• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

O.M.G. safety play ... 1%... 10%...

rimrockgriz

There are some posts here regarding the qualifying criteria as to whether one is "qualified" to criticize our "safety play"...eg. How many of you have have played safety in organized football?? comes to mind...I recall. I don't think for a second you need to have played free or strong to understand the position. Or cover 1, 2, 3,4, or even man under. For the record I played free in h.s...but neither you or I give a F..K !! :whocares: If you've stayed with the game for 10 or 40 years your knowledge of the game has grown exponentially. Diagnosis is available on t.v. now daily. I've made it known our safety play blows :grenade:I always like to give at least one example as validation to my comments. The N.D. game...multiple instances of the player being in position and unable to make the play...especially in the end zone on "helium balls". I'm not even factoring in plays where we weren't in position, because that is debatable for the enablers. Depth perception??? Athleticism??? I don't give a f... why. The play needs to be made or your toast. I think OVER 10% of you have played safety in organized football, because that is a very BROAD brush. :egriz: I'm sure you pric*s will straighten me out if I'm wrong.

rimrockgriz said:
There are some posts here regarding the qualifying criteria as to whether one is "qualified" to criticize our "safety play"...eg. How many of you have have played safety in organized football?? comes to mind...I recall. I don't think for a second you need to have played free or strong to understand the position. Or cover 1, 2, 3,4, or even man under. For the record I played free in h.s...but neither you or I give a F..K !! :whocares: If you've stayed with the game for 10 or 40 years your knowledge of the game has grown exponentially. Diagnosis is available on t.v. now daily. I've made it known our safety play blows :grenade:I always like to give at least one example as validation to my comments. The N.D. game...multiple instances of the player being in position and unable to make the play...especially in the end zone on "helium balls". I'm not even factoring in plays where we weren't in position, because that is debatable for the enablers. Depth perception??? Athleticism??? I don't give a f... why. The play needs to be made or your toast. I think OVER 10% of you have played safety in organized football, because that is a very BROAD brush. :egriz: I'm sure you pric*s will straighten me out if I'm wrong.

You're not wrong.

Griz2k said:
rimrockgriz said:

You're not wrong.

Rimrock Griz:

I admire your effort for trying to take on this topic but I feel it's an un-winable battle for you.
For what ever reason, the poor Griz safety play last year is a very divisive subject on this board. The fans that are frustrated with the safeties quote stats to bolster their opinions. The fans that are in support of the current Griz starters say things like "the corners are the problem" or "the defensive scheme is the reason for the safeties drop of in play". Some on this board even suggest that if you didn't play the position, you aren't qualified to make comments. Ronnie Lott himself could join e-griz and make unflattering comments about our safeties and some on this board would minimize his qualified opinions.
That is just the nature of this board. In any event, this "divisive issue" will get worked out during the 2013 season. In the end, it will come down to results. If the Griz starters at safety have another poor year, there won't be much anybody can say. If the Griz safeties improve and return to a 2011 type performance, then everyone will relax and move on some other e-griz debatable topic. Let's get to next season soon!

CV Griz Fan said:
Griz2k said:
rimrockgriz said:

You're not wrong.

Rimrock Griz:

I admire your effort for trying to take on this topic but I feel it's an un-winable battle for you.
For what ever reason, the poor Griz safety play last year is a very divisive subject on this board. The fans that are frustrated with the safeties quote stats to bolster their opinions. The fans that are in support of the current Griz starters say things like "the corners are the problem" or "the defensive scheme is the reason for the safeties drop of in play". Some on this board even suggest that if you didn't play the position, you aren't qualified to make comments. Ronnie Lott himself could join e-griz and make unflattering comments about our safeties and some on this board would minimize his qualified opinions.
That is just the nature of this board. In any event, this "divisive issue" will get worked out during the 2013 season. In the end, it will come down to results. If the Griz starters at safety have another poor year, there won't be much anybody can say. If the Griz safeties improve and return to a 2011 type performance, then everyone will relax and move on some other e-griz debatable topic. Let's get to next season soon!

If Ronnie Lott came on the board, he would say that while safety play was not great last year, there has been way too much criticism of safety play, especially from people who don't understand secondary play (and don't talk to the coaches). He would also chuckle at the crybabies who get their feelings hurt when people who understand secondary play point out the errors in their mistaken posts.

Well...it's good company when your posting with people who know what Ronnie Lott would say. It is the "real" off season now and I'm ready to spend the weekends on the rivers and less time "here" until August. We'll be less exposed there anyway with the "Q" position shored up and the anticipated massive recovery of the "D". have a great summer Zibs. :egriz:

Playerg Safety is like driving down the "Going to the Sun Highway" without brakes...

It is the ultimate rush, but you are one mistake away from being a goat flying off the egde of the road...

All safeties and corners get beat... the great ones just make it happen as little as possible.

Paytonlives said:
Playerg Safety is like driving down the "Going to the Sun Highway" without brakes...

It is the ultimate rush, but you are one mistake away from being a goat flying off the egde of the road...

All safeties and corners get beat... the great ones just make it happen as little as possible.

Astute post Payton! :thumb: :clap:

griz71 said:
Paytonlives said:

Astute post Payton! :thumb: :clap:
+1 :egriz:

PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Griz2k said:
rimrockgriz said:

You're not wrong.

Rimrock Griz:

If Ronnie Lott came on the board, he would say that while safety play was not great last year, there has been way too much criticism of safety play, especially from people who don't understand secondary play (and don't talk to the coaches). He would also chuckle at the crybabies who get their feelings hurt when people who understand secondary play point out the errors in their mistaken posts.

God, I just wish all of us could share your infinite wisdom and access to the coaches. Oh, and be sure to say hi to Ronnie for me.

narly said:
PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Griz2k said:
You're not wrong.

Rimrock Griz:

God, I just wish all of us could share your infinite wisdom and access to the coaches. Oh, and be sure to say hi to Ronnie for me.

Maybe it was PR and Ronnie that were out drinking with the coaches when the window got broken? The TE coach is just taking the hit!

Back