• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA ruling

LDopaPDX

Not trying to troll your board, just coming to ask if Montana has rec'd a date when their NCAA investigation will be over. Is there any word on penalties?

I'd have to assume now is as good a time as ever for a ruling, given that Oregon essentially got away with blatant cheating via pay-for-play recruiting and only received a bare minimum penalty. I'd think no one within the NCAA could conceivably throw the book at the Griz after letting such a serious infraction go almost completely unpunished.

As of yet, there's no official date for a ruling to be released by the NCAA. Should be coming fairly soon though.

I'd think no one within the NCAA could conceivably throw the book at the Griz after letting such a serious infraction go almost completely unpunished.

Clearly you haven't paid attention to the ncaa recently. :cool:

LDopaPDX said:
I'd think no one within the NCAA could conceivably throw the book at the Griz after letting such a serious infraction go almost completely unpunished.

You apparently are unfamiliar with how the NCAA operates.

lost_soul said:
LDopaPDX said:

You apparently are unfamiliar with how the NCAA operates.

We at EWU are most definitely aware ... See and contrast our penalties in 2009 vs Florida State University's penalties in 2009 for widespread academic fraud! You're right to not be complacent but the NCAA compliance arm is under a lot more scrutiny right now so that may help you out.

LDopaPDX said:
Not trying to troll your board, just coming to ask if Montana has rec'd a date when their NCAA investigation will be over. Is there any word on penalties?

I'd have to assume now is as good a time as ever for a ruling, given that Oregon essentially got away with blatant cheating via pay-for-play recruiting and only received a bare minimum penalty. I'd think no one within the NCAA could conceivably throw the book at the Griz after letting such a serious infraction go almost completely unpunished.

That's not true, though. No Oregon players received illegal benefits from the school and/or boosters. I think best-case for UM are Boise State-type sanctions. No postseason ban, lose some scholarships, go on probation.

Copper Griz said:
wbtfg said:
Copper Griz said:
wbtfg said:
Have the infractions been reported?

No. MSU's infractions have not been reported yet. Emphasis on yet.

Did ncaa investigate msu? I must've missef that

Ask a smart ass question, get a smart ass answer. Don't get holier than thou. Every program eventually has their day.
I don't think wbtfg was trying to be a smart ass. I'm curious as to the infractions, as I'm sure many others are.

Yeah.. I honestly dont know what the reported infractions are. Ive heard lots of rumors, but dont know what the ncaa has actually discovered and is basing the decision on.

wbtfg said:
Yeah.. I honestly dont know what the reported infractions are. Ive heard lots of rumors, but dont know what the ncaa has actually discovered and is basing the decision on.
at a minimum the infractions include gifts, favors, perks from staff, family and boosters. there are at least four separate instances. those instances show a lack of compliance in informing staff, players, boosters and families, which could be a major infraction. as i said earlier i think these are secondary, but considering all the different areas they encompass it could point to a major infraction. by themselves they're secondary, but the wide range probably makes for a major violation.

wbtfg said:
Copper Griz said:
wbtfg said:

I believe every program in the US has a few minor issues.
Had we switched presidents, newspapers and police (Missoula vs Bozeman) a couple of years ago, then I feel there is no investigation in Missoula. We just happen to have the perfect storm of self serving people with bad agendas in Missoula

Had the Bozeman newspaper had a Gwen Floria and supporting cast, then there is a much greater chance something would have made the news in Boz that was not favorable. Not saying there is, but if there were a jilted girl friend of a cat FB player out there, Gwen would have found her and exposed her everyway possible. Irresponsible reporters with agendas can have that much power.

NativeGriz said:
wbtfg said:
Copper Griz said:
wbtfg said:

I believe every program in the US has a few minor issues.
Had we switched presidents, newspapers and police (Missoula vs Bozeman) a couple of years ago, then I feel there is no investigation in Missoula. We just happen to have the perfect storm of self serving people with bad agendas in Missoula

Had the Bozeman newspaper had a Gwen Floria and supporting cast, then there is a much greater chance something would have made the news in Boz that was not favorable. Not saying there is, but if there were a jilted girl friend of a cat FB player out there, Gwen would have found her and exposed her everyway possible. Irresponsible reporters with agendas can have that much power.

We've lived through some dark times... too many arrests, too much of the administration not doing anything about it, that gets you plastered all over the national media, Sports Illustrated, etc. It's the volume, # of arrests you guys have had, and the administration seemingly not doing enough to change the culture that has you in a sling.

MSEuliss has had a fair share of arrests the last few years but they have not been publicized and prosecuted by the Bozo Chronical the way the Missoulian has.

I have to think that every other AD in the conference is thinking, "there but by the grace of God go I" over this deal.

Im not to worried, if they are taking this long to wrap up the investigation they must really be looking hard for any sort of wrong doing. Granted I have no idea what im talking about, I haven't seen many NCAA sanctions play out in my day. I usually just witness the aftermath. I recall the Duck's being investigated but nothing ever came of that, which is my only reference in that regard.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
MSEuliss has had a fair share of arrests the last few years but they have not been publicized and prosecuted by the Bozo Chronical the way the Missoulian has.

Mmmm. **Sniff sniff** The fine whine of eGriz.

Poor gwizzlies. Always getting picked on for no reason.

Love it. Good stuff. Keep serving it up cuz I'll read it all day long.

GavinDonuts said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:

Mmmm. **Sniff sniff** The fine whine of eGriz.

Poor gwizzlies. Always getting picked on for no reason.

Love it. Good stuff. Keep serving it up cuz I'll read it all day long.

Ha ha, No sheeite!! Let's keep pretending that MSU has had anywhere NEAR the # of arrests, run ins with the law over the past few years. Like I said... We went through a dark era, but that was like a decade ago. You'd be hard pressed to find any football program in the country with the same track record as UM over the past few years, regarding players getting arrested.

Back