• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nebraska Spring Game Video

BWahlberg

DONOR
This is blowing up via social media but I figured I'd share it here as well, cool video. This is a 7 year old boy who is a brain cancer patient.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmisv1Spck[/youtube]

Brought tears to my eyes. Powerful stuff. Why doesnt the good get main stream news? Have to rely on social media to see this.

ordigger said:
Brought tears to my eyes. Powerful stuff. Why doesnt the good get main stream news? Have to rely on social media to see this.

It did, I seen it on the late night Sportscenter 10 times over a few hours. It was worthy of the Play of the Day award it received. This does not surprise me, coming from the Huskers. I have said it many time, this is the best BCS team and fan base relationship in the Nation.

Thank you Nebraska for shining the brightest light possible for college football. God Bless this boy and his family.

The kid has great peripheral vision. Not a lot of runners would have recognized that the D had packed the box and the best move was to cut back and take it outside!

But seriously, some souls are dealt a very tough hand and bless the Huskers for giving this young guy some thing to remember. May it speed him on his way to recovery.

Its a good thing this kid did this at Nebraska so everyone can enjoy the video.

Delaney would have made sure this video was never shot.....let alone seen............................

As the guy said...goose bumps! Nice work Nebraska! Never really been a fan of them, but they just vaulted up my "tolerable" list for sure!

I'm not a big Nebraska fan, but the program has always had my respect for being a class act. And that respect, for the players and everyone involved in putting that kid out on the field, just shot up a whole lot more.

I am now a Nebraska fan.

Looked like #21 on the white team pulled a hammy about the 20 yard line. :lol:

I got to Offutt AFB in Fall of 89. The only football I really knew well was BSC and Pac 10 football at the time. I had seen Nebraska many times on TV, and always loved what I see, but could never root for them against any team more west than Nebraska. At the time, the Washington Huskies were a national championship contender, and my preferred BCS team to root for. When I 1st got there, everybody asked me if I liked the Huskers, I told everyone, they are ok, but not a fan.

I heard over and over, give it 1 to 2 years and their fans would win me over. Well they were wrong. It only took me 2 weeks of watching Husker games with Husker Nation to win me over. Next to the GRIZ, they are my favorite college program, ever since fall of 89. 10 years of living in the heart of Husker Nation was a joy. Now that my relationship with my GF is getting really serious, it looks like come this summer, Guess who will likely be moving back there? I would prefer it be Missoula, but due to a legal battle for her kids, Nebraska it will be.

Either way, I am always surrounded by the best fans in the nation in Husker and GRIZ fans. God knows, I will win a lot of Husker fans over to being GRIZ fans too come playoff time. I did before, and will again.

mtgrizrule said:
I got to Offutt AFB in Fall of 89. The only football I really knew well was BSC and Pac 10 football at the time. I had seen Nebraska many times on TV, and always loved what I see, but could never root for them against any team more west than Nebraska. At the time, the Washington Huskies were a national championship contender, and my preferred BCS team to root for. When I 1st got there, everybody asked me if I liked the Huskers, I told everyone, they are ok, but not a fan.

I heard over and over, give it 1 to 2 years and their fans would win me over. Well they were wrong. It only took me 2 weeks of watching Husker games with Husker Nation to win me over. Next to the GRIZ, they are my favorite college program, ever since fall of 89. 10 years of living in the heart of Husker Nation was a joy. Now that my relationship with my GF is getting really serious, it looks like come this summer, Guess who will likely be moving back there? I would prefer it be Missoula, but due to a legal battle for her kids, Nebraska it will be.

Either way, I am always surrounded by the best fans in the nation in Husker and GRIZ fans. God knows, I will win a lot of Husker fans over to being GRIZ fans too come playoff time. I did before, and will again.

To leave Missoula this better be your girlfriend on the left...
nebraska-cornhuskers-and-big-bang-theory-gallery.jpg

gah-riz said:
mtgrizrule said:

To leave Missoula this better be your girlfriend on the left...
nebraska-cornhuskers-and-big-bang-theory-gallery.jpg

Well she is a Husker fan, she is blonde. She is hot, and a cougar. No complaints, doubts, or reservations on my part. :thumb:

May the Black shirts rise again! I'll take the option over the pistol any day! They made that littleman's day! :D

tear dispersing at the least, heart warming at its best.......thanks for posting Brint

The kid can run. When he started left, he knew he was in trouble. He then looked right for help (and got some from the qb, who probably hadn't given him the play correctly). He then cut back right, picked up blockers, and hit the developing hole hard, fast and straight. Followed his blockers, and then outpaced them for the TD. Ran all 69 yards for the goal line, then slowed after he passed the goal line. Once he found the hole, he never looked back. Never slowed down. Hope the kid makes it thru his cancer. He'll be a player some day, a good one. Got the deserved the carried off field on shoulders of teammates. Again, this kid can run. Great idea and video. Kudos to Nebraska.

Back