• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU vs SMU

WaGriz4life

Cats only 10 point underdogs, so Vegas thinks they have a good shot at winning.

Anyone think they have a chance?

Unpopular as it will be with some of you, the Cats have a GREAT chance. SMU struggled last week and lost two starters to season-ending injuries. Second, why would anybody be surprised by the Cats winning this week after the roll the FCS is on? I think MSU is plenty good enough to win this game.

Agreed, it wouldn't shock me at all to see the cats win. This isn't exactly Eric Dickerson's SMU team anymore. They are beatable, and we would all say the same if the Griz were playing SMU instead.

havgrizfan said:
Unpopular as it will be with some of you, the Cats have a GREAT chance. SMU struggled last week and lost two starters to season-ending injuries. Second, why would anybody be surprised by the Cats winning this week after the roll the FCS is on? I think MSU is plenty good enough to win this game.

Agreed, Cats have a solid team and stand a great chance to win this. The FCS apocalypse continues for the FBS this week.

All I can say is they damn well better win unless they want to be touted as over-rated......again...

#1 NDSU beats #26 Kansas St
#3 Eastern beats #25 Oregon St

#2 MSU plays #90 something SMU

Don't choke again kitties.

I may tune in on ESPN3 for at least while. If I am not mistaken, the game is a chance for several MSU players to play near their homes, so I expect the Bobcats to be fired up and ready to go. And yes, I think MSU has a very solid chance to come away with a victory.

Having a close friend who knows more about football than most, and lives in the Dallas area, told me how bad SMU looked in Spring and early practices and it was painful to watch them last week. I think MSU can win this easily. But, I expect pride will keep SMU in the game. It will be very hot and humid and that might not seem bad, but that is what beat UM playing at McNeese. MSU 24 SMU 14.

If the cats can't beat a really shitty smu team, who can they beat?

I'd say a loss may just put the bobs in a yearlong tailspin that has them out of the playoff picture by the end of Oct. and anything short of a blowout win means there's a bad moon rising over bozeman. Ash and his chickenshit buy out scheme of the NDSU game is gonna bite 'em in the ass. Poor bobcats.

Cats have a decent to good chance to win. But I don't think they will. I'd say the 10 point spread is pretty accurate.

The bobcats can win this game. I watched the MSU game and this year's cats have talent and are playing with purpose. They looked very good against Monmouth yet it was apparent their opponent was a very poor measuring stick to gauge where the cats are at. I also watched the SMU game. While they had a few good plays, overall these Mustangs made a ton of mistakes on both sides of the ball. Yet Southern Methodist is not Monmouth and Montana State is not Texas Tech.

The result is the bobcats lose in Dallas. The size/speed/talent differential in this week's opponent is all up by a factor of 10 fold. The increased speed alone will cut MSU's offensive output in half. Combine that handicap with the cats tendency to blow big games (besides the playoffs, most recently think of the WA State choke which was in the bag for them) and the final won't be close.

The cats can win this game, and I hope they do!
Yet I don't see it happening unless they hold SMU to 17 or less. :ugeek:

pussycatkillerz said:
All I can say is they damn well better win unless they want to be touted as over-rated......again...

#1 NDSU beats #26 Kansas St
#3 Eastern beats #25 Oregon St

#2 MSU plays #90 something SMU

Don't choke again kitties.
I wouldn't call it a choke, but your point is well taken. I watched SMU along with the NDSU at Wildwings in zoo town. SMU is NOT a fast FBS football team. The scats need to not turn over the football. But yes, if they get rolled it will look bad. :egriz:

Could the Cats win oh yes, will they no. I think we see the Cats melt down a bit at SMU. High national ranking, big win over Monmouth, maybe a big head going into the game.

Also remember a few years ago how that hot Texas weather just killed the Griz when we played Sam Houston! I know the Cats have some Texas kids that may be used to that but a vast majority of that team will be affected by that heat and humidity.

I say we see this. Close game up to half time but after half that heat etc gets to the Cats.

SMU 35
MSU 20 (17 points in first half)

I think SMU will be focused on this game and have in mind last weeks upsets of FCS over FBS schools. You know darn well SMU coaching staff will drive that point home this week.

OrgonGriz said:
Could the Cats win oh yes, will they no. I think we see the Cats melt down a bit at SMU. High national ranking, big win over Monmouth, maybe a big head going into the game.

Also remember a few years ago how that hot Texas weather just killed the Griz when we played Sam Houston! I know the Cats have some Texas kids that may be used to that but a vast majority of that team will be affected by that heat and humidity.

I say we see this. Close game up to half time but after half that heat etc gets to the Cats.

SMU 35
MSU 20 (17 points in first half)

I think SMU will be focused on this game and have in mind last weeks upsets of FCS over FBS schools. You know darn well SMU coaching staff will drive that point home this week.

This. CATS make it close for 3 quarters but humidty/heat gets them in the 4th and SMU pulls away.

Back