• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana vs. Sam Houston State predictions

Jimus

It's not too early. This way the divided Griz fan base can debate for a few days what to expect next week. Well I'll start.

Montana 27
Sam Houston State 13

This will be an unspectacular game. Just what we need. People will generally start to feel a lot better. Offense gets some good work done on quality drives without really impressing anyone. Defense spends a lot less time on the field, so they'll do their job and won't wear down late. Coaches keep us attacking on both sides of the ball and continue to fight with the lead and keep momentum. Attendence will be listed as a sellout, but there'll be 5,000 no-shows who later feel stupid for not going.

I hope Griz win against Sam Houston State, and I'll guess and predict 27-21, but I much more confident in predicting that despite a victory Griz fans will be critical and angry and upset with coaches, players, team, weather, ...., coaches, each other...., coaches....coaches....

Jimus said:
It's not too early. This way the divided Griz fan base can debate for a few days what to expect next week. Well I'll start.

Montana 27
Sam Houston State 13

This will be an unspectacular game. Just what we need. People will generally start to feel a lot better. Offense gets some good work done on quality drives without really impressing anyone. Defense spends a lot less time on the field, so they'll do their job and won't wear down late. Coaches keep us attacking on both sides of the ball and continue to fight with the lead and keep momentum. Attendence will be listed as a sellout, but there'll be 5,000 no-shows who later feel stupid for not going.

Hopefully our fans are better than that. I predict a full house and a 27-10 Montana victory. Get it rolling again. I think they learned a valuable lesson about becoming lackadaisical. Play two halves to every game for the rest of the season, and we win many more than we lose.

No coment on the game, except we win. I think the fans will still be there. The temps are supposed to be in the high 60's low 70's instead of 90's. Good for fans and the team.

SHS beat a very good Midwestern State (Div. II) 30-9. Midwestern is picked to finish second behind Texas A&M Kingsville in their league.

I am going out on the limb and saying the Coaches prepare the game plan and players better this week and we play well.

Montana 30
Sam Houston 17

First off, all I can say at this point is that there are A LOT of fans in Bearkat country who are in SHOCK regarding your loss this weekend.

Second, we played a D-II school as well (Midwestern State), and to tell you the truth, there were more negatives than positives in a game in which we won 30-9.

Third, my girlfriend and I are making the trip to Mizzou for the game! We were there in 2001 for our playoff game, and have looked forward to attending this game since our schedule was announced this past Spring.

Feel free to stop by our board this week. Here is a link:http://www.bearkatsportsforum.com

I am going out on a limb here, and maybe this is just my heart talking and my serious hope that Hacuk and crew know what they are doing, but I predict that we shut them out. Everyone steps up, the embarassment motivates and we win 35-0, atleast we shut them out while it still matters. I will probably be wrong about that shutout, but oh well, faith.

Oh what the HELL.....

Griz 59

SHS 2

PS.....nobody has talked about How MAine kicked the Crap outta Hofstra at Hofstra. Using simple math NDSU would beat Hofstra by at least 34 points. Maybe NDSU should join the A-10.

Oh thank God! I though you were all going to rip me aprat for that, at least someone is is taking the chance with me.

I predict the Griz will bounce back and win this.

Ronbo created a thread about the NDSU loss being an embarrassment to a fine program. Trouble is a fine program just may have crumbled and never make it back.

What he was wrong is that this program is a GREAT program, and will bounce back.

But, I do predict things on offense to be a little dicey. I still say Disney has improved from game 1, but like I said in a different thread, there are just some things that cannot be corrected over night. Game experience will help a long way in his development, and I see this game as another one where he improves. Sure we will see him miss some open receivers. This game he will hit some of those receivers. But he does need to hit receivers more consistently in the second half as he has in the first half.

Also, I hope to see better performance on the offensive line. This would really be a plus in getting more time for Disney to find the open receiver. But more importantly get our running game going. Running game will improve if Lex Hilliard gets more reps. Guarrantee it.

And most importantly, I predict better defense. There may be some let down during the game, but it will be better for more than just a half this game.

Final Score
UM 27
SHS 24

won by a last minute field goal by Chris Snyder.
How is that for positive thinking?

Sam Houston 21, Griz 10. Sorry, and I honestly hope you rebound and get a "W" before Taking on Idaho, but I don't see it happening - not with what the players have to be going through without quality coaching in there to change the mindset. If Glenn was still at the helm(For all the Glenn-bashing Griz fans), you'd pull it off, but not with Hauck.

i'm always a lousy predictor. sam houston by 25, as their coaches see whateve the griz coaches obviously don't. hopefully i'm my usually way-off self.

poorgriz said:
... without quality coaching in there to change the mindset.

"quality coaching"??? Considering who your team has for a coach, I consider that a compliment.

Yup, time for the players to start looking to next week, and it is time for us too.

Griz 24

Sam Houston State 17

I think the Griz will play better than this score will show.

Go Griz!

Griz 38
Bearkats 17

Everyone shows up and is fired up to play, we play a full game this time and come out on top.

You guys are way too low.

Griz 71

ShS -3

Minus 3 for SHS for lookin real ugly against the 1-AA team that just lost to the DII team, and the coaches not wanting to bring the team back out after half. I figure a point per minute......and it will take at least 3 minutes for Guffey or Hogan to get SHS back onto the field in the second half. :wink:

You know....All the 1-AA teams we beat this year suffer from being beat by the 1AA team that lost to a DII team. And that will be painful....I speak from expierence. :wink:

2 games under their belt....and one hell of a physical week of practice....

these boys will be thankful for saturday to get here....and wash that terrible taste out of their mouth.

Griz 41 bad guys 13

I watched BH show last night, I think he is a bit in denial, and suffers from a case of new coach blues....but I hope he will pull it out this week.

bottom line to our success....

Throw the damn ball!

get te damn ball to Talmadge!

Go Griz

I've got to throw some blunt honesty in here fellas. The Griz D isn't going to hold anyone under 21 points this year, plain and simple. We've got NAIA calliber linebackers and DBs, except for Smith and DeCoit. In addition, we have not even played a good passing team yet. We are going to run into some very stiff competetion in the Big Sky this year and we are in deep trouble.
To win, our offense is going to have to be a quick strike O that can put up a lot of points. And our Special Teams is going to have to continually give us good field position and points. Which I think can happen. That is one possitive.
I do think our offence has some potential. The new system hasn't become second nature for our guys yet, it seems. Our O line I think will come together and provide protection and make holes for the RB's. But, this Griz D-line cannot make up for the lack of tallent at DB and LB.

Griz 35
Bearcats 31

Totally agree Jah. Except the O-line is every bit as pathetic as the D. Disney is playing heart out with very little help. Unless these guys get some pride an quit "expecting" to win instead of earning it we will loose again. Every team we play is gunning for us...every team is looking for "pay-back". They better get up!

Based on the game I saw last weekend...

GRIZ..19
Sam...21

Latest posts

Back