• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ochs gone next year?

fijigriz

What is everybody's reaction to this article in the Missoulian today? This would really suck if Ochs doesn't get to play next year because Montana officials forgot to file for his medical redshirt season.

This in today's Missoulian 11/28/03:
Ochs is listed as a junior, but University of Montana officials have been slow to file his medical hardship paperwork to the NCAA. Ochs, who never used a redshirt season, played in just two games last season at Colorado before a concussion sidelined him. He eventually left Colorado and enrolled at UM in January. The NCAA should grant Ochs the redshirt, but if not Ochs is fine with that.

"It's kind of a frustrating thing,'' Ochs said. "I'm told it is 50-50 right now. In my head I have to plan for other things."

"I'd love to come back and play, certainly, if given the opportunity, it's something I'll look at," Ochs said. "If I don't get the hardship, I'll have other options. I'm just focusing on the season and helping this team."

The article made me sick. Given that he played in only the first two games of the season, and never had a redshirt year, it would seem that he would be entitled to a medical redshirt. I suppose there might be a slight issue with his having been cleared to play again last year, deciding to sit out the rest of the year to play it safe, and then transferring. I think he'll play next year.

I hope he is back, but I would not be opposed to another transfer if they were interested. I am not 100% sold on Ochs, I think that Miller was a much better transfer, but Ochs can scramble and that is a huge plus. I am still an Ochs fan and I wish the offense showed his skills better, but as long as we are winning it doesn't matter at all.

If we could get taht back-up QB from Texas, the guy that lost his job to the frosh, that would make things interesting next year. I'll go look for the name.

I feel bad saying this, but Ochs just isn't the right QB for this team. And reading that article he sounds like he's totally over football anyway. I was in a few classes with him and he's a real nice guy, but on the field its like "ho hum i threw another pic". And yesterday on ESPN classic they had CU/ Nebraska 2000 on and Ochs was the QB and it looks like anything he has regressed and is totally worse now. I honestly think that if he goes it will be a good change and BH can start getting the people he wants for his system (which BTW what is BH system? ok its 3rd and long boys run it up the gut). Also its nice getting these transfers but getting sloppy seconds sometimes is a bad thing.

GriznessBizness said:
I feel bad saying this, but Ochs just isn't the right QB for this team. And reading that article he sounds like he's totally over football anyway. I was in a few classes with him and he's a real nice guy, but on the field its like "ho hum i threw another pic". And yesterday on ESPN classic they had CU/ Nebraska 2000 on and Ochs was the QB and it looks like anything he has regressed and is totally worse now. I honestly think that if he goes it will be a good change and BH can start getting the people he wants for his system (which BTW what is BH system? ok its 3rd and long boys run it up the gut). Also its nice getting these transfers but getting sloppy seconds sometimes is a bad thing.

So then, exactly who really is the right qb for this team right now and next year? If the Griz cant pass well with Ochs it aint gonna happen.

GrizMania said:
GriznessBizness said:

So then, exactly who really is the right qb for this team right now and next year? If the Griz cant pass well with Ochs it aint gonna happen.

Jamaal Lord. :wink:

(Hauck wants to run the option.)

Latest posts

Back