• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Commit for 2014

grizfan1984

Gig Harbor (Wash.) wideout Reese Carlson saw his stock rise after a strong junior campaign, so much so that he earned an offer from the University of Montana this offseason.

This week, the 6-foot-4, 215-pounder decided to accept the scholarship offer, and verbally committed to the Grizzlies.

”The past success at Montana is what drew me initially. They are almost always competing for the Big Sky championship. Once I walked around the campus and saw the football facilities I was even more impressed,” Carlson told NEI following his commitment.

”I’ve been to other schools and their camps, and didn’t quite fall in love like I did at Montana. I felt like Montana was where the Lord wanted me to be and my family thought so too,” he added.

Carlson is a gym rat – the type of kid that just loves to be around sports and loves to be putting in work. So naturally, that aspect of the atmosphere at Montana factored greatly into his decision. “Montana feels like they always have to be the hardest working team in the weight room year-round, and that’s something I’ve tried to do myself – to is succeed in the offseason when others think they can relax and take a day off,” he says.

Carlson caught 32 passes for 700 yards and 7 TD’s last season, earning 2nd team all-league honors along the way.

Now with recruiting in his rearview mirror, Carlson can focus on his upcoming senior season at Gig Harbor. “I feel so blessed to be in the position I’m in right now. It feels really good to be done with the recruiting process this early. I only have to worry about winning games this year and enjoying it all with my teammates. I feel like we have a special team this year and can’t wait for O’dea.”

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFRD4fXAAOE[/youtube]

Some of his fellow teammates don't seem to be all that bad, either: < http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2013/05/06/gig-harbor-tides2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He looks slow.

Can't find his 100m time, and 40s are a myth. Read he lost a race to Billy Smith in 3rd grade.

Not impressed.

I doubt he's really 6'4". Probably wearing stilts.

Jesus guys, be objective for once. :coffee:

uofmman1122 said:
He looks slow.

Can't find his 100m time, and 40s are a myth. Read he lost a race to Billy Smith in 3rd grade.

Not impressed.

Thanks, getgrizzly. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
He looks slow.

Not impressed.

Thanks, getgrizzly. :lol:
:lol:

In all seriousness, he looks like a good get, assuming he sticks with his commitment and doesn't get any other bigger offers.

Runs great routes, has good hands, and looks decently fast. I'm a big fan of the fast, tall wide receivers. :thumb:

(Disclaimer - Doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the smaller, quicker WRs the Griz have had success with in the past. No need to jump on me with "So you hate Mariani?!" posts again. :lol: )

uofmman1122 said:
He looks slow.

Not impressed.

I think this is pretty accurate, if you compare him to our recruiting classes of late,,,looks like a tight end to me, if he gains the weight needed....all our wide outs are much quicker than this guy.....I do like his attitude and work ethic.....I hope he turns out to be an all time great as a griz....just sayin...

some highlights http://www.hudl.com/athlete/508783/highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

uofmman1122 said:
He looks slow.

Not impressed.

he runs a 4.72 40 as the video says and it looks like it wasn't run electronically. do you think 4.72 handheld is fast? btw the conversation where i said our wrs are slow has not been responded to. it's in the football101 for getgrizzy thread. please go there and educate me. :lol:

Montana has had success with Gig Harbor student athletes. Welcome to Griz nation, Reese. Watch out for trolls.

the burke kid from billings central is about same size, faster and runs better routes ,,,,he is buried in the depth chart of our current receivers.....we must be loaded at that position....

4.7, good height, and size. Me thinks (I know I am using improper English, BTW) he will be converted to TE. Welcome to GRIZ NATION to the Carlson's.

mtgrizrule said:
4.7, good height, and size. Me thinks he will be converted to TE. Welcome to GRIZ NATION to the Carlson's.

On the second link I found it was stated that...'Reese Carlson...was selected as one of the WR MVP's on the day with triple digit kids in attendance.'

I don't know anything about the Combine held 28 April 2013 at Issaquah. But being it was held in the State of Washington with triple digit kids in attendance they must have had a pretty large gathering of high school kids from across the entire State and of all classes. So I'm reading it like he's one of the top WRs from the state. Sounds encouraging to me. Especially with his having one more year of high school football to campaign through before he actually signs a LOI and attends Griz fall camp. Hope he has a very good year.

Back