• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ochs???

gotgame75

DONOR
I noticed in today's paper that Ochs is listed as a senior. I knew that there was some question regarding whether or not he would be granted another year of eligibility, i.e. medical redshirt, for his last year at Colorado, but I thought there was a better than not chance that he would be granted an extra year of eligibilty at Montana. What ever happened with this???? Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Some thoughts on the game------Go Willie! Please tell me if there is anybody in the Big Sky who can stop this guy?! I love the fact that the coaches have increased his role in the offense, but i think he could be utilized even more as I dont think there are many teams in I-AA that can contend with his size and his new found hands (i.e. the Idaho State touchdown). He has proved himself to be another weapon in our offensive arsenal that can give D-coordinators nightmares; hopefully his increased presence can free up some of the coverage on our receivers. ----

The rosters all list Ochs as a junior, so I would presume that that is correct. The Missoulian has been known to make a mistake or two....

As for Walden, I love watching him lumber down the field with two or three defenders hanging on for dear life. He's slow as can be and is never going to have an 80-yard TD run, but, he has become very good at being a big-time possession receiver. Go, Willie!!

When Willie runs a pass pattern, there is no lumbering going on! Watch him sometime! As I recall, he is supposed to run a 4.75 40. One of the reasons he was one of the most highly recruited tight ends in the Pacific Northwest was his amazing speed for a big guy.

It's true, a big guy seems to be running slower or lumbering because they have a long stride. But they are moving faster than you think.

Little guys legs seem to be moving much faster. Who woud you say is faster Waller or Hilliard? Hauck said our fastest running back is Hilliard, yet Waller seems faster.

On UM's release Guffey also has Waller listed as a freshman...and has been listed a player out for the season on the depth chart at a #2....so you can't even trust the accuracy of the athletic department

Hey Ronbo,
A little off subject but Hauck said the fastest player on the team is a healthy Ochs in one interview I was listening to. I found myself scratchin my head. :roll:

Another off subject comment...
After Willie scored the PA folks played "Little Willie" by Sweet, I think. I thought that was pretty cooooool. :infinity:

PolsonGrizFan said:
Hey Ronbo,
A little off subject but Hauck said the fastest player on the team is a healthy Ochs in one interview I was listening to. I found myself scratchin my head. :roll:

I never heard that but read it several times here.

I don't see Ochs as the fastest guy. We saw him healthy prior to his injury and i'm pretty sure others are faster.
I still think he's a a GREAT QB though!!! and fast enough.

GrizMania said:
PolsonGrizFan said:
Hey Ronbo,

I never heard that but read it several times here.

I don't see Ochs as the fastest guy. We saw him healthy prior to his injury and i'm pretty sure others are faster.
I still think he's a a GREAT QB though!!! and fast enough.

I heard that very comment made by the TV announcers on Saturday. Ochs is "one" of the fastest players on the team when healthy.

Back