• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Moss, Sporting Network

CaliLumber

From his "Third and Long" article.....

"Souers served as an assistant at Montana from 1986 through 1997, but has not figured out a way to take down his former employer since becoming NAU head coach in 1998, going 0-5 since taking the helm. There will be no more "oh-fer" for Souers after Saturday. Northern Arizona will be both angry and well-prepared coming into this game, and it also appears that the Lumberjacks have the talent to defeat the Grizzlies this time around. Look for UM to keep it close on the strength of its defense, but ultimately fall. Northern Arizona by a field goal."

I think we win by more then three...... Hell, I thought we would beat MSU by 13+, so what do I know.

If it comes down to special teams, Griz win it.. cuz your kicker sucks ass... you've said so yourself.

The Grizzlies will win. The team knows the playoffs started for them last week. NAU has little tradition and no guts. The Griz will grind it out as usual. NAU will lose their next game as well because the grizzlies tend to take the stuffings out of their opponents. Proof of this is in ISU's improbable loss to Weber.

Here is another pre-game prediction:

http://www.columbia.edu/~ebg6/football/preview.html

#10 MONTANA AT #15 NORTHERN ARIZONA
The Big Sky Conference standings show Northern Arizona in first place this week, but in reality, this game is a must-win for the Lumberjacks' playoff hopes. A No. 15 ranking in the Sports Network/CSTV poll won't impress the selection committee, and with a loss to Montana State last weekend, they don't hold any tiebreakers against the other teams competing for the automatic berth. An NAU loss would drop them from first place down to a tie with Idaho State for third (pending the Bengals' game against Portland State) and probably down to the mid-20's in the polls. Montana, which seemed to get it's season back on track following their still-shocking 25-24 loss to North Dakota State in Week 2, lost two weeks ago to the aforementioned Idaho State, 43-40 in 2OT, to put a slight damper on their playoff chances. Not only do the Grizzlies have this week's game against NAU, but they end their season with their big rivalry game against Montana State, a road game this year. The prospect of having to beat Montana State -- who seems to be putting together another late-season surge -- just to make the playoffs this year should provide great motivation for the Griz. Statistically these teams match up pretty evenly in the major categories of scoring offense and scoring defense, while Montana has the top rushing offense in the conference, NAU has the best rushing defense. In fact, NAU is slightly better than Montana in rushing defense, total defense and scoring defense, though most of the disparity probably comes from Montana's game against Idaho State. When the chips are down, it's hard to pick against the Grizzlies, though I did it in the Idaho State game and was right, I still hesitate to pick against them. Jerome Souers, who was an assistant at Montana from 1986 to 1997 is (0-5) against Montana since taking the reins at NAU. I think his losing streak will continue as Montana puts a hurting on the Lumberjacks' playoff chances.

Moss picked the Griz over the Bengals, and if I remember correctly he picked the Jacks over the pussycats. Hope CaliLumber puts his house on the Moss pick in the Big Sky this week. Go Griz!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back