• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Move up?... John L Smith moves down...

Ft. Lewis may be Fullerton's next Big Sky Conference addition and they hired Smith to prepare them. Ft Lewis will do well in the community college conference as they are rivals with Northern Colorado and Southern Utah.
 
The way he stuckit to weber after they threw him a life raft nobody else was going to take any chance with this guy
 
Link to todays Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_23071155/john-l-smith-brings-big-time-coaching-experience" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
billings_poke said:
The way he stuckit to weber after they threw him a life raft nobody else was going to take any chance with this guy

How much you suppose he made for that moral collapse? :lol:
 
AZGrizFan said:
billings_poke said:
The way he stuckit to weber after they threw him a life raft nobody else was going to take any chance with this guy

How much you suppose he made for that moral collapse? :lol:

In fact he is flat broke and it didn't matter what he got paid last year. He is losing it all

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/2/12/3982024/john-l-smith-arkansas-bankruptcy-fraud" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And he will not get another solid offer anytime soon that was at least on a par with Weber.
 
Here is a story on the money fiasco:

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_23071154/john-l-smith-prefers-focus-football-not-financial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not a pretty picture.
 
Spanky said:
Ft. Lewis may be Fullerton's next Big Sky Conference addition and they hired Smith to prepare them. Ft Lewis will do well in the community college conference as they are rivals with Northern Colorado and Southern Utah.
And to think there are posters here who think you are joking.....
 
Here's a quote from Smith in that Denver article: "Here are kids, most of whom aren't getting a full scholarship, that are there to play for the love of the game and to get an education." Isn't that what college football is all about? That it now isn't is what's wrong w/ this game. Maybe Smith is rationalizing, but he spoke the truth. :ugeek:
 
Grizzoola said:
Here's a quote from Smith in that Denver article: "Here are kids, most of whom aren't getting a full scholarship, that are there to play for the love of the game and to get an education." Isn't that what college football is all about? That it now isn't is what's wrong w/ this game. Maybe Smith is rationalizing, but he spoke the truth. :ugeek:
He was rationalizing a little differently when left Weber (with a lot of partials) hanging to bolt for Arkansas and their 85 full rides.
 
kemajic said:
Grizzoola said:
Here's a quote from Smith in that Denver article: "Here are kids, most of whom aren't getting a full scholarship, that are there to play for the love of the game and to get an education." Isn't that what college football is all about? That it now isn't is what's wrong w/ this game. Maybe Smith is rationalizing, but he spoke the truth. :ugeek:
He was rationalizing a little differently when left Weber (with a lot of partials) hanging to bolt for Arkansas and their 85 full rides.

+1 Nice work Kem!
 
kemajic said:
Grizzoola said:
Here's a quote from Smith in that Denver article: "Here are kids, most of whom aren't getting a full scholarship, that are there to play for the love of the game and to get an education." Isn't that what college football is all about? That it now isn't is what's wrong w/ this game. Maybe Smith is rationalizing, but he spoke the truth. :ugeek:
He was rationalizing a little differently when left Weber (with a lot of partials) hanging to bolt for Arkansas and their 85 full rides.
I don't care if/how Smith rationalizes anything. He said something that is true at its core: love of the game and getting an education. College football & fans have corrupted what college football should be about, concentrating on W/Ls, money, big facilities, star players bound for the NFL, NCs, etc. No, I don't yearn for the days when the Griz were doormats of the conference. I like a positive W/L record. I get excited when the Griz are in the playoffs, but it really boils down to watching/playing good football at an affordable price.

College football remains popular w/ smaller schools in smaller divisions, many never making playoffs, let alone NCs. Yet, every year teams are fielded, rivalries renewed, fans as excited, as ever. It's about football and getting a good education for the athletes & entertainment and excitement for the fans. It's just another college activity, in balance w/ the rest of the school's mission. Maybe what's happened to Smith has finally made him realize what college football is all about. Whether he meant it or not, Smith spoke the truth.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top