• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana QB's excelling

IntuitiveGriz

Well-known member
DONOR
Cooks hit the road to improve game

Updated: June 25, 2013 at 8:55 am

http://buttesports.com/cooks-hit-the-road-to-improve-game/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Cook brothers, Dylan, left, and Dallas.

It’s been a busy couple of months for Butte High’s Dallas and Dylan Cook. The brothers have hit the road in an effort to take their game to the next level.

“Since we don’t play spring sports, we get an opportunity to get a jump start on football camps so we can continue to get better,” said Dallas Cook, the reigning Class AA offensive MVP.

Dallas Cook, who will be a senior during the 2013 season, passed for a school record 3,613 yards and 32 touchdowns during Butte High’s run to the state championship. He also shattered the school’s record for total yards with 4,516. Dylan Cook, who will be a sophomore, quarterbacked the junior varsity team for the Bulldogs last season.

The brothers attended the Football University (FBU) Camp in Seattle on May 17-19. Actually, they more than attended, they excelled at the invitation-only and world-renowned camp that featured 22 quarterbacks from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona and Georgia.

Dallas placed second in the camp and earned an invitation to FBU’s ultimate football camp, the Top Gun camp next month in Dublin, Ohio.

Top Gun is the culmination of all positions taught at FBU camps throughout the United States, Canada and Europe, inviting the elite players from each camp.

FBU coaches Chris Miller, a former Atlanta Falcons quarterback, and Chad Carpenter, who played QB for the Arizona Cardinals, praised both Cook boys for their footwork, technique and quick release. Dylan finished in the top 10 of the high school class.

The Cook brothers were invited to the Nike Football Training Camp in Eugene, Ore. Both boys threw well at the June 9 camp, working with talented receivers. The brothers worked on deep placing the ball over the outside shoulder on deep fade routs, while also working on check downs to backs and tight ends during 7-on-7 drill.

Dallas Cook was also invited to attend the University of Southern California’s Rising Stars Cap, which is this week, and the Washington State University Individual Minicamp, which was last week.

Along with Butte High coach Arie Grey, Cook and some Bulldog teammates competed in the Oregon Ducks team camp recently. The Bulldogs competed against tough competition from Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii and Samoa.

The Bulldogs competed over the weekend at the nationwide 7-on-7 tournament in Seattle. There, Butte High advanced to the semifinals of the tournament sponsored by the National Guard and the NFL High School Player Development program. Tacoma, Wash., beat the Butte High boys by three points in the semifinals.

The Bulldogs open camp for their title defense in August.
 
IntuitiveGriz said:
Cooks hit the road to improve game

Updated: June 25, 2013 at 8:55 am

http://buttesports.com/cooks-hit-the-road-to-improve-game/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Cook brothers, Dylan, left, and Dallas.

It’s been a busy couple of months for Butte High’s Dallas and Dylan Cook. The brothers have hit the road in an effort to take their game to the next level.

“Since we don’t play spring sports, we get an opportunity to get a jump start on football camps so we can continue to get better,” said Dallas Cook, the reigning Class AA offensive MVP.

Dallas Cook, who will be a senior during the 2013 season, passed for a school record 3,613 yards and 32 touchdowns during Butte High’s run to the state championship. He also shattered the school’s record for total yards with 4,516. Dylan Cook, who will be a sophomore, quarterbacked the junior varsity team for the Bulldogs last season.

The brothers attended the Football University (FBU) Camp in Seattle on May 17-19. Actually, they more than attended, they excelled at the invitation-only and world-renowned camp that featured 22 quarterbacks from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona and Georgia.

Dallas placed second in the camp and earned an invitation to FBU’s ultimate football camp, the Top Gun camp next month in Dublin, Ohio.

Top Gun is the culmination of all positions taught at FBU camps throughout the United States, Canada and Europe, inviting the elite players from each camp.

FBU coaches Chris Miller, a former Atlanta Falcons quarterback, and Chad Carpenter, who played QB for the Arizona Cardinals, praised both Cook boys for their footwork, technique and quick release. Dylan finished in the top 10 of the high school class.

The Cook brothers were invited to the Nike Football Training Camp in Eugene, Ore. Both boys threw well at the June 9 camp, working with talented receivers. The brothers worked on deep placing the ball over the outside shoulder on deep fade routs, while also working on check downs to backs and tight ends during 7-on-7 drill.

Dallas Cook was also invited to attend the University of Southern California’s Rising Stars Cap, which is this week, and the Washington State University Individual Minicamp, which was last week.

Along with Butte High coach Arie Grey, Cook and some Bulldog teammates competed in the Oregon Ducks team camp recently. The Bulldogs competed against tough competition from Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii and Samoa.

The Bulldogs competed over the weekend at the nationwide 7-on-7 tournament in Seattle. There, Butte High advanced to the semifinals of the tournament sponsored by the National Guard and the NFL High School Player Development program. Tacoma, Wash., beat the Butte High boys by three points in the semifinals.

The Bulldogs open camp for their title defense in August.
What's the "Dallas" off the field and in the classroom like...?? just wondering... :egriz:
 
uofmman1122 said:
I seriously doubt UM or MSU have a shot at landing Dallas.

And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.
 
grizfan95 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I seriously doubt UM or MSU have a shot at landing Dallas.

