• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One thing's for sure come Saturday

B_Kross

The crowd needs to be absolutely Electric.

I'm talking so loud that you'll need to bring earbuds, I'm talking so loud that Portland State's false start counter goes into double digits, I'm talking so loud every time Peter Christian asks for a First Down Montana, the entire stadium shakes.

PSU is a very talented team, and will give the Griz a fight, but looking at some of their games, their discipline and focus is still lacking in some regard. Imagine how that would be with 26,000 screaming Griz fans every time their offense goes out on the field.

Of course, its still up to the Griz to show up and not repeat the same mistakes from NAU, but playing at home, with a raucous crowd supporting them might give them a psychological edge, if nothing else.

:thumb: When the chips are down Griz fans show up. It won't win the game but will show this team we are behind them. I'm there with 4 newbies

I wont be there............not worth the drive

Its been a slow decline for me

It all started with not renewing my season tickets in 2007
Then I stopped donating money to UM in 2009 because of the thug culture Hauck brought in.
2010 I skipped a few home games I normally would have attended
Now I try to make more away games so UM and Missoula dont get any of my cash through other avenues.

I have kind of made up my mind that I will only go to road games next year, (NDSU, WHYoming, Ewu) with the exception of Griz/cat and that is just to hang out with some people and make sure I am not back in my seat for the start of the 3rd qtr.

Throw out the cliches, "yeah somebody else will take your tickets", "we dont need fans like you", "your fat and Hauck stole your girlfriend" :jack:

Keep your streak of being wrong......alive.

Its the only streak you have left due to the inbreeding and nepotistic practices that UM has shortsightedly been practicing decade after decade. I know more people like me than new bandwagon fans jumping on the downhill sled.

Alpha, I do understand where you're coming from and I know a few others who think like you. But, the questions I have are these: what do the young men on the 2013 team have to do with what's happened in the past and why should they have to bear the brunt of your animosity?

Alpha, to each their own. I will miss your videos. You do a great job with em. But as I said before, Pflu was every bit a part of the hiring culture you describe.

I understand Alpha perfectly and find it difficult to disagree with his points. I just don't have his freedom; I'm a Griz for life, wherever it takes us. Sometimes the windshield; sometimes the bug - Mark Knopfler.

It's also worth noting, the chips are not down in my opinion either. The Griz are 3-1 with eight games left. They are the 10th ranked team in the country and have every single goal that matters still being attainable.

And this notion that it's somehow the team's fault they have had a weak schedule and they got "exposed" against NAU is getting pretty stupid. NOT ONE SINGLE POSTER (Alpha excluded) posted facts that App. State was a bad team prior to Aug. 31. NOT ONE SINGLE POSTER posted facts to why UND was a horrible team prior to Sept. 13. All that was posted on here before those two games was how good those teams were and how huge a test they were for the Griz. It's not this team's fault they played bad teams, and against those bad teams, they did what they were supposed to do, which was beat the s--t out of them.

The Griz played poorly for ONE night thus far. There's is no more evidence to judge this team than that. If, in three weeks, they have played poorly two more times and are 3-3, then let's revisit the weak schedule and getting exposed talk.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Then I stopped donating money to UM in 2009 because of the thug culture Hauck brought in.
Now I try to make more away games so UM and Missoula dont get any of my cash through other avenues.

I have kind of made up my mind that I will only go to road games next year, (NDSU, WHYoming, Ewu) with the exception of Griz/cat and that is just to hang out with some people and make sure I am not back in my seat for the start of the 3rd qtr.\

Throw out the cliches, "yeah somebody else will take your tickets", "we dont need fans like you", "your fat and Hauck stole your girlfriend" :jack:

Its the only streak you have left due to the inbreeding and nepotistic practices that UM has shortsightedly been practicing decade after decade. I know more people like me than new bandwagon fans jumping on the downhill sled.

AG--hope you are more careful when labeling others as "Bandwagon" fans.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I have kind of made up my mind that I will only go to road games next year, (NDSU, WHYoming, Ewu) with the exception of Griz/cat and that is just to hang out with some people and make sure I am not back in my seat for the start of the 3rd qtr.

