• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New regent nominees?

wbtfg

Well-known member
Aside from Jim O'Day, Robin Pflugrad, Don Read, Dave Dickenson, Colt Anderson, Monte...etc., do you all have any recommendations for people who would be a good replacement for Pat Williams?
 
wbtfg said:
Aside from Jim O'Day, Robin Pflugrad, Don Read, Dave Dickenson, Colt Anderson, Monte...etc., do you all have any recommendations for people who would be a good replacement for Pat Williams?

I don't have any suggestions, but I did get a good chuckle out your post. :lol:
 
wbtfg said:
Aside from Jim O'Day, Robin Pflugrad, Don Read, Dave Dickenson, Colt Anderson, Monte...etc., do you all have any recommendations for people who would be a good replacement for Pat Williams?

Why would the list need to be any longer than that? :cool:
 
maroonandsilver said:
Hal Stearns

Awesome choice!!!! He was a HS teacher of mine. Loves the state, wife was at western for many years. He changed my life and I am a better man for it!!!!!
 
Paytonlives said:
maroonandsilver said:
Hal Stearns

Awesome choice!!!! He was a HS teacher of mine. Loves the state, wife was at western for many years. He changed my life and I am a better man for it!!!!!

She was Commissioner of Higher Ed. until her retirement in 2011:

http://missoulian.com/news/local/sheila-stearns-montana-commissioner-of-higher-education-announces-retirement/article_91bd47cc-8274-11e0-950b-001cc4c002e0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hal would be a great choice.
 
...yours truly... I promise I woild only use my powers for the good of Grizzly Athletics... lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
I know many UM fans will disagree, but John Mercer was a regent who asked for more accountability from higher ed than most. As much as I disliked his criticisms, they were most often proven right. I would take him in a minute.
Bob Brown has always been a guy who understood the need for functional government services. He would do a good job.
It would be great to have someone who would prod Engstrom to come through with at least some of his grand promises like expanded research an commercialization.
 
griz4life said:
I know many UM fans will disagree, but John Mercer was a regent who asked for more accountability from higher ed than most. As much as I disliked his criticisms, they were most often proven right. I would take him in a minute.
Bob Brown has always been a guy who understood the need for functional government services. He would do a good job.
It would be great to have someone who would prod Engstrom to come through with at least some of his grand promises like expanded research an commercialization.

I met Mercer recently, intriguing option, I think he's got some more political aspirations though.

While I don't think it highly matters where their background is from the other two appointed (or about to be appointed) are both from MSU, so someone with either a UM background or even one of the smaller Frontier conference schools would be nice.

Someone had mentioned Hal Stearns earlier - that would be a great choice as well.

If the rumors of Governor Bullock hoping this vote was going to play out like this then I'd assume he probably has a few people in mind already.
 
scottsdalegriz said:
Paytonlives said:
maroonandsilver said:
Hal Stearns

Awesome choice!!!! He was a HS teacher of mine. Loves the state, wife was at western for many years. He changed my life and I am a better man for it!!!!!
So thumbs up, thumps down, or mugwumps???

I think I was a mugwamp just about every day!!!

I was in class the day someone put a penthouse centerfold
(Wink wink) in his projector screen. When he pulled the screen down. He steped back smiled and said "not bad at all" and then slowly put the screen back up.

It was classic!!!!
 
griz4life said:
I know many UM fans will disagree, but John Mercer was a regent who asked for more accountability from higher ed than most. As much as I disliked his criticisms, they were most often proven right. I would take him in a minute.
Bob Brown has always been a guy who understood the need for functional government services. He would do a good job.
It would be great to have someone who would prod Engstrom to come through with at least some of his grand promises like expanded research an commercialization.
Mercer is a good possibility, however I'm all thumbs down on Bob Brown.
 
Hal would be a fantastic choice if he's willing to serve. I think he may have concerns that him being on the BOR would make Clay uncomfortable. I doubt it would, but I think that Hal and Sheila may have that concern.
 
Is Hal Stearns even living in Montana at this time? His wife is President of a school in Nebraska. Seems logical he would be living there not here.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top