• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana finishes 221st in athletic standings

MrTitleist

Staff member
http://thedirectorscup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/June27release.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting.. Nevada was the worst FBS program.

GrizMusician said:
...and MSU finished 122... I might as well kill myself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jumping-out-of-window.gif

MrTitleist said:
http://thedirectorscup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/June27release.pdf

Interesting.. Nevada was the worst FBS program.

Actually Texas State was the worst. If you don't count them then Nevada tied with Louisiana-Monroe and Western Michigan for last in FBS.

That's a pretty rough list. There's no points for conference championships. No real points for making a tournament. Pretty much the only way to move the needle is to finish 1-5 in an NCAA championship.

We had 50 total points, all from winter sports, so I'd imagine we may have only received points from Basketball.

Looks like the FCS playoff teams got 50 pts for making the playoffs, and more for each round/win. NDSU got 100 for the NC, while SHSU got 90 for runner up. The Cats had 70.

uofmman1122 said:
We had 50 total points, all from winter sports, so I'd imagine we may have only received points from Basketball.

Looks like the FCS playoff teams got 50 pts for making the playoffs, and more for each round/win. NDSU got 100 for the NC, while SHSU got 90 for runner up. The Cats had 70.

Wait, we're 221st in a competition I've never heard of and that no one gives a rip about?

The horror.

CrunchGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

Wait, we're 221st in a competition I've never heard of and that no one gives a rip about?

The horror.

And yet you'd be bragging if you were 1st.

CatzWillRise said:
CrunchGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

The horror.

:lol: holy crap, that's funny....and true!

CatzWillRise said:
CrunchGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

The horror.

Not me. You've got me confused with some delusional 'Cat fan. Oops, redundant.

CatzWillRise said:
CrunchGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

The horror.

I've been bragging as a GRIZ fan yesterday, today, tomorrow and every f.....g day that I'm on the planet... :puke: F.T.C.

Considering the obvious overall disparity in the rankings between FBS and FCS schools it's clear that a hell of a lot of FBSers found pride and success in a lot of sports other than the holiest of Holy Grails - thee National Football Championship. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back