• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana # 13 in polls

mtleatherhead

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/cfoot225poll.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the bobkitten's slide begins...dropped to 3 from 2. Griz jump 7 spots. Should have a pool predicting what week the Griz overtake the kitties in the poll.

Too early to have any meaning other than respect for the programs. It is not like many of the voters know much about any current team other than their own and their conference foes. The Big Sky is getting quite a bit of respect this week.

Nice bump for the Griz. Five BSC teams in the top 25. I am surprised that Southern Utah did not jumb into the top 25 with their FBS win?

Griz90 said:
And the bobkitten's slide begins...dropped to 3 from 2. Griz jump 7 spots. Should have a pool predicting what week the Griz overtake the kitties in the poll.
My guess is by the end of sept. pretty sure they'll loose to SMU which shouldent hurt their poll standings, but they finish sept on the road at SFA, which Weber handeled and at No Dak. If they loose one of those and we keep winnin, which we should do if we play like we did against App St then we should pass them on the first poll in oct.

uofmman1122 said:
Surprised EWU didn't get more first place votes.

Cause the first place team is the Alabama of the FCS and just beat a team that is also in the FBS and probably more nationally known in Kansas State. While I applaud EWU's effort and it is shown by their move to #2, hard to argue with the two time national champion NDSU's current dominance over the poll.

grizfan95 said:
Would be pretty interesting if we had a chance to beat 3 top 10 teams and 4 top 15 teams.

Man, we have a killer schedule the second half of the season. I am just glad we have Cal Poly and EWU at home. But Sac State and South Dakota back to back on the road are going to be tough games. I was thinking that Weber was going to be the easiest game of the 2nd half but they just beat Stephen F Austin to start the season.

Bottom Line - Big Sky Conference is loaded this year! Cal Davis, Northern Colorado and Idaho State are really the only teams I can think of that haven't gotten some accolades.

Surprising to see SHSU drop a spot after a 74-0 win.
Seems like Sincere and Flanders have been there about 10 years now.

DuCharme said:

I think SHSU dropped because they destroyed a team playing its very first game ever. I'm guessing that the poll committee wasn't too impressed because of that reason.

DuCharme said:
they beat Houston Baptist, this was HB's first ever football game, should it even count?

grizfan95 said:
Would be pretty interesting if we had a chance to beat 3 top 10 teams and 4 top 15 teams.
The Bobcats had a chance to beat the #1 team, but, but.......oh well.

I don't look at the top 25 as it's posted on the tsn site often, but I think there's something to be said about the number of voters from the Big Sky region--21. That's double the number from the CAA or the SoCon. Sure doesn't hurt when you're the Griz trying to claw your way into the top 10.

Griz90 said:

Well that didn't take long for you folks to start talking about us in a Griz Ranking thread... we're obviously in your heads, and for good reason.

You won't overtake us in the polls anytime soon, if at all. Even if we lose next weekend (Will be a brawl down to the wire) we will win our next seven games. Then we face EWU in Cheney on 11\9 and it's going to be a huge challenge to escape there with a W. But you'll have 2 or 3 losses by then anyway.

Back