• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mr. Wahlberg goes to Helena UPDATED w/post comments

BWahlberg

DONOR
I'm off to Helena today, wish me luck.

I've been forewarned that I'll be vastly outnumbered and I even got an email last night from some unknown account saying they're going to make things very uncomfortable for me today. But that's not going to scare me away from giving voice to the people that have signed this petition and to speak on behalf of the players and the parents who were unfairly called thugs by Pat Williams.

The hearing is today at 3pm, if you're in or near Helena feel free to come over.

UPDATE follow up comments and thoughts: http://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61525&p=859448#p859448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

take names and kick some ass BW! Sure wish I could be there with you instead of driving the damn desk! Updates are required!

Well, since I'm trying to sell my home and you seem to be in the biz Brint, while you're there, see if you can work on the legislature to take out the 3.8% tax on home sales that is hidden in, and goes to, Obamacare. "Ya gotta pass it before you know what's in it!" :eek:ff:

Share those threats with the committee. You don't have to spend your speaking time on them. Just mention the pressure you're under and then hand out printed copies to everyone on the committee so they're entered into the record. This is exactly the kind of vindictive crap the Senate needs to hear about.

Grizmayor said:
Well, since I'm trying to sell my home and you seem to be in the biz Brint, while you're there, see if you can work on the legislature to take out the 3.8% tax on home sales that is hidden in, and goes to, Obamacare. "Ya gotta pass it before you know what's in it!" :eek:ff:

Sure can, in fact that 3.8% isn't true. It's applied only to a select amount of investment properties or houses where capital gains taxes apply.

Didn't even need to talk to Helena about fixing that for ya Mayor!

http://www.houselogic.com/home-advice/taxes-incentives/sales-tax-home-sales/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So when does the 3.8% tax kick in?
It only applies to home sale profits:
If the profit exceeds the $500,000/$250,000 exclusion.
When the portion of the profit above $500,000/$250,000 causes the seller’s AGI to exceed the threshold amounts.
Let’s say a couple has an AGI of $325,000 and sells their home at a $525,000 profit (not sale proceeds, but profit). $500,000 of that gain is excluded; the $25,000 isn’t, and raises their AGI to $350,000.

The couple’s revised AGI exceeds the $250,000 threshold for joint filers by $100,000. That’s more than the amount of their taxable gain ($25,000). So the 3.8% is applied to the smaller of these two amounts. They owe a surtax of $950 ($25,000 x 3.8%).

Of course, other tax issues could come into play in your own situation, so consult a tax attorney.

And if you’re subject to this tax, gather documents that will help you lower your capital gains hit over the years — for instance, documents noting settlement or closing costs, such as title insurance and legal fees; and improvements, such as adding a room or paving a driveway. Routine repairs or maintenance, such as painting or papering a room or replacing a broken window pane, don’t count because they don’t add to the home’s value.

The surtax, included in the law to offset the costs of healthcare reform, is expected to generate $325 billion over eight years.

This article provides general information about tax laws and consequences, but shouldn’t be relied on as tax or legal advice applicable to particular transactions or circumstances. Consult a tax professional for such advice.

Read more: http://www.houselogic.com/home-advice/taxes-incentives/sales-tax-home-sales/#ixzz2O6B2wFJo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWahlberg said:
I'm off to Helena today, wish me luck.

I've been forewarned that I'll be vastly outnumbered and I even got an email last night from some unknown account saying they're going to make things very uncomfortable for me today. But that's not going to scare me away from giving voice to the people that have signed this petition and to speak on behalf of the players and the parents who were unfairly called thugs by Pat Williams.

The hearing is today at 3pm, if you're in or near Helena feel free to come over.

Jimmy Stewart prevailed in "Mr Smith Goes to Washington." Hoping you'll have the same good fortune.

griz4life said:
Share those threats with the committee. You don't have to spend your speaking time on them. Just mention the pressure you're under and then hand out printed copies to everyone on the committee so they're entered into the record. This is exactly the kind of vindictive crap the Senate needs to hear about.
Sounds like 2Pat has some thugs in his crew.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Thanks BW for being the voice for those of us that can't be there. Be yourself and give Give em hell, integrity always outshines ignorance!

Tell Llew Jones hi for me and thanks for all the help coming through the Conrad wrestling program. Also, tell the people that are going to make you very uncomfortable that the back seat of a volkswagon is not going to stop you...

Good luck Brint. Don't let the PW henchmen intimidate you by any means. Don't let anyone or anything distract you. Stay focused! :thumb:

b/w, you are a true gentleman and scholar....thank you for going above and beyond for griz nation...

Latest posts

Back