And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
 
Good for Coach Grey getting his team out there competing as a unit in the region's best camps. That's one of the things Montana preps are missing. It isn't enough to hit Griz camp and Cat camp anymore. The Cooks are getting the press, but any of the Butte High kids involved are going to be better recruits for the experience.
 
grizfan95 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I seriously doubt UM or MSU have a shot at landing Dallas.

And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

Sentence numero uno is untrue. Sentence two please explain.
 
griz4life said:
Good for Coach Grey getting his team out there competing as a unit in the region's best camps. That's one of the things Montana preps are missing. It isn't enough to hit Griz camp and Cat camp anymore. The Cooks are getting the press, but any of the Butte High kids involved are going to be better recruits for the experience.

Great post griz4life, you must be a former player or insider because you get it.

I agree with the entire post, in particular the last sentence, that all the BHS kids will be better recruits for participating in (and doing very well) these elite camps. WR Dalton Daum, ect..
 
Intuitive, one of the first things I noticed living outside Montana was how many excellent training opportunities prep athletes have, for any sport really, but particularly for football. You literally have the opportunity to work with good coaches year round and, at least in the spring and summer, compete against the best athletes in your region.
I know cost and distance can work against Montana preps getting that kind of experience and because of equipment football athletes in some cases are more challenged, but players in non-football sports do pull it off, specifically basketball and soccer.
Coach Grey is a great coach for putting these opportunities together for his team.
 
IntuitiveGriz said:
grizfan95 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I seriously doubt UM or MSU have a shot at landing Dallas.

And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

Sentence numero uno is untrue. Sentence two please explain.

If you've followed Cook's story, which I'm sure you have, you would understand both of these.
 
grizfnz said:
grizfan95 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I seriously doubt UM or MSU have a shot at landing Dallas.

And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have to confess that I do not know anything about what he's said or done. But of he does have the talent to compete at a higher level, why does doing so (or planning to do so, or saying he plans to do so) make him a prima donna?
 
Grizlaw said:
grizfnz said:
grizfan95 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I seriously doubt UM or MSU have a shot at landing Dallas.

And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have to confess that I do not know anything about what he's said or done. But of he does have the talent to compete at a higher level, why does doing so (or planning to do so, or saying he plans to do so) make him a prima donna?

It's how you go about it. Miller from Helena had the talent all along to compete at a higher level, but no one was calling him a prima donna about it. That's the difference.
 
grizfan95 said:
Grizlaw said:
grizfnz said:
grizfan95 said:
And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have to confess that I do not know anything about what he's said or done. But of he does have the talent to compete at a higher level, why does doing so (or planning to do so, or saying he plans to do so) make him a prima donna?

It's how you go about it. Miller from Helena had the talent all along to compete at a higher level, but no one was calling him a prima donna about it. That's the difference.
But why, though? I'm asking, honestly...I'm a long way from home, so I am unable to follow these things as closely as I'd like to. I don't know what it is that turns people off about Cook. I'm also a Butte guy though, so I'm curious. What has he said or done that people don't like?
 
Grizlaw said:
grizfnz said:
grizfan95 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I seriously doubt UM or MSU have a shot at landing Dallas.

And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have to confess that I do not know anything about what he's said or done. But of he does have the talent to compete at a higher level, why does doing so (or planning to do so, or saying he plans to do so) make him a prima donna?


It was intentionally spelled prima"drama" and has nothing to do with the kids talent or ability to play elsewhere.....search the forum from when his father was posting on egriz and you'll find your answer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
 
grizfnz said:
Grizlaw said:
grizfnz said:
grizfan95 said:
And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have to confess that I do not know anything about what he's said or done. But of he does have the talent to compete at a higher level, why does doing so (or planning to do so, or saying he plans to do so) make him a prima donna?


It was intentionally spelled prima"drama" and has nothing to do with the kids talent or ability to play elsewhere.....search the forum from when his father was posting on egriz and you'll find your answer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Now you've done it! God Damn it! Now Poppy is going to come back on here and yell at us!!
 
grizfnz said:
Grizlaw said:
grizfnz said:
grizfan95 said:
And to be honest with you, neither party wants the other. Cook's done everything but state he's too good.

#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have to confess that I do not know anything about what he's said or done. But of he does have the talent to compete at a higher level, why does doing so (or planning to do so, or saying he plans to do so) make him a prima donna?


It was intentionally spelled prima"drama" and has nothing to do with the kids talent or ability to play elsewhere.....search the forum from when his father was posting on egriz and you'll find your answer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I totally forgot about that thread. That's an egriz classic!
 
Grizlaw said:
grizfan95 said:
Grizlaw said:
grizfnz said:
#primadrama :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have to confess that I do not know anything about what he's said or done. But of he does have the talent to compete at a higher level, why does doing so (or planning to do so, or saying he plans to do so) make him a prima donna?

It's how you go about it. Miller from Helena had the talent all along to compete at a higher level, but no one was calling him a prima donna about it. That's the difference.
But why, though? I'm asking, honestly...I'm a long way from home, so I am unable to follow these things as closely as I'd like to. I don't know what it is that turns people off about Cook. I'm also a Butte guy though, so I'm curious. What has he said or done that people don't like?

The kid has been bashed by this poster on the board before. Brave man, he who criticizes a HS junior under the cloak of anonymity. That takes a special sort of loser, doesn't it? :thumb:
 
I don't know anything about the kids but my nephew has played basketball and football against the youngest cook. Once again not saying anything about the kids but the dad is not U of Montana material. He is everything we are trying to get away from now. Talented as they may be let them go else where.
 
Back
Top