• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana and Marquette v. Syracuse

PlayerRep

This story line looks familiar.

UM: 34 points, 20.4% shooting, 12.9% 3-pt shooting (4-31), 17 turnovers

Marquette: 39 points, 22.6% shooting, 12% 3-pt shooting (3-25), 13 turnovers

PlayerRep said:

Interesting ... and depressing. Of course, Marquette actually played defense, so their losing score differential was better.

Syracuse vs UM 81 pts, 52% fg. No starters played more then 30 mins. Bench scored 26 pts.

vs Marqutte 55 pts. 38% fg. 4 starters played 35+ mins. Bench 1 pt.

poiuyter said:
Syracuse vs UM 81 pts, 52% fg. No starters played more then 30 mins. Bench scored 26 pts.

vs Marqutte 55 pts. 38% fg. 4 starters played 35+ mins. Bench 1 pt.

Yeah. We got that. Marquette played better defense, keeping the score closer and requiring Syracuse to play their starters longer. Doesn't change the fact that neither Indiana nor Marquette were ever in their games...much like Montana.

IdaGriz01 said:
PlayerRep said:

Interesting ... and depressing. Of course, Marquette actually played defense, so their losing score differential was better.

Hard for that Griz team to play good D against Syracuse. They had some many easy dunks it was terrible. The only good D the Griz could probably have mustered would have been a good perimeter offense, and we saw how well that worked.

Marquette and Indiana both looked confused, scared and lacked confidence when they had the ball - just like Montana. That Syracuse defense is something special.

rimrockgriz said:
Just face it... we sucked sh!t against CUSE :cry:

As we should have... few of us expected us to get past our first game & in hindsight the loss was no surprise considering we were playing against one of the best teams in the nation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Syracuse vs Michigan will be a great Final Four match up.
Two hot teams.
One of the best defenses vs one of the top offenses.
Great test of the old maxim, "Defense wins championships".
We'll see how that holds up. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
Syracuse vs Michigan will be a great Final Four match up.
Two hot teams.
One of the best defenses vs one of the top offenses.
Great test of the old maxim, "Defense wins championships".
We'll see how that holds up. :ugeek:

I am super excited for the Syracuse/Michigan game. Duke/Louisville winner will play Wichita State. I have a feeling Wichita State's cinderella season will stop there.

Back