• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ohhhh that wacky Big Sky Conf. - wow!

Downwiththefoe

DONOR
I am sure this is old news, but I have been gone since Sat. a.m. - and look what I come back too.

man you gotta love BSC Football.

Go Griz,

again, sorry if this is way old news or topic for everybody else. ( I am just giddy at WSU beating ISU and MSU over NAU........) :eek:

all I can say is How!??.....ooops, I mean WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

here's to playing every game before firing a football staff :drinking:

Bandwagon tickets....right here! Hop on salty's! 8)

broke????....

WTF are you talking about!??

next thing your gonna tell me is my Montana Power stock is worthless <Sarcasm to the tenth degree>

you are a strange person...... good or bad?

can's say for sure.... but a very fitting screen name, your post oftn make me go aaaarrgggg!

Go Griz

I may be in the minority, but I'm not real happy with the 'Cats having beaten NAU. I would far rather have gone into Flagstaff to face an over-confident NAU team than to play a fighting mad team that just lost to a team they did not expect to lose to. Time will tell how it all works out.

i agree with you sixty8, i don't think the bobs victory did anything at all for the griz.... as for the sawyer... uh... i just can't tell you. ask rainbow.

'68griz said:
I may be in the minority, but I'm not real happy with the 'Cats having beaten NAU. I would far rather have gone into Flagstaff to face an over-confident NAU team than to play a fighting mad team that just lost to a team they did not expect to lose to. Time will tell how it all works out.

This is my exact feeling.

It is ALWAYS better for your opponets to be on a long winning streak right before you play them. For one, they have to lose one sooner or later, and for twos, they will be ranked higher(considered a tougher team) when you play them....which is always an advantage for the other team win or lose, and for threes, they will have more of a sense of....yeah we win everytime we play....why get extra worked up this week? Now NAU is 15...and going to play harder than they have all year....instead of being ranked like #6, and not having a must win game facing them this week.

The other thing I really dislike(hate)....the "Over-rated" cheer. It is stupid if you think about it. You want the team you beat to be ranked as high as possible and be a legit contender. Like When LSU beat UG, a lot of the fans started with the "over-rated' bit......Which to me would make a lot more sense if you cheered.."Under Rated"....as in ...they may be a legit top 10 team.....but we are better than that, so WE are Under rated.

SOrry.....went off to tangent land there. :lol:

68', you may have a point, but I think it's a very theoretical point. The win by MSU over NAU "is what it is" and wishing didn't make it so. Wouldn't you agree that every BSC team has Montana dead center in its target? I find it difficult to believe that Jerome Souers wouldn't be as prepared as possible for Montana even if NAU had blown MSU out of the water. :p

Oh, I'm certain Jerome will, no matter the circumstance, do all HE can to prepare NAU to play the Griz. But, I still think a college [i.e a team of 18- to 23-year-olds] team on a winning streak is much more susceptible than one that just got beaten by a lesser team... Just my opinion.

I think the Cats deserved the win. I agree with you 68', but I was a bit mixed on the game. I brought up the point that if MSU wins then NAU will be pissed and at home against us the next week.

I will say I was pulling for the Cats, but at that time I figured the Cats were out of the Big Sky race and that ISU wouldn't lose to Weber. The Griz have a tough schedule ahead of them. One game at a time though. One at a time.

Go Griz!

NAU will be coming out in all cylinders no matter how the game turned out against MSU. NAU losing or winning against MSU will have made no difference at all.

NAU will be coming out in all cylinders no matter how the game turned out against MSU. NAU losing or winning against MSU will have made no difference at all.

I agree. We have had our wake up call. Losing to N. Dakota and ISU. Either we're ready for the best or we're not at this stage. How many times have we beaten NAU? Plus Sauers vs. the Griz. They were going to be motivated one way or another. We control our own destiny now and don't need any help. Just win out and we have it.

Yes....but there is a difference between getting up to play the Griz, which they would anyways, And getting up for the Griz plus being in a MUST WIN situation.

They just lost and now they look and say......man, if we loss another game we won't win the BSC...and might not even make the playoffs. The difference is a team that whats to beat the hated Griz compared to team that wants to beat the hated Griz and is DESPERATE for a win...the whole season rides on it.

But what Do I know.....just an opinion. Heck, it might work the other way, and now that they have lost a BSC game...they might start to question if they are as good as they once had thought. Or maybe, because there is so much riding on this game...they will come out tight and choke. The Griz have a big edge in expierence in these types of games! Well....at least the players have expierence. :wink:

GeauxGriz said:
Heck, it might work the other way, and now that they have lost a BSC game...they might start to question if they are as good as they once had thought. Or maybe, because there is so much riding on this game...they will come out tight and choke. The Griz have a big edge in expierence in these types of games! Well....at least the players have expierence. :wink:

Choke is by guess. Don't they have a history of choking late in the season? (I thought someone pointed this out earlier this year.)

They just lost and now they look and say......man, if we loss another game we won't win the BSC...and might not even make the playoffs

I agree Geaux, but you could insert NAU or the Griz for this statement. Hopefully we're just as fired up. One way or another it's going to be a good game. I just feel a sigh of relief knowing NAU is vulnerable, their only loss up to that game was ASU. I was having some serious doubts about our chances. Now I feel pretty good. Go Griz.

VictorG said:
Choke is by guess. Don't they have a history of choking late in the season? (I thought someone pointed this out earlier this year.)

NAU has a history of choking after losing to the Griz. Seems they put so much energy into playing the Griz, that after losing, they lose all heart and are not the same team.

Losing to any other team in the conference doesn't seem to have the same affect. But Griz being at the level they are at, every team brings their level to their highest against the Griz.

It really doesn't matter whether they lost to MSU the week before.

I have to say ISU just suffered from this last week. After expending so much energy preparing and playing the Griz in a very emotional game the week before, they lost that energy and lost to Weber State.

A team has to bring their A game every week to win the Conference Championship. Not just against the Griz. NAU seemed to have dropped a level against MSU. I assure you they will against the Griz. But, we will find out whether they will continue to bring out their A game after they play the Griz, whether it's a win or loss. Time will tell.

I've seen both teams play, and the Griz will have to play their best game, and minimize turnovers, to beat NAU. The offense will have to perform at a more consistant level than in past games. NAU will score points against us, make no mistake about that.

If I had to bet on the game, I'd take NAU. I predict the final score will be about: NAU 38, Griz 29. I hope i'm wrong, and i''l be there cheering as hard as anyone. I just think our offense is way too predictable, and the design is not creative enough, to score the number of points we'll need to beat this team. Again, I hope i'm wrong. I'd love to have the sugar-coaters gloating over their predictions coming true. But, I call it as I see it.

I've already predicted that the Griz will end up no better than 8-4 this year. We've got the toughest schedule remaining of any Big Sky contender, with our toughest games on the road. Pretty tough road to hoe for this team.

azgriz said:
We've got the toughest schedule remaining of any Big Sky contender, with our toughest games on the road. Pretty tough road to hoe for this team.

And my AZ friend.... if there is one team in the BSC that can win out, it is the Griz.... :wink:

Dear AZ Griz friend. I respect your opinion but keep this in mind. The Griz offense is not a static unit and neither is its defense. We seem to keep getting better and better. Soon, and I hope it starts this week, we will have made it completely over the hump and will be running down hill. With a little luck, some special teams plays, a great kicking game, and some outstanding effort and playcalling, we will be in the driver's seat for the Big Sky crown. I am putting my money on the boys from Montana.

Back