• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEZ praise...

GrizBiz

There is a nice article in todays Helena IR about Griz Sophomore linebacker Shane MacIntyre. His comments on the atmosphere at home games, in particular the NEZ, caught my attention:

"The atmosphere of playing here is insane," MacIntyre said. "It gets you fired up. I thought I knew what it was like sitting in the stands my freshman year as a redshirt, but being on the field is totally different. None of the places we've played has an atmosphere like here. In the northern end zone (where the Griz have recently added seating for 4,000 fans), you can't even hear yourself think. The noise just pierces your ears."

Here is the link to the whole article:

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2003/09/24/sports_top/b01092403_01.txt

he also stated that he learned his football at Capital...hmmm maybe teh coaching this year is suspect

Ursus1 said:
he also stated that he learned his football at Capital...hmmm maybe teh coaching this year is suspect

Well I for one am glad that he learned his football from Capital. It would make me suspect of the recruiting if he hadn't learned football from Capital and hadn't played a down before coming to the Griz. Hopefully our recruites have good football backgrounds much before they get here or we definitely need to look at who we recruit. :eek: :D

WE HAVE SEASON TICKETS IN THE "EXPANDED NEZ". IT'S LOUD BUT I DIDN'T THINK REALLY, REALLY LOUD UNTIL I SAT IN THE STUDENTS SECTION DURING END OF 3RD AND BEGINNING OF 4TH QUARTERS OF THE SHSU GAME. WOW!!! NEZ LAND IS EXTREMELY LOUD. WOULD ENJOY BEING ON THE FIELD AT THE 10 YARD LINE IN THE NORTH END OF FIELD AS OPPONENTS ARE TRYING THE SCORE.

Psst Bill,

I'm just going to whisper this to you as an aside...check out GGG's post:

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=1869&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Back