• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One Reason The Griz are Good!

bigkid

DONOR
The offensive line is second to none and very well coached. 72% on 3rd down 1 sack given up. These guys are damn good. They know how to pass block, run block, fear nothing. Give props to JJ, Henderson, Van, Canada, but this line is what's going to carry the day. They are frickin awesome man. :clap:

bigkid said:
The offensive line is second to none and very well coached. 72% on 3rd down 1 sack given up. These guys are damn good. They know how to pass block, run block, fear nothing. Give props to JJ, Henderson, Van, Canada, but this line is what's going to carry the day. They are frickin awesome man. :clap:
I posted a question " how far will this offensive line take us?" under this forum before the season started and the overwhelming response was "deep into the playoffs including all the way to Frisco!"
Go Griz! :clap:

Their mental state. United for revenge on the unwilling victims in the Big Sky Conference and the FCS. Can you name another team in the FCS who has been more embarrassed, criticized, and dejected than the Griz in 2012 -13. I think not (remember the papers and legal troubles fellas. Even the wrongly accused legal troubles.) These guys are good - damn good, but they have plenty of reasons to be motivated and I think the cohesiveness they have as a team is very, very rare. Look at the posts on egriz for the previous year. Egrizzers were pissed, frustrated and anxious to get the season started. Imagine how the team members felt? Get the hell out of their way.

From an average fan standpoint, the OLine is always the most-overlooked, under-appreciated group. But anyone who knows football knows you win behind your OLine. And this group = Winners!

Great post Big Kid! Name me a championship team at any level that didn't have a very good offensive line? Good and consistent OL play has really been the reason the Griz have consistent success with very few down years (sans last year).

I have a buddy that is NFL agent, and Montana Grizzlies Facebook page had a picture of the Falcons, Broncos, and Chargers scouts at Griz practice. Their capiton was, "that NFL scouts are becoming an everyday occurnace at practice." So I sent it to him.

My buddy said, "they have Tripp on the radar." I told him, they were looking at Danny Kislter Jr, Tripp and maybe Coyle; and that Kistler I think is a high prospect. I mentioned that Kistler is one of the best in the FCS. Would this be correct? He was wondering if there were any confirmations via the coaching staff?

...you go get fat guyz...
...that can move their feet...
...that'z the name of the game...

... :cool: ...

bigkid said:

Yes, true. But wait till Oiland and others are healthy.

GlacierGrizX said:
I have a buddy that is NFL agent, and Montana Grizzlies Facebook page had a picture of the Falcons, Broncos, and Chargers scouts at Griz practice. Their capiton was, "that NFL scouts are becoming an everyday occurnace at practice." So I sent it to him.

My buddy said, "they have Tripp on the radar." I told him, they were looking at Danny Kislter Jr, Tripp and maybe Coyle; and that Kistler I think is a high prospect. I mentioned that Kistler is one of the best in the FCS. Would this be correct? He was wondering if there were any confirmations via the coaching staff?

Correct. I know Kistler is an NFL prospect, but don't know how highly he is regarded. Tripp is more than on the radar.

When is the last time an objective, rational fan could say the Griz have had a BAD starting o-line? The Griz are truly O-lineU of the FCS.

havgrizfan said:
When is the last time an objective, rational fan could say the Griz have had a BAD starting o-line? The Griz are truly O-lineU of the FCS.

True and it will play out in the next few months...I like what we are seeing so far. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I've been teaching my eight year old Jr. tackle team the importance of having a dominant offensive line attitude. It is difficult to get them to realize that the line is what makes or breaks the "glorious" positions. O-line owns huge % of every yard gained. More DOLA please!
Go GRIZ.

bigkid said:

these guys get very little in recognition except from their teammates,,,yet every coach in any league, high school through the pros will say that the o/l is the heart of the team...we need to let them know how much, we the fans appreciate them while all the glamor positions qbs, r/b,
w/r get the head lines....

One thing I've been continuously jealous of is your ability to get stud lineman in the program. Cats have had some single outstanding guys here and there, but across the board we are never on the same level as the Griz. It's a recruitment issue, not a coaching issue though.

CatzWillRise said:
One thing I've been continuously jealous of is your ability to get stud lineman in the program. Cats have had some single outstanding guys here and there, but across the board we are never on the same level as the Griz. It's a recruitment issue, not a coaching issue though.

Agreed...and as you can see from our offers, we shoot REALLY high...aim for the stars, and end up among the clouds...Ash needs to stop recruiting 'Drake'-level O-line talent or the 'scats will not ever exceed expectations.

AZGrizFan said:
CatzWillRise said:

Agreed...and as you can see from our offers, we shoot REALLY high...aim for the stars, and end up among the clouds...Ash needs to stop recruiting 'Drake'-level O-line talent or the 'scats will not ever exceed expectations.

cat offensive lineman Catalano is on the news practically every night saying how the Cat O-Line is going to get after their opponent and "get nasty". How the whole BSC is afraid of the cat o-line is what he said last night. :lol:

Then his teammates reminded him of how poor the cat oline played last game, failing to rush for even 100 yards against the mighty mesa!!! A crappy rmac school. :lol:

The other cat olineman speaking said that the cats didn't play bobcat football (against colo mesa), and that the cats "DIDN'T GET OFF THE BALL". :lol:

Who is the last o-lineman to play in the NFL? Its not Gragg is it? Has Gragg been the best griz o lineman in the NFL?

Back