an uncanny job of getting away from pressure and avoiding hits.

I just saw Vernon Adams get absolutely obliterated by the 'scat defense...while throwing a 76 yard TD pass...wonder if the EWU fans bitch about that?

AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:

I'm not saying it's "okay", but QB's are going to get hit. Period. It ain't a scrimmage where they get to wear the red jersey. While the O-line may not be as good as we thought (mid season) Johnson does an uncanny job of getting away from pressure and avoiding hits.

I just saw Vernon Adams get absolutely obliterated by the 'scat defense...while throwing a 76 yard TD pass...wonder if the EWU fans bitch about that?

what ever you say, you must be right as you have 7261 posts......

AZGrizFan said:
Denarius McGee just got hit.

Of course all QBs take hits from time to time. The problem JJ is killed damn near every pass play back there. That makes us going away form the quick passes even more mind boggling.

Our O Line is struggling right now, which is evident in our lack of running game, and the fact that JJ is taking an absolute beating out there. We are lucky he's a very mobile QB and able to avoid quite a few sacks. If we had a QB back there who wasn't mobile we'd be making funeral arrangements by the 2nd quarter of each game.

krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:

I don't know, it appeared that all 50 of their fans were there.

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
StumptownGriz said:
We have an O-Line?
THIS!

We're 8-2. Enjoy it for 5 f***[*] minutes, fellas!

I am enjoying AZ and we have played some tough opponents, but seriously the O Line is just not getting it done. Period!! Take Henderson and JJ off the field and we are in serious trouble. Our play calling is predictable and our O Line is a huge piece of Swiss cheese mixed with some milk toast. This is not the o- line of past years and something better get fixed - like yesterday. On a good note, this team has no quit in them.

It is a little like the Stay-Puff man, the Michelin man and the Pillsbury Dough Boy were mysteriously inserted into some of our O-Line.

krammer said:

I think you ought to pad up, go to a Griz practice, lineup across as a a DT and tell them how you feel. We are 8-2. We have just had a heck of a run though the toughest schedule I can remember. We have a better OL than you think. We need those two running backs healthy again. Our poor O has become one dimensional and opponents know it. Our OL has to play the cards they are dealt. When we get Vann and Counts back things may look differently.

GrizSpartan said:
We have just had a heck of a run though the toughest schedule I can remember.

I'm happy as hell at 8-2, but lets not get carried away here. Compare the schedules & opponent records of the past decade and you'll see this one is not one of the toughest we've had unfortunately.

Back