• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No more spring camp live tweets (this year)

BWahlberg

DONOR
Spring camp practices are closed, no one allowed to watch, including me. I'll live tweet the scrimmages, there's 4 of them, but that's about all I'll be able to do.

I suspect the coaches out-lash towards people taping practices in the fall caused this. I think they had some people hoisting cameras over the fences last year.

Bummer

BWahlberg said:
Spring camp practices are closed, no one allowed to watch, including me.

I'll live tweet the scrimmages, there's 4 of them, but that's about all I'll be able to do.

Bummer

Can't you climb a nearby tree or something and spy?

I can understand this. I wouldn't want anyone watching and knowing any game plans. But... maybe I'm looking at it wrong...

BDizzle said:
Is this common for the bigger schools? Seems like a little much. Tinfoil hat...

I know some schools have asked people not to post on twitter, etc.

Bummer deal for sure, I love being out there and sharing info - watching players progress and observing position battles, etc. This pretty much ends chance of that.

I suspect there's a few actual main reasons in play.

1. New coaches, new system, allow it to get in place without ongoing fan speculation

2. Keep the media hype off the team and attention away from JJ.

BWahlberg said:
Spring camp practices are closed, no one allowed to watch, including me. I'll live tweet the scrimmages, there's 4 of them, but that's about all I'll be able to do.

I suspect the coaches out-lash towards people taping practices in the fall caused this. I think they had some people hoisting cameras over the fences last year.

Bummer

Come on BWall, pull a Rudy, find a uniform and some pads and sneak into practice

BWahlberg said:
BDizzle said:
Is this common for the bigger schools? Seems like a little much. Tinfoil hat...

I know some schools have asked people not to post on twitter, etc.

Bummer deal for sure, I love being out there and sharing info - watching players progress and observing position battles, etc. This pretty much ends chance of that.

I suspect there's a few actual main reasons in play.

1. New coaches, new system, allow it to get in place without ongoing fan speculation

2. Keep the media hype off the team and attention away from JJ.
Well ya know, there's always that real estate thingy to fall back on... ;)

Spares the team a lot of criticism, especially those who have been put in new positions, or are fighting a transfer for their job. Maybe Dave Guffey could post a redacted practice report.

Obama should have a drone flying over Missoula somewhere video taping thugs and gangbangers... Call Ex-Congressman Dumbass as see if he can pull some strings with the Emporer and get us the footage.

Grizmayor said:
Obama should have a drone flying over Missoula somewhere video taping thugs and gangbangers... Call Ex-Congressman Dumbass as see if he can pull som :lol: e strings with the Emporer and get us the footage.
I was going to :lol: at this, but then I realized it had a 75% chance of being true.

From very good sources (usual e-griz) the reason the practices are closed is they do not want any of the following filmed:

1. Coin flip preparation

2. Punt return formations

3. Duct taping of the head phones to the HC

4. QB competition starting at 20 yds to give everyone a chance.

5. 15 yd gaps to the WR's on defense

bluemarlin2 said:
From very good sources (usual e-griz) the reason the practices are closed is they do not want any of the following filmed:

1. Coin flip preparation

... :lol: good stuff for bloopers...

bluemarlin2 said:

1. Coin flip preparation

You totally forgot the most important one:

#6. Proper use of a Kleenex.

:lol:
Grizmayor said:
Obama should have a drone flying over Missoula somewhere video taping thugs and gangbangers... Call Ex-Congressman Dumbass as see if he can pull some strings with the Emporer and get us the footage.
:lol:

Latest posts

Back