• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Once you've shoved it into gear STAND ON IT!!!

grizfanatic

Ever try to shift an old pickup--especially if its new to you and you're just learning to drive it? It's not a pretty sound, but you won't find the right gear without doing it. Sometimes you grind grind grind the gears before you can finally slam it into gear and STAND ON IT!! The Griz'r learning a new offense, and they're in the process of grinding gears. I have absolutely no doubt that they will stand on it given a few games! The offense as Rial Cummings (ugh) described it in today's paper is one that "requires the QB and his receivers to read the defnse and make correct, cordinated adjustments on the fly." Whew! Anyone here want to try that? Sounds telepathic to me. And yet it worked in the pasta. And it WILL work for these guys---we just have to give them some room to make it work.

In another post, Tailbone said: "if we can win (even ugly) until the offense "gets it" we'll be OK and our chances of winning the NC will be much better when they do. ... I kinda like the idea of overwhelming the opposing defense with a multifaceted wide open offense. It'll come. ... I think the coaches have the right idea. I don't think we're seeing Air Bear because the O isn't ready yet. conservative play means fewer turnovers, fewer mistakes.....and ugly wins. but, a win is a win."
YES YES YES! I think he's onto something.

Now excuuuse me while I go grind some gears of my own. :-?

Exactly what it sounds like is going on. They are installing READ'S OFFENSE just like everyone wanted. Problem is, it's a really complicated offense to learn. Most everyone on this board wanted this type of offense and by-golly the coaches are doing what the fans called for.

I for one am going to be very patient with the OC. It's going to be PAINFUL. I think we still are 4-5 games from this thing coming together BIG TIME. We might go 9-3 or 8-4 this year. It could be painful.

BUT.......Once these guys get it, it's going to be awesome and we will be IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP again. That's what everyone wanted, now give it time to work. Give the players time to learn the most complicated, confusing offense a team can run.

Ronbo--"Impossible to stop"---I like th sounds of that! So, yeah, I can be patient too--tho I may have to bite my tongue OFF to keep from whining about things.
Jimus---ohgoodgrief. Pasta? I'd like to think of an excuse for the typo, uh, I was thinking of carbos which is good for the team before a game? Oh never mind.

Hey I copyrighted "take it with a grain of SLAT" last season - stop stealing my material!

*snicker*

I can be patient if they be a little more creative with the play-call in the transition period. I think that we have talented enough player to get us through.

Grzz said:
I can be patient if they be a little more creative with the play-call in the transition period. I think that we have talented enough player to get us through.

Question then: But can we afford to be more creative at this point? (Or maybe the question should be, can we afford NOT to be?) Also, someone today posted a RUMOR that Diz may be out 2-4 weeks (I can't imagine it, but what do I know). If Hartman QBs, does that change the picture? I'm not dissing Hartman---I think he has real potential---but he hasn't played more than a few plays this year. How does that affect play-calling creativity? BTW, I'm not questioning your comment, just the situation, so no offense intended.

PS: R$#!$#!$!!! Oops! Obviously I haven't learned to use the "quote" function. The "Question" portion of that last post was mine, the quote above it was Grzz's. Duh, sorry.

grizfanatic said:
PS: R$#!$#!$!!! Oops! Obviously I haven't learned to use the "quote" function. The "Question" portion of that last post was mine, the quote above it was Grzz's. Duh, sorry.

Learning how to use the 'preview' feature wouldnt be such a bad idea either. :D

Back