• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Now and Then-Random Thoughts

kurtismichael

Zach Wagenmann stands at 11th on the Grizzly career sacks list with 15. In front of him are some great players that stir some great memories. In the next 2 to 3 games expect Zach to pass Grizzly greats Ciche Pitcher, Dustin Dloughy, Kroy Biermann and Jace Palmer.

Jordan Tripp, Zach Wagenmann and J.P Kanongata are 9th, 12th and 17th respectfully on the career tackles for loss list. The three of them will pass the likes of Lance Spencer, Ryan Fetherston, Loren Utterback, Alen Saenz and Shane MacIntyre. All great players.

One name sits atop both those lists. Tim Bush is the all time sacks leader with 32.5 and the all time TFL leader with 32.5. Jordan Tripp and Zach Wagenmann both could pass Tim on the 2nd list by the conclusion of this season. The three players mentioned are fun to watch and once their careers are done we as fans will wonder where the time went. No matter how great a player is or was sometimes we don't appreciate just how great they were and how fun they were to watch until after their careers are over. For me watching Jordan, Zach and J.P. makes me recall how much I enjoyed watching guys like Tim Bush, Vince Huntsberger, Tyler Joyce, Justin Green, Yo Humphrey, Marc Mariani and of course Dave Dickinson. Remembering those guys makes me make a little bit more of an effort appreciating all the players on this 2013 Grizzly team.

They all work hard to carry on the great Grizzly tradition built by the players before them. Beyond football we should appreciate what we have in the moment because you never know when it will all end. Sadly, Griz Nation lost the great Tim Bush to a terrible work accident on June 18, 2010. Last October 2012, another Grizzly was taken way to soon. Curt Colter passed away of heart disease. He was part of the 2001 National Championship team and loved by his family, friends and teammates.

So as much as possible live in the moment and appreciate those things that bring you happiness.

kurtismichael said:
Zach Wagenmann stands at 11th on the Grizzly career sacks list with 15. In front of him are some great players that stir some great memories. In the next 2 to 3 games expect Zach to pass Grizzly greats Ciche Pitcher, Dustin Dloughy, Kroy Biermann and Jace Palmer.

Jordan Tripp, Zach Wagenmann and J.P Kanongata are 9th, 12th and 17th respectfully on the career tackles for loss list. The three of them will pass the likes of Lance Spencer, Ryan Fetherston, Loren Utterback, Alen Saenz and Shane MacIntyre. All great players.

One name sits atop both those lists. Tim Bush is the all time sacks leader with 32.5 and the all time TFL leader with 32.5. Jordan Tripp and Zach Wagenmann both could pass Tim on the 2nd list by the conclusion of this season. The three players mentioned are fun to watch and once their careers are done we as fans will wonder where the time went. No matter how great a player is or was sometimes we don't appreciate just how great they were and how fun they were to watch until after their careers are over. For me watching Jordan, Zach and J.P. makes me recall how much I enjoyed watching guys like Tim Bush, Vince Huntsberger, Tyler Joyce, Justin Green, Yo Humphrey, Marc Mariani and of course Dave Dickinson. Remembering those guys makes me make a little bit more of an effort appreciating all the players on this 2013 Grizzly team.

They all work hard to carry on the great Grizzly tradition built by the players before them. Beyond football we should appreciate what we have in the moment because you never know when it will all end. Sadly, Griz Nation lost the great Tim Bush to a terrible work accident on June 18, 2010. Last October 2012, another Grizzly was taken way to soon. Curt Colter passed away of heart disease. He was part of the 2001 National Championship team and loved by his family, friends and teammates.

So as much as possible live in the moment and appreciate those things that bring you happiness.

Man I miss Tim Bush. I still couldn't believe when I heard about his death I got to know his parents real well coming home after the Hawaii game in 2001 I actually had to travel back to Montana with them because of 9/11 but he was one of the best defensive players I had seen

kurtismichael said:
Griz2k said:
I'd say Waggenman has a realistic shot at the sacks record.

I do too, although not until next season.

Ya, that's what I meant. He's essentially got 17-18 regular season games left to get 18 sacks.

The Career Tackles list is full of amazing and consistent performers.

1. Vince Huntsberger (1998-2001) 393 tackles . . nearly 400 tackles in 4 years
2. Tyler Joyce . . . . . . . . 356 tackles
3. Kent Clausen . . . . . . . . 348 tackles
4. Mike Rankin . . . . . . . 326 tackles . . over 300 tackles in just 3 years
5. Colt Anderson . . . . . . 313 tackles
6. Tim Hauck . . . . . . . 305 tackles . . in 3 years & same team as Rankin
7. Kyle Ryan . . . . . . . . 304
8. Jake Trammell . . . . . 301
9. Shawn Lebsock . . . . . 294
10. Caleb McSurdy . . . . . 293
11. Jason Crebo . . . . . . 289
12. Todd Ericson . . . . . . 287

Proud Griz Man said:

Thanks for sharing. I was going to talk about this list as well but I was feeling long winded. :)

kurtismichael said:
Griz2k said:
kurtismichael said:
Griz2k said:
I'd say Waggenman has a realistic shot at the sacks record.

I do too, although not until next season.

Ya, that's what I meant. He's essentially got 17-18 regular season games left to get 18 sacks.

I figured that is what you meant. Very doable for that guy!

Absolutely. And I don't think he should cut his hair until he breaks it.

Proud Griz Man said:

Mike Rankin...it's been a while since I've heard mention of his name. I think he played middle l.b. Built like a brick "sh!t thouse. I remember him roaming from sideline to sideline and just ko'ing people... :egriz:

I love threads like this. As Griz fans. We've been very blessed with a ridiculous number of terrific players to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the memories.
And the reminder.

So much wasted time reading posters attacking other posters. When I read this article I was reminded once again of the special place EGriz can be. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Grizfan97007 said:
kurtismichael said:

Man I miss Tim Bush. I still couldn't believe when I heard about his death I got to know his parents real well coming home after the Hawaii game in 2001 I actually had to travel back to Montana with them because of 9/11 but he was one of the best defensive players I had seen

#91. My favorite Griz of all time.

TB was one of my favs too. I once put up a "Got Bush?" sign on the railing (we sit in the front row near the cheerleaders ;) ). I finally got TB's attention and he looked at me like, "who the hell are you?" He shrugged his shoulders and gestured to the adjacent family section. Coincidentally, his dad was sitting directly across the aile from us. Great people.

Back