• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New 6,000 Seat Arena for Sac State!

Kadeezy

Yesterday, a vote finalized a fee increase to build the arena/events center Sac State students voted for in 2004. When the bubble burst it delayed the project as funding dried up. However, in 2014 construction will officially begin on a state of the art facility that will surely be the toast of the Big Sky... Watch out Dee and Dahlberg!!! Now, if we could improve the product on the court.... :)

http://unionwellinc.org/expansion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kadeezy said:
Yesterday, a vote finalized a fee increase to build the arena/events center Sac State students voted for in 2004. When the bubble burst it delayed the project as funding dried up. However, in 2014 construction will officially begin on a state of the art facility that will surely be the toast of the Big Sky... Watch out Dee and Dahlberg!!! Now, if we could improve the product on the court.... :)

http://unionwellinc.org/expansion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good for Sac state it is clearly an upgrade from what they have now. :thumb:

-MiningCityGriz- said:
Kadeezy said:

Good for Sac state it is clearly an upgrade from what they have now. :thumb:

What we have now is an embarrassment to DI!!!

weber last year averaged 6600 in attendance, their best figure in years. as beautiful as the dee is--and it's a fabulous arena, a huge plus for the big sky--i don't think you need that capacity in the big sky. six, seven thousand is about right. even gonzaga only seats 6000.

I meant to imply that the whole package will challenge for best arena in the SKY. It'll be 40 years newer than Dee (granted half the side), but it's slated to have beatiful HD screens, wi-fi, all-new amenities, a movie theater, bowling alley, and more.

The initial drawings look a lot like what they've got at Gonzaga. Luxury boxes, techonology, great sightlines...

citay said:
weber last year averaged 6600 in attendance, their best figure in years. as beautiful as the dee is--and it's a fabulous arena, a huge plus for the big sky--i don't think you need that capacity in the big sky. six, seven thousand is about right. even gonzaga only seats 6000.

When the Dee was first built the place was close to selling out on game to game basis, and now for instate games we average around 10,000, and our game vs ECU last year had close to 11,000. It's one of those "we dont fill it every game, but we have it if we need it" kind of things. :thumb:

Reguardless this is great news for Sac :clap:

That is a game changer imo. Not sure they will get much in the way of attendance for a few years, but recruiting will benefit, and they have a good coach in place.

some places just don't get fan support. case in point, NAU has the best FB team they have had in years, and they get 5,000 for their last home game, that is pathetic.

Grizbacker1 said:
That is a game changer imo. Not sure they will get much in the way of attendance for a few years, but recruiting will benefit, and they have a good coach in place.

some places just don't get fan support. case in point, NAU has the best FB team they have had in years, and they get 5,000 for their last home game, that is pathetic.
Why do you think NAU gets so little support? Flagstaff is far enough from U of A and ASU, it seems to me, that people should turn out to support the local team. I definitely would go to their games, if I lived there [even if I wasn't actually rooting for the 'Jacks - :)].

'68griz said:
Grizbacker1 said:

Why do you think NAU gets so little support? Flagstaff is far enough from U of A and ASU, it seems to me, that people should turn out to support the local team. I definitely would go to their games, if I lived there [even if I wasn't actually rooting for the 'Jacks - :)].

No idea. I have been to Flag several times and they did a nice job on the remodel of the Skydome. It sure can't be the ticket prices, maybe people just have a life that doesn't include the Jacks.

Back