• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nice job coaching staff!

Buttegrizzle

Well-known member
DONOR
The oft maligned coaching staff has actually had a nice season and has the Griz playing well into the final stretch. Special teams, defense, run game and now the O line are all performing very well. The EWU game was a yardstick. Although a loss it demonstrated we are near the top (on the national level) again and playing with heart. Today's game was damn near perfect. SSH and the running game did all that was asked and more. The Defense was as good as we have ever seen. Hats off to a great job coaches and Griz.
 
I agree, great job, very nice adjustments the last couple of games.

Go griz!!!!
 
Mick was not happy when the interviewed him coming out after halftime, looked like he was trying real hard not to cuss, although he did say crap. Did anyone see him chew Dennard's ass for getting a personal foul, I almost thought he was gonna kick Josh off the field.
 
JayLarson said:
Mick was not happy when the interviewed him coming out after halftime, looked like he was trying real hard not to cuss, although he did say crap. Did anyone see him chew Dennard's ass for getting a personal foul, I almost thought he was gonna kick Josh off the field.

Yeah, the F-bombs were flying. I thought he was going to have a stroke.
 
cclarkblues said:
JayLarson said:
Mick was not happy when the interviewed him coming out after halftime, looked like he was trying real hard not to cuss, although he did say crap. Did anyone see him chew Dennard's ass for getting a personal foul, I almost thought he was gonna kick Josh off the field.

Yeah, the F-bombs were flying. I thought he was going to have a stroke.

Though I hope a stroke is not in the offing, nice to see the staff engaged :lol: :lol: :lol: .
 
cclarkblues said:
JayLarson said:
Mick was not happy when the interviewed him coming out after halftime, looked like he was trying real hard not to cuss, although he did say crap. Did anyone see him chew Dennard's ass for getting a personal foul, I almost thought he was gonna kick Josh off the field.

Yeah, the F-bombs were flying. I thought he was going to have a stroke.

That was great seeing Delaney fired up on the sidelines! I always thought he was the nice guy, but it was great seeing him getting in his player's faces for screwups on the field!
 
Not sure if it was the plan to get Marlon Miles so many carries, but as soon as Nguyen fumbled for a second time he did not get another carry. I hope Mick chewed his ass just as much as he did to Dennard, I see way too much of his older brother out there, and 3 full years of seeing him put the ball on the ground was too much for me. Thank god they don't have him back there as a punt returner.
 
JayLarson said:
Not sure if it was the plan to get Marlon Miles so many carries, but as soon as Nguyen fumbled for a second time he did not get another carry. I hope Mick chewed his ass just as much as he did to Dennard, I see way too much of his older brother out there, and 3 full years of seeing him put the ball on the ground was too much for me. Thank god they don't have him back there as a punt returner.

Ya Peter Nguyen did nothing for us and his fumbles were unforgivable... :roll:
 
The defensive side of the ball has made some very nice strategic and personnel changes the last 2 games. I wonder if they will use some of the strategy SUU used on defense?
 
MTGriz87 said:
JayLarson said:
Not sure if it was the plan to get Marlon Miles so many carries, but as soon as Nguyen fumbled for a second time he did not get another carry. I hope Mick chewed his ass just as much as he did to Dennard, I see way too much of his older brother out there, and 3 full years of seeing him put the ball on the ground was too much for me. Thank god they don't have him back there as a punt returner.

Ya Peter Nguyen did nothing for us and his fumbles were unforgivable... :roll:

Ya, 4 fumbles in total his junior and senior years. Not a big deal in my view.
 
The unsupported biased hate towards Peter Nguyen is so incredible. Everyone thought he fumbled a ton but I would be willing to bet that chase Reynolds fumbled more his senior year than Peter...

He's not a montana player... Gotta hate.
 
MTGriz87 said:
JayLarson said:
Not sure if it was the plan to get Marlon Miles so many carries, but as soon as Nguyen fumbled for a second time he did not get another carry. I hope Mick chewed his ass just as much as he did to Dennard, I see way too much of his older brother out there, and 3 full years of seeing him put the ball on the ground was too much for me. Thank god they don't have him back there as a punt returner.

Ya Peter Nguyen did nothing for us and his fumbles were unforgivable... :roll:

I think I read somewhere an old-timey football coach say, "Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

That being said, Nguyen the Elder's contributions should never be ignored. He was a gamer and an electric running back. I miss seeing hime break ankles.
 
I think as a bit of time has passed, there is some revisionist memory. I don't remember Peter "Win" having fumbling issues when he was running the ball. I remember holding my breath on every punt return because I was worried he was going to muff the punt. The younger "Win" will be fine, just a frosh, and he will learn his lessons.
 
grzz said:
I think as a bit of time has passed, there is some revisionist memory. I don't remember Peter "Win" having fumbling issues when he was running the ball. I remember holding my breath on every punt return because I was worried he was going to muff the punt. The younger "Win" will be fine, just a frosh, and he will learn his lessons.

Agreed. Peter had some issues receiving kicks & punts. Otherwise he was a fabulous back who always ran hard and gained a ton of yards for his teams. His brother John already has been, and is going continue to be, a real asset to his teams. We're fortunate to have these brothers wearing Grizzly uniforms. :ugeek:
 
JayLarson said:
Not sure if it was the plan to get Marlon Miles so many carries, but as soon as Nguyen fumbled for a second time he did not get another carry. I hope Mick chewed his ass just as much as he did to Dennard, I see way too much of his older brother out there, and 3 full years of seeing him put the ball on the ground was too much for me. Thank god they don't have him back there as a punt returner.

And that's too bad. I absolutely LOVE watching Nguyen Jr run. He's the most entertaining back we have besides Van....
 
Buttegrizzle said:
The oft maligned coaching staff has actually had a nice season and has the Griz playing well into the final stretch. Special teams, defense, run game and now the O line are all performing very well. The EWU game was a yardstick. Although a loss it demonstrated we are near the top (on the national level) again and playing with heart. Today's game was damn near perfect. SSH and the running game did all that was asked and more. The Defense was as good as we have ever seen. Hats off to a great job coaches and Griz.
I am not on board yet. We beat a 1-9 team that pretty much rolled over and died after Canada's long run. But before that, we were totally out coached. Had it not been for the rookie QB minimal pressure interceptions, we could have been in a much different game. No question we were going to win, but we have NC caliber players on our team. We should win big and that game should have been over before halftime.
 
Back
Top