• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Northern Iowa...

Paytonlives

Moderator
Staff member
Joins the MAC...

The FCS just keeps getting weaker

App State
Georgia Southern
Northern Iowa
Texas State
Georgia State
James Madison
Liberty
Old Dom.
UMASS
North Dakota State (looking)
 
PlayerRep said:
Where's a link for this?
Payton's news source: http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Make it happen, maybe then the MVC would take UND off our hands and help our travel budgets in the BSC.
 
kemajic said:
Make it happen, maybe then the MVC would take UND off our hands and help our travel budgets in the BSC.


Yeah cause traveling to the Southeast from Missoula is so much better :roll:
 
Grizmayor said:
putter said:
D1B gets another one..... :lol:

Or otherwise known as the FBS Irrelevant/Who Gives A Shit/Never Win a Title/Bodybag conferences. :thumb:

In the ever shrinking FCS there may be 100 schools left in the division by season's end and 24 of them will vie for an NC that has becomes as meaningless as a grade school "participation trophy."
Indeed. Who Does Give A Shit :?: ....Cry me a river :cry:
 
Silvertip said:
Grizmayor said:
putter said:
D1B gets another one..... :lol:

Or otherwise known as the FBS Irrelevant/Who Gives A Shit/Never Win a Title/Bodybag conferences. :thumb:

In the ever shrinking FCS there may be 100 schools left in the division by season's end and 24 of them will vie for an NC that has becomes as meaningless as a grade school "participation trophy."
Indeed. Who Does Give A Shit :?: ....Cry me a river :cry:

Yikes. Your post really puts into perspective the current state of FCS football. :???:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
Grizmayor said:
putter said:
D1B gets another one..... :lol:

Or otherwise known as the FBS Irrelevant/Who Gives A Shit/Never Win a Title/Bodybag conferences. :thumb:
Yeah, I love the fcs, but clearly the people that give a crap are the ones pumping millions of dollars into the fbs...and giving squat to the fcs. Face-it, outside of alumni, and folks that grew up watching fcs football, nobody cares.
 
In reality, losing some major FCS programs really does not affect the division. It doesn't lose prestige on a national scale, because well it never really had any.

There will be upstart programs, DII teams looking to move up. Does everyone remember NDSU was DII not that long ago?

We lost some storied FCS programs this year yes, but in the end what does that really mean to FCS? That there are a few less programs. But there will be more - there are 4 joining FCS in 2014 alone.
 
The FCS Faithful remind one of the subject of the story about the hopelessly optimistic little boy whose parents tried to shock into finally facing up to reality. While his brother got a shiny new bike for Christmas he opened up a box full of shit wrapped in newspaper and exclaimed joyfully..."Oh boy, a pony that got away!"

FCS has lost ten ponies and counting...GrizNation will soon be left with the box... ;)
 
CatzWillRise said:
In reality, losing some major FCS programs really does not affect the division. It doesn't lose prestige on a national scale, because well it never really had any.

There will be upstart programs, DII teams looking to move up. Does everyone remember NDSU was DII not that long ago?

We lost some storied FCS programs this year yes, but in the end what does that really mean to FCS? That there are a few less programs. But there will be more - there are 4 joining FCS in 2014 alone.

This. Not going away because it's a perfect fit for a bunch of schools out there and the $$ is right.
 
Ahh yes, we should totally stay stagnant while other schools with ambition move on to FBS, and smaller schools with ambition move in (D-II). (Sarcasm) Anyone ever heard the phrase, if you're not growing, you're dying?
 
UNI, Liberty and James Madison and every other FCS school are not going anywhere.

Conference realignment at the FBS is pretty much done with the new ACC media contracts. The ACC owns all the tv rights for all the schools for 15 years. Which means that if a schools leaves, the ACC can make it so that the schools' teams are not on tv.

And a cap has been put on how much money the "other" FBS conferences get. So why would these conferences add schools to shirnk their piece of the pie.
 
Silvertip said:
The FCS Faithful remind one of the subject of the story about the hopelessly optimistic little boy whose parents tried to shock into finally facing up to reality. While his brother got a shiny new bike for Christmas he opened up a box full of shit wrapped in newspaper and exclaimed joyfully..."Oh boy, a pony that got away!"

FCS has lost ten ponies and counting...GrizNation will soon be left with the box... ;)

We don't have any say in the matter. Why don't you talk to someone who can do something about it?
 
Back
Top