• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Official Stats for Conference Teams

PlayerRep

UM is: 1st in scoring offense, 1st in scoring defense, 3d in total offense, 1st in total defense, 3d in rushing offense, 1st in rushing defense, 8th in pass offense, 4th in pass defense, 2d in passing efficiency, 4th in pass efficiency defense, 1st in interceptions, 1st in net punting, tied for 5th in sacks, 2d in 3rd down conversions, 9th in third down conversion defense,1st in fewest penalties, 1st in turnover margin, 6th in red zone offense, 1st in red zone defense.

Canada and Van are 7th and 8th in rushing, JJ is 2d in passing efficiency and 5th in total offense. Henderson is 5th in scoring and 4th in TD's. Shaw is 2d in punting (46.2). Wags is 9th in sacks and 3d in TFL's. Goodwin is 1st in passes defended and tied for 3d in interceptions. Tully is 2d in fumbles recovered.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/custompages/football/2013/stats/confonly.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the figures don't lie....it is starting to look like m.d. knew what he was doing with the changes he made with the team....yes, we run the ball, but we also throw the ball over the top more than anytime in recent memory.....m.d. may be just what the griz needed in this transition period....

krammer said:
the figures don't lie....it is starting to look like m.d. knew what he was doing with the changes he made with the team....yes, we run the ball, but we also throw the ball over the top more than anytime in recent memory.....m.d. may be just what the griz needed in this transition period....

+1

get'em_griz said:
grizpsych said:
WILD_CAT said:
http://www.bigskyconf.com/custompages/football/2013/stats/confonly.htm
Do you have an updated link? This one was after 2 games.

I think that link is for conference games only, not season stats.

Why would anyone care about 2/3-game conference stats when there are 7/6-game stats available? The lack of games in the 2/3-game sample causes outliers to skew the stats too much and make almost not meaningful.

PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:
grizpsych said:
WILD_CAT said:
http://www.bigskyconf.com/custompages/football/2013/stats/confonly.htm

Why would anyone care about 2/3-game conference stats when there are 7/6-game stats available? The lack of games in the 2/3-game sample causes outliers to skew the stats too much and make almost not meaningful.
Because they are a better representation when comparing one team to another, but for your purposes of spinning deceptions you should stick with using the full stats.

Chester Cheetah said:
PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:
grizpsych said:

Because they are a better representation when comparing one team to another, but for your purposes of spinning deceptions you should stick with using the full stats.

Which set of stats should I use to determine how many touchdowns and interceptions a quarterback has thrown in the season? Is it the same for rushing yards?

I saw this game where Oregon beat Nicholls State. Oregon had 772 yards of offense including 500 rushing yards. ESPN is counting that game toward the season totals, but they shouldn't be, correct? I sent an e-mail to Lee Corso about this. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

Chester Cheetah said:
PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:
grizpsych said:

No, conference stats are not better at this point of the season. At this point of the season, virtually no one will agree with. Too few games to provide meaningful stats, and teams haven't played each other. If you want to criticize stats, go to the other thread created for that. Don't muck up other threads.

Chester Cheetah said:
PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:
grizpsych said:

While I'm not a big proponent of using stats to compare multiple teams, this is a ridiculous argument, particularly in the f'ed up BSC, where there have been countless "nonconference" games between conf teams.

EverettGriz said:
Chester Cheetah said:
PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:

While I'm not a big proponent of using stats to compare multiple teams, this is a ridiculous argument, particularly in the f'ed up BSC, where there have been countless "nonconference" games between conf teams.

Thanks, Everett. Also note that when I've posted the Big Sky team stats and national stats in recent weeks, I have made no comment whatsoever. I look them up and post them. Everyone is welcome to take them or leave them. I haven't said UM is great, or not great, because of the stats. I do take issue with some completely dumb comments about stats being made by some people.

Every game, every snap counts. PERIOD. It matters. They matter to Oregon when playing Nicholls, they matter to the Griz and they matter to MSU against Mesa and Monmouth and so on. If performance in games like that don't matter, than why and the eff does EVERY college football team in the country, INCLUDING clubs Oregon, Alabama and Montana State (Interjecting there because Cat Posters are saying the Griz stats don't represent what kind of a team they are), review the game film with every player on the team the next day? Why do they do it? Cause it effing matters. Same reason they keep stats from those games. The stats are still telling no matter the opponent.

The funny thing is, the Griz played EXACTLY ONE cupcake and it actually hurt individual stats for all the starting skill guys cause they didn't even play in that game.

When Caleb won the Buck Buchanen last season, his stats from non-conference games were not excluded from the press release announcing him as the winner. His stats INCLUDED EVERY SINGLE GAME HE PLAYED IN.

CDAGRIZ said:
Chester Cheetah said:
PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:

Which set of stats should I use to determine how many touchdowns and interceptions a quarterback has thrown in the season? Is it the same for rushing yards?

I saw this game where Oregon beat Nicholls State. Oregon had 772 yards of offense including 500 rushing yards. ESPN is counting that game toward the season totals, but they shouldn't be, correct? I sent an e-mail to Lee Corso about this. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.
Evidently you don't read very well, note the enlarged text in my original post. Of course if you want to look at individual totals, you would look at the full data set. Those individual totals don't really show anything and are useless for comparison to another individual but if you want raw totals then go for it.

Back