• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

OP on bobcat nation, Cats will crush NAU

BWahlberg

DONOR
In the rumor thread this post I put on the cat board is referenced. I see MSU beating NAU badly this weekend, here's why (keep in mind the context, I was posting this to cat fans).

This thought stuck in my brain even just a few minutes after the Griz vs NAU game went final and the more I think about it, the more I'm sure of it. My reasoning I get from the 4 MSU games I've seen on TV and my takeaways from the UM vs NAU game. Those are:

1. Unlike the Griz, MSU will actually pressure Kyren Poe. Poe had a very efficient game against the Griz because we refused the blitz and pressure him. Our staff hoped our front 4 could get to him, but they didn't and then they got worn out as the game went on. Poe will not be given the luxury of a 3 or 4 man rush against MSU. Add in you guys have the most sacks in the conference so far, you'll rattle him.

2. MSU will actually commit to the run better than the Griz did. We panicked and tossed the game plan out (I assume) rather quickly. MSU won't do that and a steady dose of Kirk and Johnson will do what the Griz hoped to do, wear down NAU's D-line.

3. MSU excels in the shorter/medium passing game. Something the Griz felt they did not need. Delaney was quoted in the paper saying they were going to go deep on the single-man coverage that NAU employs with their corners. So our whole passing game plan was air it out, and that didn't work at all. MSU won't fall into the same trap.

4. Big game hangover. NAU put a lot into beating the Griz, it was a clear focus of theirs and I'm hearing rumor of some added bulletin board info our players even helped to provide leading up to the game. Now NAU has to overcome the emotion of a huge win against a hated rival, hit the road, play outdoors, and take on a team that will be much more prepared for them.

5. Coaching intangibles. The Griz tipped the tide to NAU by making a few key coaching blunders. One thing Ash doesn't do often is make coaching errors. He'll put points on the board when offered to him and not make the same errors Delaney did.

6. NAU's offense doesn't score a lot of points. I think after the last game now their offense has scored 5 TDs in 4 games and their defense has scored 5 TDs in 4 games.

7. NAU's kicking is horrid. HORRID. We blocked two of their kicks. I know both the UM and MSU are going through kicking game struggles right now but holy cow, NAU's issues make ours look insignificant.

8. Turnovers. You guys presumably won't let NAU's defense score points, I've been impressed with MSU's ball security, just 1 turnover if you take out Bleskin's 4 interceptions. Assuming McGhee starts I'm betting you guys will keep that momentum rolling.

so true. nau will get crushed, not only cause sCats are better, but cause nau used all they had with the Griz Nation. nothing left to prove.

I assumed when I read this on BN that your one and only purpose was to try and create a bloodthirsty frenzy so we could get our own NAUchick post. Fail. We were and continue to be perfectly classy in our responses. I hate the word classy on message boards.

I like your posts brint, but I like more how this is setting up for all the griz fans. Post that the cats will crush nau so it works out as a win win for any griz fan who is trying to heal any wounds and unsettled stomachs from last weeks loss.

Cats will crush NAU, set the expectation right away. This is how I see griz fans clinging on to this line of thinking.
1. if cats crush nau, no big deal we called it and knew it would happen...and the cats suck...
2. if it's a close game, jeez the cats suck. they had no reason not to crush nau...did i mention they suck
3. if the cats lose, well, cats are so bad just like i suspected all along, and that is just icing on the cake...

Win/Win/and Win for any griz fan by making that call this week.

Honestly though, i like your assessments.

I like your posts brint, but I like more how this is setting up for all the griz fans. Post that the cats will crush nau so it works out as a win win for any griz fan who is trying to heal any wounds and unsettled stomachs from last weeks loss.

Cats will crush NAU, set the expectation right away. This is how I see griz fans clinging on to this line of thinking.
1. if cats crush nau, no big deal we called it and knew it would happen...and the cats suck...
2. if it's a close game, jeez the cats suck. they had no reason not to crush nau...did i mention they suck
3. if the cats lose, well, cats are so bad just like i suspected all along, and that is just icing on the cake...

griznation23 said:
so true. nau will get crushed, not only cause sCats are better, but cause nau used all they had with the Griz Nation. nothing left to prove.

This is my view too. NAU used up too much of its gas against the Griz. NAU is good, especially the defense, but I don't see the qb and receivers playing out of their minds two games in a row. The Cats will get the benefit of the Griz hangover once again.

Actually we want the cats to win. If you look at nau's schedule a win over msu gives them a good shot at the conference. That was hard to say :cry:

ABQCat said:
I assumed when I read this on BN that your one and only purpose was to try and create a bloodthirsty frenzy so we could get our own NAUchick post. Fail.

Seriously? You're joking right?

BWahlberg said:
ABQCat said:
I assumed when I read this on BN that your one and only purpose was to try and create a bloodthirsty frenzy so we could get our own NAUchick post. Fail.

Seriously? You're joking right?

It's a scat fan, the obvious eludes him.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :msugrad:

bigkid said:
Actually we want the cats to win. If you look at nau's schedule a win over msu gives them a good shot at the conference. That was hard to say :cry:
I had not looked at their schedule before, it the get by the Cats they can easily run the table

PlayerRep said:
griznation23 said:

This is my view too. NAU used up too much of its gas against the Griz. NAU is good, especially the defense, but I don't see the qb and receivers playing out of their minds two games in a row. The Cats will get the benefit of the Griz hangover once again.

LOL!!!

Poorgriz, your taking this rivalry isht to a new low, and i'm pretty sure even the rest of the Cat posters would agree. THIS IS A THREAD THAT IS COMPLIMENTARY OF MSU AND STARTED BY A DIEHARD GRIZ FAN, and yet here you are on EGRIZ looking for a fight. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to give you one.

ThatsAboutRight said:

Another Bozangeles Einstein takes the bait, good work BW....BTW NAU rolls, just ask Grizo... :lol: :lol: :lol:

havgrizfan said:
Poorgriz, your taking this rivalry isht to a new low, and i'm pretty sure even the rest of the Cat posters would agree. THIS IS A THREAD THAT IS COMPLIMENTARY OF MSU AND STARTED BY A DIEHARD GRIZ FAN, and yet here you are on EGRIZ looking for a fight. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to give you one.

:troll: :rockon:

I like the Cats in this too but I bet it's a close game. I'm not sure if MSU can stop Bauman. They really aren't equipped to stop a strong running game. UND had some success last week when they chose to run the ball at MSU off of the tackles. They did this with one of the less renown running offenses in the league. If NAU can pound it out and frustrate MSU's D, I can see NAU controlling the tempo of the game.

HighLineGRIZ said:
I like the Cats in this too but I bet it's a close game. I'm not sure if MSU can stop Bauman. They really aren't equipped to stop a strong running game. UND had some success last week when they chose to run the ball at MSU off of the tackles. They did this with one of the less renown running offenses in the league. If NAU can pound it out and frustrate MSU's D, I can see NAU controlling the tempo of the game.
You're right. UND did have "some" success running the ball. But they're stud receiver had 0 catches. The defense was geared to stop the big play. This week we gear up to stop the run. We'll see how that turns out, but I think we have enough studs in the secondary to put 8 in the box.

Well, the one common theme that Brint had was bad, bad coaching decisions and lack of adjustments. I agree with BW, Ash will do a much better job of adjusting to NAU than or hyphenated coordinators did.

Back