Can we book you for a speaker at the Bobcat QB club? Your story of "redemption" would rival that of O'Briens? I'm not kidding.........

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Alpha, still hope you show up to have a beer with us at Hammer's tailgate. I'd be interested in catching a ride with you for the NDSU game.

kemajic said:
I understand Alpha perfectly and find it difficult to disagree with his points. I just don't have his freedom; I'm a Griz for life, wherever it takes us. Sometimes the windshield; sometimes the bug - Mark Knopfler.

I am still a Griz for life, just not going to support them the way I used to until some things get rectified.

One thing I will give ODay credit for is he always read and listened to my emails, he always returned my emails. The problem was it was his generic "I understand" response letter that was never going anywhere except the cyber trash can. He never offered any solutions or a game plan to get back on track. I told him the reason nothing gets done is because my complaints and checks come in with only 4 or 5 digits instead of 6 or 7. I then said the only leverage I have is to not complain and make my 4 or 5s.........zeros.

I had a very nice donation for the new weight room, locker room, academic center set up with 3 other donors......and now they wont get of it.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
kemajic said:

I am still a Griz for life, just not going to support them the way I used to until some things get rectified.

One thing I will give ODay credit for is he always read and listened to my emails, he always returned my emails. The problem was it was his generic "I understand" response letter that was never going anywhere except the cyber trash can. He never offered any solutions or a game plan to get back on track. I told him the reason nothing gets done is because my complaints and checks come in with only 4 or 5 digits instead of 6 or 7. I then said the only leverage I have is to not complain and make my 4 or 5s.........zeros.

I had a very nice donation for the new weight room, locker room, academic center set up with 3 other donors......and now they wont get of it.

Sounds like you're punishing what everyone is actually here for, the Grizzly football program, because of people who were hired to be involved with it. If anything, that's when the football program needs people more than ever.

havgrizfan said:
Alpha, to each their own. I will miss your videos. You do a great job with em. But as I said before, Pflu was every bit a part of the hiring culture you describe.
Dumbest thing you've ever fvcking said on this board. Ever

Bandwagon fans don't usually follow the ship very far down as it sinks. You may have been ahead of the curve with your observations and monetary protest, but it will not take long for the bandwagon fans to completely abandon ship. When the money stops flowing - people will pay attention. Too bad this is what it will take. Even Alabama had to hit an all time low before they actually hired someone competent. DOn't give me that Saban is the devil talk either. The dude is locked tight, focused and a winner. Something we just can't seem to get our arms around lately. Hire the most qualified candidate - crazy concept.

WaGriz4life said:
havgrizfan said:
Dumbest thing you've ever fvcking said on this board. Ever
Hey!
My videos are not that bad........

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

WaGriz4life, Nice insult, but sticks and stones. Bottom line, Alpha is speaking about the network of hiring in the family, I.E. Dennehey, Hauck, Delaney. Unless, you are a Griz fan of very recent times, then you KNOW Robin Pflugrad was ALSO a member of the Griz family BEFORE he was hired as head coach. If you think I was saying anything negative about Pflu, than you are the dumb one. I was merely pointing out that Pflu was hired in the EXACT same way that all the others Alpha doesn't like were.

havgrizfan said:
WaGriz4life, Nice insult, but sticks and stones. Bottom line, Alpha is speaking about the network of hiring in the family, I.E. Dennehey, Hauck, Delaney. Unless, you are a Griz fan of very recent times, then you KNOW Robin Pflugrad was ALSO a member of the Griz family BEFORE he was hired as head coach. If you think I was saying anything negative about Pflu, than you are the dumb one. I was merely pointing out that Pflu was hired in the EXACT same way that all the others Alpha doesn't like were.

I don't disagree with you or alpha hgf, (actually I totally agree) but think about this. The Griz reached the semis or NC under three of the four coaches above. The Bobcats have not reached the semis since - well forever. The Griz family is dysfunctional - the Cats family is mentally retarded.

Back